Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dawn of War tournament - SEASON 2 NOW OVER

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Basic rules:

1. To play you'll need Soulstorm 1.2 at the very least (aka current Steam version). Obviously you'll want more races unlocked than just bolter bitches/dark eldar, though.
2. There will be an actual league structure with playoffs and semis. The ladder will depend on the final player count, but it will most likely be 2 top players from their playoff divisions progressing forward to the (quarter/)semi/finals. Division seeding will be done by drafting, carried out by skilled players singled out for this purpose
3. "Matches" will be resolved by way of best of 3 games. The player that wins two games against another player wins the match (and gains 1 point for playoffs). Game settings for all matches should be as follows: Annihilate, control area, take and hold victory objectives. Standard starting resources and resource rate, no cheats, insane AI difficulty.
4. You must be able to play at least 1 full match a week. However, keep in mind that Dawn of War is not that much of a time commitment, especially compared to something like Blood Bowl, so a full match will rarely take longer than an hour (although this will depend a lot on the relative skillz of the contestants). For additional considerations, read the following:

- Everyone is expected to play one game a week.
- If you can't play one game a week within reasonable constraints, you shouldn't apply. "I have two hours on one day free during the entire week when I can dow" is not a reasonable constraint.
- If such circumstances would happen that the two playaz really can't get a match going on the week of a given match day, but they can mutually agree to another date and post about it in the thread (preferably this another day is not next saturday when a match day ends on a sunday), then the match day can be extended for them.
- If one playa tries to schedule a game but the other one repeatedly fails to show up, the other guy will be considered to have forfeited. Forfeits give 0 points and count as a worse result than losing 2:0 for purposes of tiebreaking.
- If both playaz are retarded and can't arrange a game, they will both be considered to have forfeited.
- If both playaz are seemingly unable to schedule a match despite their really best intentions and attempts... let's hope that doesn't happen. But in this case I'd consider coin toss to determine the winner.
5. To prevent spergs being unable to start games due to endless "counterpicking" in lobby, you'll be limited to only 2 races for the entire tournament. 1st race you'll play in your 1st game, 2nd in 2nd game - 3rd game as you see fit (still within the same 2 races). Should this lead to mirror matches, the race orders for one of the players can be changed (because mirror matches are uncool).
6. First game map will be fixed (as in assigned randomly during league seeding). Second and third game maps will be picked by losers of the previous games.
7. Since many 1v1 maps in DOW are not very cool, the following list of halal gudmaps will apply for the entire tournament:
Battle Marshes, Blood River, Fata Morga, Frazier's Demise, Frostbite River, Meeting of Minds, Moonbase, Quest's Triumph, Shrine of Excellion, Titan's Fall, Tranquility's End
8. Remember to save all game replays so that they may be inspected if accusations of foul play arise.
9. Should multiple players be tied on a "winning position" at the end of the playoffs, the following tiebreaker rules will apply:

- If anyone has a skipped match (he didn't play one of his matches and the match day advanced without him), he is automatically disregarded from the tiebreaker,
- If still unresolved, compare all the fellows' performance against one another
- If still unresolved, the person with the most net individual victories wins (i.e. tally up the individual wins and losses for every game played; guy with the best balance goes through)
- If still unresolved, compare the performance of all the fellows against the top guy in the division,
- If still unresolved... I propose an overtime match just to break the tie, even if it's going to be a 3x or 4x FFA. Because it's so retarded we might as well do it, and it's cooler than coin toss. Winner goes through.
10. Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with using common sense.
11. To apply, provide the following information:
Steam name - timezone (in GMT format) - First race/Second race (can be changed before tournament start)

Sign-ups will be open till July 20th.

List of participants:

Codex Name | Steam Name | Timezone | Races
Darth Roxor - SORRY NOT IN SERVICE - GMT+1 - Chaos/Tau
Jaedar - Jaedar - GMT+2 - Chaos/Sisters of Battle
hello friend || ( ゚_ゝ゚) ☕7 || GMT+2 || Sisters of Battle/Dark Eldar
desocupado - deso - GMT-3 - Ork/Necron
Stormcrowfleet - Leptitbourg - GMT -4 - Imperial Guard/Space Marines
reject_666_6 - reject_666_6 - EST (GMT-4) - Ork/Tau
janior - janior123 - GMT+1 - Necron/Chaos
Nahel - Nahel - GMT +2 - Imperial Guard/Space Marines
Brotherman Bill - herostratus - GMT+2 - Eldar/Space Marines
Popiel - Lessingham - GMT+1 - Sisters of Battle/Space Marines
JRIz - lorem_ipsum - GMT+1 - Space Marines/Tau
Snorkack - Benny the Bennybarian - GMT+1 - Necron/Dark Eldar

Tournament brackets:

dowleague21.png
Maps and Matches:

dowleague22.png
Current Match Day:

Jaedar vs Deso
Roxor vs Reject
Current Standings:

Division Jaedar:

Jaedar - 5
Reject - 4
Hello Friend - 1
Janior - 2
Stormcrowfleet - 0
Nahel - 3​

Division Roxor:

Darth Roxor - 5
Desocupado - 4
Brotherman Bill - 2
Snorkack - 0
JRIz - 3
Popiel - 1​
Useful links:

1. The DOW wiki - For all your theorycrafting needs.
2. WH40Kveteran - The channel of our lord and saviour Astrohero, with pr0 replays from which you can steal 1337 strats.
3. Lexicanum - For the deep lores. Duh.

By applying to the Codex Dawn of War Tournament, you hereby agree that your User Name and Racial Preferences shall undergo data processing for the purposes of Kodex Kool Kompetitions, in compliance with the provisions of the EU regulation on data protection. Please be informed that the administrator of your data is Andhaira and you have the right to ask him to inspect or correct any of your data provided herein.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I highly recommend Eldar / Dark Eldars for beginners.

:troll:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Codex Name | Steam Name | Timezone | Races
Darth Roxor - SORRY NOT IN SERVICE - GMT+1 - idk/idk
Steam names are a shit way to give out people's info. Give the ID or embed a URL to the name directly, someone is also inevitably bound to confuse their log in name and community name. The amount of duplicate account names on Steam will make finding very many people annoying.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jaedar Jaedar GMT+2(aka euro summer time) TBD/TBD

As last time, I will pick races depending on what isn't being played by others. I have a slight preference towards SoB and Chaos right now though.

desocupado

Magister
desocupado - deso - GMT-3 - undecided/undecided

I think I'll try something like Orks/Tau or Orks/IG

v1rus

Arcane
Ill be skipping this one, sadly.

Gl, hf, and blood for the blood god bros :salute:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You people metagaming the picks by not sharing your faction picks are cunts. Wtf it's half the players.

Make a decision.

yuo see ivan, when you sperg with counterpicks before tournament, no more need to sperg in lobby

desocupado

Magister
I don't wanna counter pick anything, I'm just undecided.

Roxor should set a deadline for picking races, if that's a problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom