Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
put the screws to him
Ok, that's too much information!
TLDR:
"One of the really fun things about my job is I get to pretend there is anyone at WotC who gives a shit about our setting consistency."

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Imagine it like flushing the toilet and taking a fresh shit.

Even if will have flaws like D:OS2, at least it will exist.
So,

giphy.gif

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You DO realise, child, that in the adventure module "Murder in Baldur's Gate", which takes place ...blarhh...ggllrrrbb...gguugglhhrrrr...

90Bj8Cv.jpg

You have officially reached the level beyond full retard.
There are now no words in human language to properly describe what a ludicrous retarded imbecile of incredible proportions you are. You are now in the plated retardation territory.

Murder in Baldurs gate was a part of the quotes i gave you, you ludicrous brain damaged dumbfuck.
Not to mention the most obvious thing that another poster already mentioned, since Bhaal is alive and back - there cannot be anymore bhaalspawn...

The results are final:

f992EFc.png

That was certainly my aim when I poke fanbois. It is hilarious how they squeal on command whenever I give their holy game a poke. Even when I outright tell them that I like the setting/mechanics and am poking the game just to see them squeal, they go ape when I do it. Fanbois... ...grrbblll ... grrrhhh... gggllbb...

.... as I made it clear in the VtmB thread that I kick the game just to see the fanbois cry.... ggllbbb...gllhhh....

wPSwudn.jpg

err... i said several months ago you are a retarded cretin who lives in his own hallucinations. You are literally not capable of understanding reality.
I honestly have no fucking idea what youre talking about, and in fact - as can be seen in my post history - i always hated VTMB.
I couldnt care less what a complete absurd dumbfuck like you could say about any game or mechanics or whatever else. Its just that your specific stupidity and retardation are insults for the whole human race.

Just... fuck off.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
RPG Site: So what's the timescale here then? If Descent covers the time since Baldur's Gate II, how long has it been?

Mike Mearls: It's been about 100 years since Baldur's Gate II.

Hey brain damaged turd, dont read this either. refuse! :lol:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
There's one thing I hope for with the release of this game. That it will finally spawn an adventure-making community. Larian was shipping games with world editors for quite some time. But since their games were kinda niche it never picked off.
Neverwinter Nights modules were great despite the fact that the game itself was really mediocre, but since then there was nothing that could replace it besides maybe quest mods for Bethesda games. But they were never so creative and varried as NVN ones.

There's one thing I hope for with the release of this game. That it will finally spawn an adventure-making community. Larian was shipping games with world editors for quite some time. But since their games were kinda niche it never picked off.
Neverwinter Nights modules were great despite the fact that the game itself was really mediocre, but since then there was nothing that could replace it besides maybe quest mods for Bethesda games. But they were never so creative and varried as NVN ones.

My hopes lie with the sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I doubt it'll happen even though I'd want it very much. To have a big community you need normies, and Kingmaker didn't attract much of them. Baldu's Gate is a brand name. I know many people who don't really play games at all but know BG and replayed it to death. Including one buddy of mine who quit playing games like 10 years ago, but bought Siege of Dragonspear when it came out simply because it was called Baldur's Gate.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember the characters from "Heroes of Baldur's Gate", the ones whom the creators of declared as non-canon? If I remember correctly, all of them were either:
- non-human,
- spellcasters,
- Bhaalspawn,

As if someone, for some reason, had taken into account their lifespan. Now I'm getting paranoid and starting to believe that that list was no accident.

Or you could just be attributing competence to a place where ther is only ignorance and talent-less ineptitude. ;)

Dodo1610

Arcane
They make a game that is called Baldurs Gate 3 that won't play like Baldurs Gate, won't look like Baldurs Gate and doesn't even continue the story of Baldurs Gate. - What?

So Baldurs Gate 3 is just a scheme to make people buy a 50$ book? Because you won't understand the story without it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They make a game that is called Baldurs Gate 3 that won't play like Baldurs Gate, won't look like Baldurs Gate and doesn't even continue the story of Baldurs Gate. - What?

So Baldurs Gate 3 is just a scheme to make people buy a 50$ book? Because you won't understand the story without it.
Baldur's Gate is a place.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Baldur's Gate is a place.
I thought it was a city?

I'm pretty sure it won't be necessary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom