Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

Drakron

Arcane
What's the Bless Online story?

Basically the game bombed in every region it released, Russia even pulled the plug on it ... why its bad? well combat is bad, they claimed they were redoing it but Steam launched with only one class having it redo, also they decided to censor some quests that had tasteful nudity and sexy (as in Mass Effect style), I was going to take a look but then seen their entry price so its a cash grab as they try to recover from their failure.

Therin

Barely Literate
I've been looking to give this game a chance again after playing it at launch and dropping because none of my friends played, but I'm not too sure of doing it without a guild. Is anyone here still playing that can recommend a guild?

Drakortha

Liturgist
I finally got around to completing the story missions in the Path of Fire expansion and seen all the maps. Overall, pretty darn impressive for what I paid for it (I think it was $30 last year?) Even though I finished the story there's still tons of content to explore on those maps. The mounts alone are probably worth the $30.

hF43Agq.png

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Mounts are basically one thing GW2 does the best in the entire genre because they're not just a percentile increase in movement speed. Which is ironic considering they weren't even in the base game to begin with.

Codex Year of the Donut
the combat of this game is awful(like most modern MMOs), I hate the MMO focus on "rotation"-based combat and short-duration buffs

Drakortha

Liturgist
the combat of this game is awful(like most modern MMOs), I hate the MMO focus on "rotation"-based combat and short-duration buffs

Yeah, I actually wish they would reduce the population of hostile mobs in the open zones, in PoF specifically. Combat is way too dull to be pulling mobs from everywhere anytime you step a few feet in any direction. Exploration is the games strong suit and I want more instances where I can do that unhindered.

However, it seems they've purposely gone out of their way to put a hostile mob on every inch of the map to the point where you cannot avoid combat no matter how hard you try. You can only wade through them with the raptor so far, because you get flung off and forced to fight another trash veteran mob that has 100000 health, does 100000 damage, and drops nothing when you kill it.

krilcebre

Learned
How many people are still playing this? I'm kind of interested in starting it again, but I don't want to play in mostly empty zones. Also anyone else interested in starting again?

Jesus, and they expect you to pay for more than 6 account-wide slots?

*reads bullshit*

No, they expect you to pay for more than 3 account-wide slots. You get 3 free if you log in in an short timerframe to "enjoy" this new addition.

:badnews:
But then you can still copy and paste the generated code to save and retrieve your "builds" from an infinite number of slots in notepad, so what's the FUCKING POINT?

Kitchen Utensil

And it's so fucking sad.

They had something really special with GuildWars, and they threw everything that was good about it out the window.
Fucking retards. Everywhere.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And it's so fucking sad.

They had something really special with GuildWars, and they threw everything that was good about it out the window.
Fucking retards. Everywhere.
Because Anet had rotating swastikas dollars in their eyes when they decided that World of Warcraft is the first MMO, the only MMO and the last MMO when they decided to make yet another World of Warcraft Addon.

Screen-shot-2010-04-14-at-5.55.53-PM.png

ArenaNet contemplating whether World of Warcraft is the Ubergame.

You have to understand this. Anet was formed by the critical Blizzard Talent behind all of Blizzard's smash hits, most notably Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain. They left Blizzard precisely they saw WoW as the treasonous pile of yak dung that it is. Since that fateful day in February 2000, Blizzard has been clinically dead for all intends and purposes and just hemorrhaged more and more talent each year. Meanwhile at Anet, the ex-blizzard talent went on to make the best competitive team game (ESPORTS!!!) to date, long before that festival for imbecile faggots DotA was even a thing. Anet made the mistake to let itself be acquired by NCSoft halfway thru GW1 development, and the asian whores demanded - how could it be any other - yet. another. World of Warcraft addon for a sequel. I can still hear the brains imploding in rage and frustration when the Blizzard/Anet talent was told that they have to make fucking world of warcraft yet again.

Sadly that talent is now scattered far and wide or has quit the industry altogether. But I am fully convinced that if someone brought these fine people together again, gives them money and tells them to execute a good fucking game, they would deliver. Not a single doubt in my mind.

It's a tragedy, but so is life.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom