Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A windy story game

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
looks cool

Otay

Bramble Gate Studios Original
Developer
Damn, what a shame. Gonna have to get a controller someday, the video looks very fun.
looks cool
thx bros

I've got a wiki partially cooked up,

vMq9kL3.png

but I'm hosting it directly off my IP which is probably not ideal in terms of response time and security lolz

Otay

Developer
The wiki is live
http://realmofthetempest.com/wiki

I have dreamed of having that url one day its v exciting to actually have it suddenly. The content outlined in the wiki also really gives a feel for how the game is planned to grow through future updates.

Otay

Developer
The wiki is live

I have dreamed of having that url one day its v exciting to actually have it suddenly. The content outlined in the wiki also really gives a feel for how the game is planned to grow through future updates.
Nice! But ssl version is broken https://realmofthetempest.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

oooo i have no idea how the internet works

no clue how to fix this but thanks for bringing it up lolz

Codex Year of the Donut
The wiki is live

Nice! But ssl version is broken https://realmofthetempest.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I've been working as a programmer for years and I have zero knowledge of networking or web programming, my personal site is just a basic html page with some links :lol:

Otay

Developer
The wiki is live

I've been working as a programmer for years and I have zero knowledge of networking or web programming, my personal site is just a basic html page with some links :lol:

Iz4FxCw.png

I used to write chat bots in high school, so I know a little about that stuff, but as soon as I'm in web browser territory I'm lost as heck.

2.png

Added profile naming interface for the 1.2.0 update (I can't leave the "demo player" placeholder text if I'm calling this an alpha lolz)

Keyboard input works here for convenience, or controller input works too. Added Y-Button feature to select a random name just based on a few preset names, which is just supposed to be a convenient tool for speedrunning.

The Phi character does nothing, but later I want to either use it to swap the keyboard to special characters and numbers, or have it change the color of the player's name. I haven't implemented substring color highlighting in NPC dialog text (based on the engine I think this will be a pain, but I have an idea for how.) If I do get the substring color feature going, I'm going to highlight all the names of forbidden book, and names of NPC discussion topics, etc.

wSqAsva.png

Otay

Developer
hello, i am alive

and i have many progress pics to dump

** aiming for alpha to release on 7/7/2019 **

---

working on a waypoint area

w1.png

l3.png

l1.gif

l2.png

---

working on a cage

lamp%20cage.png

m2.png

m1.png

m3.gif

Otay

Developer
new area, just setting the atmosphere for Haxlyn

h2.png

h3.png

h4.gif

Etzland wilderness is done

lil%20theater.png

theater.png

t3t3.png

setting up effects on waypoints

portal%20effects.gif

pf.gif

connecting etzland wilderness to etzland citadel

xc1.png

xc2.png

etzland forest, if it were made out of recycled vanilla envelopes

vanilla.png

Otay

Developer
adding an item shrine that you throw weed into

vx1.png

vx2.png

xv3.png

vx3.png

vx4.png

vx5.png

vx7.gif

vx8.png

hyperbolic%20shrine%20chamber.png

vxf.gif

updated world map

wmap.jpg

outlined the work needed for the alpha release on the map itself:

wmap4.jpg

sketched a minotaur yesterday

gg.png

started coloring today

g2.png

i use vibrant colors at first, just to see better

g3.png

edited him into a rave for the lulz

ravelord%20glowsticks.gif

final form

mino1.gif

AdolfSatan

Arcane
While I keep finding your taste in fonts and glyphs questionable, boy, those environments look fantastic. Gonna have to get myself a 360 controller for that 7/7 build, don't wanna miss sinking into that world any longer.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Otay your pencil work is great, far far better than what happens when you're given a color-fill option. I think coloring on a computer hurts the quality of your work fwiw.

Otay

Developer
While I keep finding your taste in fonts and glyphs questionable, boy, those environments look fantastic. Gonna have to get myself a 360 controller for that 7/7 build, don't wanna miss sinking into that world any longer.

aiwebs_008.gif

Otay your pencil work is great, far far better than what happens when you're given a color-fill option. I think coloring on a computer hurts the quality of your work fwiw.
thanks, i appreciate the polite feedback

whats nice about this being a hobby is that theres no final release date, so nothing is set in stone. ive redone levels and npcs and dialogs the music and the entire codebase, and ill keep iterating like that as i improve.

id really like to get into the 2d art more, if i had $80k i would quit my job for a few years, and the first thing i would do is sit around drawing for a couple weeks, because its fun and i can feel myself improving

but as it is right now, i have like 3 years worth of stuff i want to do more than refine the 2d art

like most of the npcs are still placeholder men in cloak sprites lolz

Good shit.

thanks man
aiwebs_020.gif

I like the coloring, feels like a comic book
heart.png

Otay

Developer
this is how im spending my time

listening to diablo 2 audio books while looping 10 seconds of a xavier wulf kingdom hearts freestyle

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like the concept, but the GUI and all the graphical styles that clash is a turn-off. I might be able to see past that, but I don't think a lot of other people will look past that when they browse Steam and look at screenshots.

Otay

Developer
I like the concept, but the GUI and all the graphical styles that clash is a turn-off. I might be able to see past that, but I don't think a lot of other people will look past that when they browse Steam and look at screenshots.
thats okay with me man
ok_hand.png

this game will never be on steam but hopefully it will improve over time

Otay

Developer
just realized i would need a wacom tablet if i ever wanted to really color these by hand, all my art is done with keyboard/mouse tracing of pics i take from my phone of my irl art

but before i ever get one of those i should probably replace my dying mouse (keeps skipping everywhere) and my monitor (big dark triangle in the bottom right)

if you guys wanna support me to get me out of shithole land, i have a patreon https://www.patreon.com/BrambleGateStudios

Otay

Developer
1.2.0 should be coming out later today, only a few bugs and some polishing to take care of

added new enemies to the game, bone mages and oculox

Enemy_Portrait_Bone_Mage_360.gif
Enemy_Portrait_Bone_Mage_360xxxx.gif
Enemy_Portrait_Bone_Mage_360xx.gif

tuff%20gang.png

blue.gif
red.gif
green.gif

chea.png

got my first ever fan art from a young kid on discord

D-BAHpXXkAMiNJA.jpg

made some ladders, which i like more than the weird jump pad things i usually use

L1.png

etzland%20ladders.png

its starting to feel how i wanted it to, like how i felt as a kid building forts in my backyard and running around the neighborhood

coo.png

updated my shitty flag graphics from 2013

fl1.png

fl5.png

lots of cool updates planned for the future, hopefully, but i just got laid off so my life is probably falling apart for a while. im not even sure how im going to survive.

but here's some screenshots of the citadel for the 1.4.0 update, i really hope we get there one day

fl4.png

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks so damn unique. Can't wait to get a normal computer so I can try this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom