Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm still baffled that they considered the sales "bad" when they put so little behind it.

Actually I remember MMX was quite literally abandoned 6 months after release. They posted an announcement in the vein of "It's been a good ride guys, thank you for all the support but it's time to move on (?)..." Six months after release. Yup. Basically no patches, no nothing, "unfortunately we won't support MMX anymore." That's what they said. It was really shameful.

EDIT: and I recall the development cycle was essentially "help us make dungeons" with multi-step polls on the official forums. What do you want to play? Poll after poll after poll. Never have I seen someone so clueless.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
better they ask someone that cares than do it themselves when they are so clueless

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Elminage: Gothic is the true Wizardry 9.

Also, Wizardry Empire 2: The Ancient Princess was released 1 year after Wizardry 8, and it is a much, MUCH better game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So he wanted to bring decline to the series again?
Perhaps it's good he didn't succeed. Free movement in games such as this is a terrible idea, as M&M VI trough IX and Wizardry 8 proved.
I'm sorry what Wizardry 8 with tacticool aoe aiming and 3d levels, elevators and ropes, or Might and Magics with waterwalking, lavawalking and flight proved??

U were high when writing this or something? Too much sword saint playing does this to you?
Well great! Now I will never get Wizardry 9!

Fuck everything!!

Well yeah, I believe both were regressions of their predecessors gameplay wise. Keep blobbers tile and turn based. Hybrids come out very poorly and exploitative.
Not to mention ugly, low-poly 3d models are inferior to nice sprites.

Plus 3 characters, LOL.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Might and Magic X isn't perfect but it's very solid and was considered incline at the time. Funny how a handful of years go by and people's cynicism modes engage and now it's supposedly crap.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Might and Magic X isn't perfect but it's very solid and was considered incline at the time. Funny how a handful of years go by and people's cynicism modes engage and now it's supposedly crap.

MMX never stopped being an incline, IIRC it even got a nice place in one of the Codex polls. The only one who hates it is Roxor who couldn't get through the first act on Easy.

Zeriel

Arcane
Why would the audience still have loyalty for Might and Magic, though? The devs completely blew up the setting. Why would I be invested after they've shown that's what they're going to do with it when they get bored? And didn't that happen before Ubisoft even got hold of it?

HoMMIV wasn't terrible, but my interest in the franchise pretty much ended once the whole 'Ashan' shit began. It was bland and had none of the charm of the original setting/settings.

Yeah, NWC made the choice to blow up the setting. The games related to that definitely weren't popular, but in their defense they had done it before (MM 1-5 taking place in completely different worlds), and even 6-7 took place on different continents that might as well have been different worlds.

It was buggy af, easy and small but good for what it was - baby's first blobber.

That's funny considering most complaints here were related to the "unfair" difficulty.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D9GXqG0WkAE7JLT.jpg

Notice it says initial party of three adventurers. I read this as hirelings being full-fledged characters who participate in combat, so the total party size would have been larger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom