Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

sullynathan

Arcane
I fucked triss, Yen (multiple times) and Keira and none of them care. I guess mind reading isn't all that useful but Djikstra was watching.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Its weird seeing people saying how "empty" the open world is in W3, while the whole game is stuffed with all kinds of trash encounters every bloody fifty meters regardles if that makes sense, so you can see drowners 20 meters from a vuillage and packs of wolves circling not fifty meters from some soldiers and all those trash mobs respawn. Then you have the numerous points of interest, underground dungeons and locations with parts of witcher armor sets - and then you have all the small subquests, Witcher contracts and the whole quest chains within the main quest line.

How is that - empty? And how could the world be even fuller of such nonsense mobs?

The answer is, it feels "empty" because most of it is superficial gamey trash and the falseness of most of it is understood even by those who play with two synapses.
All those trash mobs are just strewn across the landscape without any care for how much sense it makes and they are unconnected to anything else in the world. And the respawning makes it worse, because that reinforces the feeling that wiping out any of those doesnt matter at all and is just a gamey superficial gimmick that tries to bloat the content but actually does the opposite.

edit
-
would be nice if you dumb retarded turds would be capable of saying why you disagree, or even have an opinion in that shit filled dumb skulls of yours.

Last edited:

MasPingon

Arcane
Its weird seeing people saying how "empty" the open world is in W3, while the whole game is stuffed with all kinds of trash encounters every bloody fifty meters regardles if that makes sense, so you can see drowners 20 meters from a vuillage and packs of wolves circling not fifty meters from some soldiers and all those trash mobs respawn. Then you have the numerous points of interest, underground dungeons and locations with parts of witcher armor sets - and then you have all the small subquests, Witcher contracts and the whole quest chains within the main quest line.

How is that - empty? And how could the world be even fuller of such nonsense mobs?

The answer is, it feels "empty" because most of it is superficial gamey trash and the falseness of most of it is understood even by those who play with two synapses.
All those trash mobs are just strewn across the landscape without any care for how much sense it makes and they are unconnected to anything else in the world. And the respawning makes it worse, because that reinforces the feeling that wiping out any of those doesnt matter at all and is just a gamey superficial gimmick that tries to bloat the content but actually does the opposite.

I got to ask while I have a chance - did they make Bioshock Infinite the way it looks like in old gameplay previews in your universe? Can you send me a copy? I will send you a copy of Witcher 3 in exchange.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What the fuck... does that have to do with anything you imbecile?
Am i supposed to telepathically figure out what the fuck you really want to say while you have a brain aneurysm?

Swigen

Arbiter
What the fuck... does that have to do with anything you imbecile?
Am i supposed to telepathically figure out what the fuck you really want to say while you have a brain aneurysm?

keltec-ac-jpg.87847

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Look at meeeh moooom i can post pictures on the internets and push buttons reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1ItRugY.png

There. And now what?

No, no, you are right, i do this because im butthurt by your moronic inability to do anything but be butthurt dumb retarded cretins.
You pathetic dumb shits. Quick, push more buttons to make someone butthurt !!!

:lol:

sullynathan

Arcane
Level 26. I saved the ugliest motherfucker alive and now I have to plan for the inevitable Kaer Morhan battle.

From the quest, I recruited Keira already then got my dwarf friend, Roche, Hjalmar, Ves, the old druid man. Djikstra didn't want to come, likely because I didn't trust him in the quest to get his money back.

Other guys not mentioned in the quest that I'm expecting to eventually come are Trish & Letho because I told them to go to Kaer Morhan so I hope they remember.

I'm assuming I'm close to the ending of the game since Ciri and all that Jazz.

Should I go to the DLC and power through even though I'm lower level or is this one of those games you can play post-ending in the same playthrough?

Codex Year of the Donut
Level 26. I saved the ugliest motherfucker alive and now I have to plan for the inevitable Kaer Morhan battle.

From the quest, I recruited Keira already then got my dwarf friend, Roche, Hjalmar, Ves, the old druid man. Djikstra didn't want to come, likely because I didn't trust him in the quest to get his money back.

Other guys not mentioned in the quest that I'm expecting to eventually come are Trish & Letho because I told them to go to Kaer Morhan so I hope they remember.

I'm assuming I'm close to the ending of the game since Ciri and all that Jazz.

Should I go to the DLC and power through even though I'm lower level or is this one of those games you can play post-ending in the same playthrough?
Do Hearts of Stone now, Blood & Wine after you finish

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
why in this order?
Hearts of stone is shorter and takes place around Oxenfurt (at the start). B&W is in a different region and the story males more sense to be taking place after everything else is resolved.
If he's lvl 26 though and only preparing for the Kaer Morhen battle he's not at the end yet. Why jumping back and forth between HoS and the last third of vanilla?

Finish the base game first, then worry about the DLCs.

Codex Year of the Donut
why in this order?
Hearts of stone is shorter and takes place around Oxenfurt (at the start). B&W is in a different region and the story males more sense to be taking place after everything else is resolved.
If he's lvl 26 though and only preparing for the Kaer Morhen battle he's not at the end yet. Why jumping back and forth between HoS and the last third of vanilla?

Hearts of Stone actually has reaction with the base game

Shrimp

Arbiter
Witcher 3 gets a lot of shit for its combat (and rightfully so) but Witcher 1 is on a whole other level.
Make sure to at least try the second game at some point.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Witcher 1 combat was simplistic rhytm clicker... but it relied more on stats and alchemy effects.
Plus it had some cool moves and effects (group style!).
I preferred it over the arcade combat in TW2 & TW3.

PsychoFox

Educated
Witcher 3 gets a lot of shit for its combat (and rightfully so) but Witcher 1 is on a whole other level.
Make sure to at least try the second game at some point.
I've played the other two games.

Witcher 1 combat was simplistic rhytm clicker... but it relied more on stats and alchemy effects.
Plus it had some cool moves and effects (group style!).
I preferred it over the arcade combat in TW2 & TW3.
I can't imagine why you would prefer it over TW3 tbh. It is unique and (sometimes) cool, but it pretty much breaks down by the end of the game. You get so powerful that the only way the game can challenge you in any way is by constantly stun locking you.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
why in this order?

Yes, definitely that. The Caer Moren battle is not the end of the base game story.

Codex Year of the Donut
why in this order?

Yes, definitely that. The Caer Moren battle is not the end of the base game story.
You're going to make him miss out on Mignole-Vesemir dialogue.
In a spoiler free way for sullynathan : It's clear by that alone that Hearts of Stone was intended to be at least started before the battle of Kaer Morhen.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You're going to make him miss out on Mignole-Vesemir dialogue.
In a spoiler free way for sullynathan : It's clear by that alone that Hearts of Stone was intended to be at least started before the battle of Kaer Morhen.
I did not know about that, but ok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom