Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
Alchemists are completely and utterly insane just for being able to hand out buffs that are usually Personal. Shield on on Ekun's doggo? Yes, please. Shield on Amiri or anyone that is dual-wielding or dueling or two-handing, for that matter? Yes please.

Using Extracts on others is one of those optional powers that are so unique and so great that they become mandatory, and instead should be base class features and taken into account as such.
Transformation on Nok-Nok. :positive:
Yes. Turn him into a kobold.
It's xaurips. If you played game you would know it.
I was thinking more Pun-Pun, but then I should have known that a wannabe like yourself wouldn't have a solitary clue what I was referring to.
I don't speak chinese.
And proves that you are nothing but someone who wants to sound like one of the cool people but actually sounds like a complete tool.
Did you played the game already?
If I said "yes", would you believe it?

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Alchemists are completely and utterly insane just for being able to hand out buffs that are usually Personal. Shield on on Ekun's doggo? Yes, please. Shield on Amiri or anyone that is dual-wielding or dueling or two-handing, for that matter? Yes please.

Using Extracts on others is one of those optional powers that are so unique and so great that they become mandatory, and instead should be base class features and taken into account as such.
I was thinking more Pun-Pun, but then I should have known that a wannabe like yourself wouldn't have a solitary clue what I was referring to.
I don't speak chinese.
And proves that you are nothing but someone who wants to sound like one of the cool people but actually sounds like a complete tool.
You have never said "yes" though which makes it real clear the answer's no

Cael

Arcane

I don't speak chinese.
If my answer does not matter to you, then the only reason you'd ask the question is to distract from the fact that you have no argument and are full of shit. QED, boy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It depends on companion. Most of them have 2 prominent "paths" but for some it is more complicated than basic Evil/Good. In quests, you are allowed to chose anything that does not fail it directly. Endings range a lot too.

I kinda do not see a point playing evil characters and worry about how happy your minions will end up in the remote future.

Thanks for the answer man.
My question was not whether minions got a happy ending, but a satisfyingly evil one (corrupting characters).
For example, is it possible to either turn Valerie into a lawful evil companion or have a ending slide where she burns down a Shelyn monastery and kills everyone inside due to my advice and talks during the game, etc...
No, companions don't have evil/good endings. They got endings that fit their character, there are no crazy swings in how characters act by the end of the game. These are not a crappy Bioware type simple companions that only do what you want them to and got no values and will of their own.

Reinhardt

Arcane

I don't speak chinese.
If my answer does not matter to you, then the only reason you'd ask the question is to distract from the fact that you have no argument and are full of shit. QED, boy.
So it's "yes"?

Efe

Erudite
cael is right, only if he can explain what the fuck being a kobold has to do with (tenser's) transformation spell.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
It depends on companion. Most of them have 2 prominent "paths" but for some it is more complicated than basic Evil/Good. In quests, you are allowed to chose anything that does not fail it directly. Endings range a lot too.

I kinda do not see a point playing evil characters and worry about how happy your minions will end up in the remote future.

Thanks for the answer man.
My question was not whether minions got a happy ending, but a satisfyingly evil one (corrupting characters).
For example, is it possible to either turn Valerie into a lawful evil companion or have a ending slide where she burns down a Shelyn monastery and kills everyone inside due to my advice and talks during the game, etc...
No, companions don't have evil/good endings. They got endings that fit their character, there are no crazy swings in how characters act by the end of the game. These are not a crappy Bioware type simple companions that only do what you want them to and got no values and will of their own.
The thing he mentioned is literally one of the things Valerie can do lol

Efe

Erudite
you can push her towards law or good but not evil. temple of shelyn visit is in-game, not an ending and even there you dont go around slaughtering them for being evil

Shadenuat

Arcane
steam mod: bans waves of exhaustion guy for politicking
tumblr girl: i support moderator got tired of all that schauvinistic p--
steam mod: bans tumblr girl

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
:D

E31GLtW.png

Owlcats CM helped me to be really productive at work in the last three days before a vacation.

And for the record my post was pretty tame.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't remember anything worth of a ban lately actually, what was it? the buggy mess vs. best rpg evar thread?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah. I got banned for answering this guy

Iwumxlu.png

That Deadfire gathered a bunch of Best RPG 2018 rewards thanks to Californian/American/Leftist positive bias (c).

So I was banned on P:K steam forum for bitching about Deadfire. Almost poetic.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I posted this on PF:K steam forum (in the InEffect ban thread):

Ladies, gentlemen and ladies who want to become gentlemen or vice versa:

If you want to call a spade a spade in peace without being banned or harassed by overzealous mods or a bunch of low T soyboy whiners join us at

THE RPG CODEX

Would you like to know more...?
It was the RPG CODEX which brought you the Siroket quest - the best of all the kickstarter quests.

It was the RPG CODEX which coined the term "Choices & Consequences" and made it popular.

It is the RPG CODEX which is the #1 source for "Why did Sir-Tech go bankrupt?".

It is the RPG CODEX where famous blogger Lilura1 - who runs the biggest Infinity Engine blog on the planet with the most clicks - regularily posts. Beware though, she will probably be mean to you and hurt your feelings.

It was the RPG CODEX which followed the development of Grimoire closely and motivated living legend Cleveland Mark Blakemore to fix the remaining micro-issues and release the game. In Grimoire, you can ride turtles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlrtE0VhIw

It was the RPG CODEX where Russian/Canadian developer Vince D. Weller (Irontower Studios) started to develope The Age of Decadence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSV1ei6OjY

When Daedalic, the developer of the excellent tactical combat RPG Blackguards, kinda "forgot" to include a manual to explain the combat mechanics of the Dark Eye system to the clueless nabs out there, it was the RPG CODEX which provided said manual.

It is Felipepepe of the RPG CODEX who created the CRPG book project, a book shedding light on the history of the genre, with articles by gamers, game reviewers and developers alike (incl. Tim Cain, Chris Avellone etc). You can download it for free or pay for the hardcover version. All money goes to charity. https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/

The examples of the greatness of THE RPG CODEX are, of course, endless but I have to stop somewhere. Imagine the "would you like to know more" stuff in neon marquee letters and me reading this with the voice of James Earl Jones.

Post got deleted and I got a warning (the second one). What a bunch of fags.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
deadfire has many problems but it doesn't have legitimately the worst crpg dungeon of all time in it so at least it's got that

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
you can push her towards law or good but not evil. temple of shelyn visit is in-game, not an ending and even there you dont go around slaughtering them for being evil

Well i never got that far in the game during my previous playthroughs, what i said was in lieu to her distaste for Shelyn paladins and the fact that you can force her to kill the paladin in the 1st quest.

purpleblob

Savant

Iwumxlu.png

That Deadfire gathered a bunch of Best RPG 2018 rewards thanks to Californian/American/Leftist positive bias (c).

Why wasn't that dumbass got banned for being racist instead? It's sad but some retards seem to dislike the game simply because it is developed by Russians - such fragile egos.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

Iwumxlu.png

Honestly? I'd rank Deadfire as better even though I really want it to be PFK. Unfinished Pitax + hoteot + horrible lag in latter half of game, I was willing to excuse it at release(I got to Armag's tomb at release before the game got so buggy I was unable to complete it.) The fact that they've put effort into DLC instead of you know, fixing/finishing the base game is just frustrating -- calling it an "enhanced edition" is just an insult when it still feels unfinished.
PFK starts off incredibly strong, but everything after Vordakai's Tomb is a slow decline. IMO it got a ton of praise by people who never even finished it but were impressed by the first half.

Also, at least Deadfire never sold classes as DLC to the best of my knowledge.

Guess it's sort of a "slow and steady wins the race". Owlcat needs to get their priorities straight.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom