Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Perkel

Arcane
The only thing wrong he did was to respond to idiots.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tragedy struck my colony today. Such a waste.

pHFn5le.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tragedy struck my colony today. Such a waste.
This game never fails to generate new and ridiculous stories. I wanted to stop getting the alerts for Haskell's illness, so I sold her to a passing livestock ship. I felt bad about it afterwards, this was her home and now she'll be waking up in a strange new place every day unable to handle it because dementia sucks. Poor little rabbit. Then a few days later, who blunders onto the map from who knows where but Haskell herself, wandering wild. I immediately retame her and restore her to a place of honor among my zoo. I mean jesus she's 10 years old, that's like twice the lifespan of a modern day hare. She deserves a loving, familiar home in these final days.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Homeward Bound: Rimworld Edition.

Those feels. Takes me back.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Of all things in RimWorld I hate sappers th most. Even plague is not that crappy because you can quarantine all your guys. But sappers start destroying your precious walls and that is the reason the most popular start in RimWorld is a mountain one, where they can't breach through rock. But build one wall and you are screwed.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When a normal day in Rimworld turns into Starship Troopers:

JQoUp8o.jpg

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

w1JSD0b.jpg

First bugs reach the defense. Didn't think it would be too bad at this moment, but some of these guys can spit acid. Quickly turned the defense into total panic.

U956rBn.png

The bugs break through after the turret explodes. One of the three friendly androids I have built get taken out.

YMVZOs3.jpg

It turns into a bloody last ditch defense. Everyone in the colony had to join in. Not pictured but the colonists stood in a line and fired their weapons for all they got.

EyJ86w0.jpg

Things turn desperate so the animals had to be unleashed. They usually just run around and carry stuff and are not used for combat.

iINwbDm.png

The last bug is bitten to death.

RX6owWX.png

Only one death, but many wounded. The doctors and medics will have a lot to do for a while. Same for the engineers that has to rebuild the defenses - and with my luck Randy will throw another raid just when I'm rebuilding :)

vazha

Arcane
Sure looks good though. I can see some sword & sorcery mods based on this.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1643167006284074400/
Colony nearly wiped out by a single rabbit
Yea I'm not kidding, because two of my people couldn't hunt, and a maddened rabbit found them, they let themselves get bit to near death before someone actually killed it (the third person) and instead of treating themselves, went to bed and died from their wounds that were still bleeding...

Suffice to say, if that was a bug or a feature I have no idea, but unless someone has a solution to colonist's not even defending themsleves, that's probably a wrap on playing rimworld.

thesecret1

Arcane
Got a pregnancy + childhood mod, kinda regret it now. Women keep getting railed and shitting out kids, and I've had to quadruple food production to keep up with the population explosion, and even so, I'm barely staving off starvation. Anticonception drugs are running out fast and I've resorted to sterilising males, but I can't bring myself to do that to the OG I started the game with. Contemplating butchering the babies for food, but it doesn't fit how I want to roleplay the game. I just wanted a possibility to start a happy family, damn it, not get ear raped every time one of the little shits gets hungry and cries.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Got a pregnancy + childhood mod, kinda regret it now. Women keep getting railed and shitting out kids, and I've had to quadruple food production to keep up with the population explosion, and even so, I'm barely staving off starvation. Anticonception drugs are running out fast and I've resorted to sterilising males, but I can't bring myself to do that to the OG I started the game with. Contemplating butchering the babies for food, but it doesn't fit how I want to roleplay the game. I just wanted a possibility to start a happy family, damn it, not get ear raped every time one of the little shits gets hungry and cries.

Africa.txt

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've always thought that a game where you were under constant pressure to expand your economy fast enough to employ an exploding population could be interesting. Basically just take Tropico, have every family have 6 kids at first, and your mission is to stay ahead of the curve and turn it into a modern developed nation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom