Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs other than Arcanum feature 'fate points'?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Frayed Knights has "drama stars". They're not awarded for completing quests though, but for avoiding save-scumming - the longer you go without reloading the more star points you get.

Frayed Knights' drama stars is what i also thought just by reading the topic. I always found the idea very clever, too bad that the world has largely ignored Jay's game. It does require being able to look past the mock-up level of the UI and it really needs at least some FOV increase (especially if you use the frame, which you need to because the text doesn't have any outline to make it visible in low light areas), so it is understandable. I am surprised he hasn't decided to contract some artist to at least create a new UI theme over the years.

(...or maybe he did? My copy is from Desura and that shop has closed down, but the Steam screenshots look exactly like my copy)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also, I think Arcanum's fate points are terribly ill-considered, because you get them very rarely and they never regenerate, so why the fuck would you ever consider using them instead of, I dunno, hogging them all for the final boss? Especially with save scumming around.
Because not everyone savescums

then have fun trying to decide where to spend your 1 fate point in a game that takes 40 or whatever hours to finish

spoiler, you're never going to spend it
there's 27 possible fate points.
To be honest,they were pretty useless. Very few of them and the effects are meh. In all my replays i never used a single one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom