Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
halflings are just uglier gnomes, who cares

No. Not in Pathgrinder.

250px-Melindra.jpg
411pjg59eEL._SY450_.jpg

That's actually a good idea for a topic. The gnome problem. Every attempt at making gnomes interesting makes them even worse.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Has this four hour diatribe on the game been posted and discussed yet?

Not watched the whole thing, some of his UI issues and UI bugs specifically I can definitely get on board with, but I noticed an undertone I last witnessed with D:OS (original) where the game is apparently at fault if it doesn't specifically spell out what you have to do at any given time in neon letters in the journal. Downtime between major kingdom events is also likened to DA:Inquisition's gating of content behind power currency, which was somewhat curious to me given that I appreciated that free time to actually explore your growing kingdom. It's kinda unfocused and the dude sounds like he's having a breakdown at times, but there are some decent points peppered throughout. If I were a dev I'd give it a watch just to see how he misunderstands certain things.

i'm not going to watch a four hour video but there definitely were parts where i just sat in the throne room and ran kingdom upgrades to pass the calendar. pitax in particular is really bad about that, since there's not actually that much in the region to explore either.

deuxhero

Arcane
Encountered a Linnorm I knew I'd never have the slightest chance of beating (this would be a challenge if I was double my level). Was about to leave right away then I remembered stealth was a thing.
gv660o.jpg

Feels good to steal the treasure from an unwinable encounter. The value is light enough I'm pretty sure this was designed to be stolen, but still nice. This is the second time my arcane trickster got me some nice loot (after some stuff I stole from the tomb I mentioned.)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Encountered a Linnorm I knew I'd never have the slightest chance of beating (this would be a challenge if I was double my level). Was about to leave right away then I remembered stealth was a thing.
gv660o.jpg
Feels good to steal the treasure from an unwinable encounter. The value is light enough I'm pretty sure this was designed to be stolen, but still nice. This is the second time my arcane trickster got me some nice loot (after some stuff I stole from the tomb I mentioned.)
What the hell is up with the extra rods? I did that encounter just yesterday, and I sure as shit didn't get that.

The encounter is pretty easy if you've got a really good tank and buff it up and feed it fire resistance, by the way. Just keep everyone else spread out, tank and spank. Remember to finish it off with a Cold Iron weapon.
Whenever I look at that Linnorm all I can think to myself is 'they really dropped the ball on the art direction, didn't they'.
To be fair, almost all art of linnorms in Pathfinder is pretty derp. The mistake they made was not just making it a regular dragon. They should've just ignored that linnorms exist.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The rods were rime, intensified, extend, topple and one each of the elemental metamagics. Maybe one of the mods I have, but I doubt it.
That's definitely not normal. The fact that they all look identical and come in a huge bundle like that one the same spot is a dead tip-off that it's a mod. I just assumed that it was a bug at first. The only one of those that even exist in the normal game is Extend, which is what I think is normally there.

deuxhero

Arcane
Likely is a mod then. Well whichever of Eldritch Arcana, Call of the Wild, and Advanced Martial Arts adds those metamagic feats. Meh, the loot is pretty underwhelming in a vanilla game then.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Likely is a mod then. Well whichever of Eldritch Arcana, Call of the Wild, and Advanced Martial Arts adds those metamagic feats. Meh, the loot is pretty underwhelming in a vanilla game then.
Extend Rod and the Top Hat are top-notch loot from the Linnorm, tho. Note how the hat not only gives a +2 Competence to all skills and acts as a 200 lbs Bag of Holding, but also adds +200 lbs to the carry capacity of any individual character that wears it. It'll drop almost anyone from Medium or Heavy encumbrance to Light.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The rods were rime, intensified, extend, topple and one each of the elemental metamagics. Maybe one of the mods I have, but I doubt it.
I believe the Eldritch Arcana mod adds those to the loot table, though I'm not positive.

deuxhero

Arcane
The hat is rubbish unless you're running a pure Rogue, pure fighter (which are both rubbish), barbarian or maybe a slayer. It takes up the same slot as a headband which does so much more. The only people who need the capacity are armored dudes, who have high strength anyways.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Is this game good already?

Trying it again with :
  • TB mod
  • Fast Travel
  • A couple of utility mods
  • Challenging difficulty
First contact with the TB mod was bad, i thought it was worse than the RTwP combat but after fixing the settings and practicing a bit, turns out it's a very weak version of ToEE combat but an improvement from the RTwP mode.
This TB mode would be a real decline if it was made by the devs but as a mod, it does the job, it would be good if we could improve combat speed to 300% (150% only right now) and if there wasn't some lag every time someone's turn begins.

Performances improved slightly, loading times greatly, Fast Travel is a life saver.

First chapter is enjoyable, except for the Old Sycamore, trash mobs makes it a real chore but so was it in RTwP ...

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Gnomes in Arcanum > gnomes in Pathfinder.
I know,that gnomes in Arcanum looks like miniature copy of humans, but they at least succeeded in their word as rulers/merchants/bankers/factory owners/landlords and in other respected positions.

Meanwhile, gnomes in Pathfinder presented as bunch of homeless adrenaline addicts with toxic looking hair.
I even have less issue with colorful hair, than the fact that such hair isn't explained beyond "hair color present their recent experience and history" and no word what color mean which type of experience at all.
If I was one who wrote part of lore with gnomes in Pathfinder, I would bind their hair color to place where their ancestors before bleaching lived.
Example: red and black hair - their ancestors was mad enough to live near active volcano in First World
brown and green - jungles
Blu and cyan - oceans
Violet and purple - places with high concentration of magical energy (high even for First World)
And so on and so on.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The last two chapters really sucks, after you play through the whole game and finally get high enough level to try some interesting flashy build, the enemies you get to fight has 0 variety.

Also half of the time you can't even use spell in the last two chapters. And all the kingdom related thing means jackshit.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
Did they honestly not make any revisions to the Wild Hunt orgies in the House @ end of time after those surveys? Or is something still coming down the pipe on that front in the future.

Crichton

Prophet
Did they honestly not make any revisions to the Wild Hunt orgies in the House @ end of time after those surveys? Or is something still coming down the pipe on that front in the future.

They added those fucking golems.

Codex Year of the Donut
owlcat fanclub will be here soon to inform you that this is the best game ever made with zero flaws despite them never having even reached hateot

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom