Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Train CMs? In what? At least they admit it's their own mistake instead of throwing the CMs under the bus, but it's sad you need to make a public thing about it before something gets done.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So the CM didn't know the company's policy on DRM so he decided on his own to say that no patches and DLCs will be released DRM-Free?
Riiiiiight. It's one thing to not know, and one thing to make up stuff when speaking for your employer. If that was the case, then they should be fired.
But what most likely happened was this:

These dudes were not supporting their GOG builds properly and now they are pretending it was just one big mistake.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Want to talk about companies not supporting their products on GOG?

Those fuckers at Asymmetric that made West of Loathing haven't yet released the Reckonin' at Gun Manor DLC on GOG yet when it's been out on Steam since February ,fuck them(And I doubt if they ever will)

Yeah,I am still butthurt about this:negative:

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ah FFS I also bought West of Loathing on GOG and started a playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Game's on pause now because of work, but I intend to return to it later.

Maybe GOG should only accept games on their platform if the devs agree to keep the game updated there?

lightbane

Arcane
Ah FFS I also bought West of Loathing on GOG and started a playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Game's on pause now because of work, but I intend to return to it later.

Maybe GOG should only accept games on their platform if the devs agree to keep the game updated there?

I wouldn't be surprised if GOG has part of their fault, seeing their shady practices they're doing lately. It makes no sense for West of Loathing's devs to not to update GOG's version, seeing that they need the money. Perhaps they wish to include both DLCs once the second one is released? There should be a second DLC in the works IIRC.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I wouldn't be surprised if GOG has part of their fault, seeing their shady practices they're doing lately. It makes no sense for West of Loathing's devs to not to update GOG's version, seeing that they need the money. Perhaps they wish to include both DLCs once the second one is released? There should be a second DLC in the works IIRC.

This is the last message from May 6th

Yeah, sorry this has taken so long. We think the DLC and main-game patch is ready, we just need to provide a few more things to GOG in order for them to be ready to provide to the public. Definitely hoping to have it done later this week!

Before that they delayed it because their programmer had gone on vacation from March 2nd

It's looking like it will be next week. Programmer just got back from vacation, and we need to update the builds for GOG with all the bug fixes we've accumulated over on Steam.

https://af.gog.com/forum/west_of_loathing/reckonin_at_gun_manor_dlc/post18?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Before that they delayed it because their programmer had gone on vacation from March 2nd

Maybe they're honestly that short of manpower? Their MMORPG game is incredibly niche and so is their actual game, to an extent. I'll give them the benefit of doubt since WoL and the DLC was awesome and worth the money.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New old game release Leo the Lion (Lew Leon), 1996 platformer made in Poland apparently: https://af.gog.com/game/leo_the_lion?as=1649904300

4ddd206adb7335e65076fd03b4f7c3faae8d64aeec6ae8f3125db461c4f7b4b5.jpg
ae0a659e74e5157b09f6146bfbbadccfec12cabde918fa64c0d28c76f3f1414b.jpg

Discover this classic action-adventure game from Poland and join Leo the Lion on his adventures full of unexpected situations, challenges, and brawls. Travel the islands of Lion’s Archipelago and help him find the stolen crown. Try to survive in the jungle, pole, in the dungeons of the magic castle, inside pyramids and on the burnt deserts. Examine the wrecks of pirate ships on the bottom of the sea, and survive the eruption of the volcano. Experience crazy adventures and rack your brains to save Leo from traps and troubles.

Game Features:
  • 12 different levels with an original art style.
  • The unique animations and hand-painted environments.
  • 80 animated enemies.
  • Various weapons to pick, depending on the level; vanquish evil foes with a sword or… fruits?
  • Challenging difficulty level.
  • Good, animated sense of humor.
  • Original music composed by Adam Skorupa.

Apparently this was published by CD Projekt back in the day?

Also coming soon page for Wrath, 3D Realms' Quake engine shooter: https://af.gog.com/game/wrath_aeon_of_ruin?as=1649904300

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
We'd like to inform you that Disney The Lion King and Disney Aladdin are being delisted from our catalog on July 9th, 2PM UTC, due to the publisher's request.

Everyone who owned the games prior to delisting will still be able to access them through their GOG Library.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Make sure that Fronzel Neekburm gets the credit he's due for starting and maintaining that list, it's bookmark-worthy.

Thanks, bro!

:bro:

But to be fair, I can't really take credit for the current iteration of the list. I called it quits after gog decided to nuke all gogmixes without bothering to let the creators know about it first. It was by pure luck I had an up-to-date txt file at hand. My thanks goes to the awesome gog community members who keep this thing going (first and foremost Omega64 who initially volunteered to take over and who is now at the forefront of the righteous battle against tinyBuild ever since one of their staffers went ahead and said that it's company policy to not update gog builds because muh piracy). It's now the community effort I always wanted it to be. Only thing is, thanks to gog nuking mixes off the games' pages, it's now more difficult for casual buyers to find out about these issues (unless you're frequenting the gog forum or have a link to the doc). So kudos to Medusa45 for spreading the word.

If any of you know about any issues that a gog game has and would like to contribute to the list, please check out the corresponding forum thread: https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...ers_as_second_class_citizens_v2?as=1649904300

I like how German games are missing the German localization.

You don't even know what you don't know. German publisher Daedalic is somewhat infamous for not providing the German language versions of their earlier games on gog. At the time, they justified this with gog having flat pricing, so they couldn't offer their more expensive regionally priced German versions on gog. Makes no bloody sense at all, but whatever... Come 2015, gog introduced regional pricing and Daedalic were among the first to jump on that bandwagon. Big time, with most of their games now being 20-30% more expensive for German users. But still the German versions were nowhere to be found on gog. This culminated in an episode where Daedalic had a rather high-profile release (Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth) and offered one of their infamously no-German-language-having older titles (Chains of Satinav - a mainstay on my 2nd class citizens list) as a pre-order bonus. German gog users were not amused and took it upon themselves to raise enough of a stink to finally get those German versions here by working their way up from clueless Deadalic support drones and receptionists, getting ping-ponged to the publisher of the German retail boxed copy and eventually having a chat with Daedalic's CEO himself. It resulted in the German-language pre-release thread for Pillars of the Earth getting hijacked by frustrated German gog users and ending up as some of the finest drama the gog forum has ever seen. It's pretty tame by Codex standards, but it's still an interesting read if you want to learn about the lengths some publishers will go to in order to bullshit their paying customers. For those of you who can speak German (or are willing to put up with some google translated gibberish), here's a link to the lunacy. Have fun!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You started this, you got the ball rolling and it's rolling fine on its own, so you deserve a Goldfist even if you're not really involved anymore. It's an essential resource for the digitally-minded consumer.

Endemic

Arcane
A bunch of small sales are on: Ubisoft (including Might & Magic series) and 2K Games, plus miscellaneous titles like Battle Brothers and Xenonauts.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
A bunch of small sales are on: Ubisoft (including Might & Magic series) and 2K Games, plus miscellaneous titles like Battle Brothers and Xenonauts.

The 2K sale is going on until the 22nd. That's very odd for gog to do a publisher sale for that long. Hopefully that might mean we have some new releases coming soon from 2K. Seeing as how 2K is one of the few big publishers sticking with gog as far as catalog releases, that certainly helps the chances. XCOM 2 or Borderlands would be just capital.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom