Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do YOU want for ELEX 2?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
First person view I'd want. Not that weird optional one in Gothic3 though.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
To drop the quantity over quality approach.
To bring back a bit of the old charm, trainer dialogue when learning skills and all that jazz.
To actually have an UI, not "oh shit the game is released in an hour and we forgot about making UI, quick, fire up MS paint and improvise XD".
Most of all, to get back to good exploration and handcrafted feel, no more stuff like "two end-game enemies dropped in some random place guarding a couple of bones".
I wouldn't mind not having shit final acts, but it's PB lol.

Master

Arbiter
It's a step down from the original Gothics in every way.

It might have been a step down from Gothic 1 & 2, but it was a big step up from the Risen games.

Nothing in Elex reaches the same heights as the first two chapters of Risen 1.

Risen 2 & 3 are not good, but even those games did certain things better than Elex.

Sounds like nostalgia talking. Either that or I'm guessing you simply didn't like the setting.
Dont know about 2 and 3, but Risen 1 was just as dope as Gothic.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Better melee combat
gunplay that doesn't suck
the more detailed world with memorable locations
real cities
more than 1 female face
a slightly less generic hero
more immersion!

Master

Arbiter
I wish they would just make a smaller map. But that is never going to happen. If there is a sequel the map will automatically have to be bigger and thats it.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
More consistency as well. Elex feels like a theme park with all of its different regions.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wish they would just make a smaller map. But that is never going to happen. If there is a sequel the map will automatically have to be bigger and thats it.

Yeah, that's always what I want in my open world games.

Less of it.

:retarded:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Density > Size

Gothic 2 is heavily detailed and uses every inch of space efficiently, which makes it seem bigger than many open world games five times its size.

Last edited:

Master

Arbiter
Thats right.

G2
ABF15BDA6B18E3619062DA0AB1D07F2801FF4660

:positive:Life is a joy, an endless stream of pina colada.

G3
g22x94as1f.jpg

:negative: life is but a moment, a meaningless grain of sand...

Elex is apparently 1.25 times bigger than G3? And you can bet Elex 2 will probably be 2x bigger. But if they actually make it smaller i will salute them.

Swigen

Arbiter
More fleshed out missions for whatever faction you join. I don’t know if I effed up somewhere but it seemed like I’d run out of missions for the Outlaws until gaining enough levels to get promoted but in order to gain said levels I’d forced to pick up missions that you’d think would put me at odds with said faction. Seemed like that all over though, like “okay, I’m reporting to Sestek I guess, ok I’m shutting down the transformer he’s in, he doesn’t seem to mind. Ok I’m helping a Cleric escape outlaws now, alright I guess I’m helping the claws now”.

Reader

Scholar
I like Elex very much as it is because it pushes me out of comfort zone. Companions dont kill enemies for me(except low level ones of course), they're helping me with stuns and combo multiplier. Quests are scarce and often involve dangerous enemies, but i needed that exp desperately, so i massacred a village for berserkers, killed outlaw woman for a prostitute and did some other shit. Stats are part of this out of comfort feel because yeah, they dont give me an automatic damage increase and require several levels to influence something. And of course constant need of money and elex pushes to explore and seek for less dangerous route. I even used traveling merchant once to safely pass through part of Ignadon, I never even thought of something like that in other games.
So no, i dont want them to change anything, I'm so afraid PB will change something and thus break the whole feel.
Easier execution of jetpack attack wouldnt hurt though i guess.

Deleted Member 16721

Oh, and bigger world, make it ginormous but with the PB touch to details with tons of stuff to find throughout. And first-person view would be great. I played and completed Gothic 2 and 3 in first-person (can't remember if G1 had first-person, if so then I also used it).

Master

Arbiter
G1 had first person but you couldnt move or fight in it. It was thus just for screenshots and Morrowindfags.

Abhay

Augur
No jetpacks - Introduce the skills to enhance the character based on natural and practical movements of climbing and even adept in parkour. I enjoy working on my skills to interact with the environment more than flying a silly jetpack too convenient and easy.

Better Combat - I fail to understand why developers can't design a good combat amd melee system? Elex suffers from a mediocre combat system and needs to change in the sequel.

Speaking of missions - Less fetch quests and more creative, complex missions that are not repetitive in nature. Basically, a tighter package of quests and activities with better pacing.

Codex Year of the Donut
No jetpacks - Introduce the skills to enhance the character based on natural and practical movements of climbing and even adept in parkour. I enjoy working on my skills to interact with the environment more than flying a silly jetpack too convenient and easy.
dumbest suggestion ever

Aemar

Arcane
Immersion factor:

More people blowing their noses and pissing in the street
Greater variety of chairs to sit on and do nothing
Raise the number of different face models to at least two for each gender

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
They could keep one face for all the women for budget reasons, but make it not german. Would be an improvement as well.

Swigen

Arbiter
I wanna see wieners in hand whilst pissing. If I can see tits and bush in teh Witcher I think I can handle a peeing wiener.

PsychoFox

Educated
Character creation instead of fixed protagonist, with all the usual options.
No voiced protag.
More action recognition and reactivity.
Better voice acting.
More fluid combat animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom