Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

CyberModuled

Savant
It ain't July 4th unfortunately but it's the day the US nuked Hiroshima so that kinda makes up for it in spades imo

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/metal-wolf-chaos-xd-launches-august-6

Metal Wolf Chaos XD launches August 6

Metal Wolf Chaos XD will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 6, a listing on the Microsoft Store has revealed.

A “Skin Pack” add-on will also be available, although its contents have yet to be detailed.

Here is an overview of the game, via the Microsoft Store:

The country is in peril as President Michael Wilson defends the nation against a full-scale rebellion led by Vice-President Richard Hawk and the mechanized legions he commands. As the 47th President of the United States, it is your sworn duty to take your country back by any means necessary and end this unjust coup d’etat! Battle in your advanced mech—armed to the teeth—across iconic American landscapes including the Brooklyn Bridge, the Grand Canyon, and the front steps of the White House.

FromSoftware originally released Metal Wolf Chaos in December 2004, appearing exclusively in Japan. The game went on to become somewhat of a legend as it was hard to acquire and even harder to play outside of Japan with most fans experience of the game through Let’s Play videos and the occasional screenshot.

Devolver Digital and FromSoftware have partnered together with developer General Arcade to modernize Metal Wolf Chaos with updates to the game including upgraded visual fidelity, refined controls and gameplay, a new save system, and 4K plus 16:9 support for modern displays.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
KA3951E.jpg

Mikeal

Arcane
So I was checking who was responsible for levels in original Thief games....

Thief: The Dark Project

(Thief Gold) Training: Randy Smith, Greg LoPicollo, Mark Lizotte

Lord Bafford's Manor: Dorian Hart

Cragscleft Prison: Mike Ryan, Tim Stellmach, Ian Vogel

The Bonehoard: Dorian Hart, Nate Wells

Assassins: Mike Ryan, Greg LoPiccolo

The Thieves Guild: Sara Verrilli

The Sword: Sara Verrilli, Nate Wells

Haunted Cathedral: Randy Smith

Mage Towers: Rafael Brown, Sara Verrilli, Mike Chrzanowski

The Lost City: Mike Ryan, Tim Stellmach, Greg LoPiccolo

Song Of The Caverns: Terri Brosius

Undercover: Dorian Hart

Return To The Cathedral: Randy Smith, Mark Lizotte

Escape: Randy Smith

Strange Bedfellows: Sara Verrilli

Maw Of Chaos: Mike Ryan, Sara Verrilli, Greg LoPiccolo

"Bloopers": Rob Caminos, Laura Baldwin

Thief II: The Metal Age
Running Interference: Tim Stellmach, Rich Carlson, Rick Ernst, Terri Brosius

Shipping And Receiving: Mike Chrzanowski

Framed: Rich Carlson, Rob Caminos

Ambush!: Iikka Keränen, Sara Verrilli

Eavesdropping: Rich Carlson, Emil Pagliarulo, Sara Verilli, Mike Chrzanowski

First City Bank And Trust: Randy Smith

Blackmail: Mike Chrzanowski

Trace The Courier: Iikka Keränen, Sara Verrilli

Trail Of Blood: Terri Brosius

Life Of The Party: Emil Pagliarulo

Precious Cargo: Emil Pagliarulo

Kidnap: Sara Verrilli, Mike Ryan

Casing The Joint: Rafael Brown, Tim Stellmach, Rich Carlson, Mike Ryan

Masks: Rafael Brown, Rich Carlson, Mike Ryan

Sabotage At Soulforge: Randy Smith

What the fuck. What in the fucking fuck.

Last edited:

Executr

Cipher
World's Rarest Video Game - Extra Terrestrials Atari 2600 "Long Lost Video Game"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Worlds-Rar...-Atari-2600-Long-Lost-Video-Game/133104030406

This is the one and only opportunity to get your hands on one of the rarest video games of all time. This is a one of a kind 100% original and authentic Atari 2600 video game called Extra Terrestrials. This is the first time that this game has ever been listed publicly for sale to the world and I am currently the only confirmed private owner of this game right now. The only other discovered copies are held in a museum. One unique fact about this game is that it was first discovered in 2011, but considering its production date in 1984 it has avoided discovery for so long due to its rarity making it the "long lost video game". The original creator himself, Herman Quast, claimed that the production was extremely limited and only about a hundred or so copies were ever printed.

The game was made in 1984 by a company in Burlington Ontario called "Skill Screen Games". Three family members (Tom Banting, Peter Banting, Maitland Banting) along with programmer (Herman Quast) patented and invested their time and money in the game. Tom Banting owned a media company, Peter Banting was a marketing adviser and Herman was a computer programmer. They all contributed their expertise in order to develop an Atari 2600 game based on the popular E.T. movie by Steven Spielberg.
The team was in the development of finalizing the game targeting the Christmas market of 1983, however, production was delayed due to technical issues and the team lost the opportunity to make sales for Christmas. After finally finishing the game in 1984, the video game crash hit in which consumers weren't interested in home gaming systems since they had expensive price tags and didn't resemble the arcade experience. During this period, video games plummeted in price and big-name distributors were liquidating games by the hundreds just to get rid of inventory. With this bad timing, Herman and his team believed that there was no point in continuing production, consequently, they immediately stopped development in order to prevent further financial loss. By this time the team had already invested around $15,000 of their money and countless hours producing the game. In order to reduce their losses, they decided not to invest more money into marketing the game or supplying it to big-name distributors as they originally intended. Rather, they distributed the game manually door to door near their area to sell whatever copies they could to cover costs and expenses. This information was provided by the original producer Herman Quast himself who stated in an interview that this was a very bitter time in his life that he wants to forget.

Another unique aspect of this game as Syd Bolton (owner of PC Museum) stated is that it is the only commercially produced Canadian Atari 2600 game. It is an officially patented and approved Atari 2600 VCS and not a homebrew or reproduction of any kind. With it's historical and cultural significance, the method of distribution, unique cartridge size, low print run, it is regarded by many including "Racketboy's Rarest and Most Valuable Atari 2600 Games" as one of the rarest video games of all time. Today only 4 copies of this game are in existence and this copy is the only one in private hands. Furthermore, this game was inspired by the "worst video game ever made" the infamous E.T. for the Atari 2600, adding to its historical value.
I purchased this game from a seller who found this game in the Brantford area close to the site of production. I paid a premium price for it myself and it is very difficult for me to make this choice but I thought I would open the opportunity to the world to get their hands on a truly unique piece of gaming history. Bolton regarded this discovery similar to that of finding an ancient artifact.
The game is labeled as "Acceptable". However, in my opinion, I believe that it is in good shape with minimal wear and use due to old age; but this may be debated based on different opinions, see all pictures and make a judgment for yourself. The label was professionally removed in order to verify contents (board) inside and to authenticate it. The game is 100% original and the real deal. The label can be easily reattached at your own expense.

The game comes with a professional custom made VGA brand acrylic case.
For any more information or questions please feel free to message me. Absolutely no returns or refunds will be issued under any circumstances due to its rarity. I am willing to send as many pictures as requested or answer any questions prior to purchase. Upon purchase of this game, the seller is acknowledging the condition of the game based on all pictures and details provided. Seller is accepting all responsibility for this listing and if they have any questions or unsure about anything it is their responsibility to contact me prior to purchase. I prefer local pick up just because of rarity however If required I will ship this game with signature confirmation only and NO PO BOX.

Asking for $90k. Yeah...

hellbent

Augur
World's Rarest Video Game - Extra Terrestrials Atari 2600 "Long Lost Video Game"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Worlds-Rar...-Atari-2600-Long-Lost-Video-Game/133104030406

Asking for $90k. Yeah...

Since they mention that the game was made by one programmer in 84 who never went on to do anything of note in the gaming industry thereafter, and was "inspired" by the abysmal Atari 2600 E.T. game, who in the hell would want to pay more than a few bucks for this piece of shit? If someone wanted to play a crappy game for the hell of it, there are plenty of freeware titles that will fill that bill. Or they could just play Sneak King on the 360, which is a whopping $3 on Ebay now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
I probably have an old roguelike I made in college and nobody ever played backed up somewhere if someone wants to pay me $90k for the world's true rarest game

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Asking for $90k. Yeah...

Since they mention that the game was made by one programmer in 84 who never went on to do anything of note in the gaming industry thereafter, and was "inspired" by the abysmal Atari 2600 E.T. game, who in the hell would want to pay more than a few bucks for this piece of shit? If someone wanted to play a crappy game for the hell of it, there are plenty of freeware titles that will fill that bill. Or they could just play Sneak King on the 360, which is a whopping $3 on Ebay now.

There are a lot of manchildren with a lot money, console collectors are very special breed of autists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latro

Arcane
So I was checking who was responsible for levels in original Thief games....

Song Of The Caverns: Terri Brosius

Trail Of Blood: Terri Brosius
Nice. People love to go on about women in the industry, but they always seem to forget the ones with actual talent; Terri B. made my favorite Thief levels.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
http://www.inpatientgame.com/play.html

Inpatient is a simulation of a mental health crisis and the patient experience of psychiatric hospitalization. It is an interactive novel of over 160,000 words that takes you through a 72 hour hospital stay. The characters in this game are fictional, but the events within are inspired by real-life experiences.

lightbane

Arcane
Sawyer made another game:

Lost Daughter is an open-world action game which tells the story of Sawyer trying to find his daughter.

Sawyer wakes up in a hospital remembering nothing but he has a daughter. He will go into troubles while searching for his daughter.

Key Features

• Open-world
  • Huge map
  • Use special powers eating hamburgers, sandwiches and drinking water, coffee and coke
  • Realistic car controls
  • Many guns
  • In-game comics to tell the story
  • Stalk any character

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom