Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Lambach

Arcane
What are you guys talking about, the Wild Hunt orgies were piss-easy. All you had to do was create 5 mercenary Sorcerers to spam all types of metamagic'd Sirocco like it's going out of style and you're golden.

:happytrollboy:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did they honestly not make any revisions to the Wild Hunt orgies in the House @ end of time after those surveys? Or is something still coming down the pipe on that front in the future.

Probably because none of the people they ask get to the last two chapters.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What are you guys talking about, the Wild Hunt orgies were piss-easy. All you had to do was create 5 mercenary Sorcerers to spam all types of metamagic'd Sirocco like it's going out of style and you're golden.

I had Octavia do that and then rested between encounters but yes, same principle. what wonderful encounter design, thank you for saving crpgs owlcat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Meh, a single kineticist with Deadly Earth will do.
Or, you know, a single munchkin melee.

yolu

Novice
What is the end of the 'amateur cultists 'encounter? I only found them in Wicked Hill/Field but I believe there should be more.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I had Octavia do that and then rested between encounters but yes, same principle. what wonderful encounter design, thank you for saving crpgs owlcat
On what difficulty did you play at?
I didn't need to do this on Challenging. At least not all fights. I used Sirrocco (and other CC spells) only for big fights with Monarchs.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You gotta love it when you disarm a trap and the entire damn party levels up:

k7DHJ7l.png

Half the reason to go there is just to disarm that one trap.

Ruchy

Scholar
Have anyone tried the turn-based mod?
I'm doing a play through with TB mod now and I think it is the tits. It isn't perfect and slows down the fights but I think it works well and suits me fine. also makes some abilities more user friendly which opens up more tactical options.

deuxhero

Arcane
So I haven't gotten any companions aside from the ones I could have gotten from the prologue and the DLC one. I know I missed the technic league encampment and the two from there in chapter 1. Any I could have before the troll quest starts?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You will get opportunities to recruit 2 additional ones once the troll trouble starts.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So I haven't gotten any companions aside from the ones I could have gotten from the prologue and the DLC one. I know I missed the technic league encampment and the two from there in chapter 1. Any I could have before the troll quest starts?
How the fuck did you miss the technic league? Also, can't you just do it after the prologue, or does that ship actually sail? Kudos to Owlcat if so. That said, as soon as Troll Trouble starts, you can go to A Ford Across the Skunk River and Ruined Watchtower, at which point you'll be able to recruit two of the objectively best CNPCs in the game, BAM and Journognome. If you're smart and have the time, you'll go to A Ford Across the Skunk River before Troll Trouble actually starts, though, because the map changes a little bit.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yea troll troubles introduce the 2 best npcs,machine gun ranger and "let the grenades fly" gnome.
I'd argue that Nok-Nok is better, but he doesn't come into play until much, much later. Knife Masters are ridiculously obscene, and throw in some Vivisectionist and/or Slayer for good measure. Stabby stabby stab-stab.

Turuko

Learned
finished it, a little more than 100 hours
real playing time was probably less, left it idle here and there
good fucking lord the the house at the edge of time was some bullshit

the third key :x
with the exception of some rough edges i really liked it
tempted to another run, using other companions, DLCs and the TB mod but down the road
need a palate cleanser now

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yea troll troubles introduce the 2 best npcs,machine gun ranger and "let the grenades fly" gnome.
I'd argue that Nok-Nok is better, but he doesn't come into play until much, much later. Knife Masters are ridiculously obscene, and throw in some Vivisectionist and/or Slayer for good measure. Stabby stabby stab-stab.
Eh, too squishy (not only AC & HP, but more importantly Fort & Will!) . And using Enlarge to attack from 2nd row is kinda bad for a Dex based char with tiny weapons.

Codex Year of the Donut
Eh, too squishy (not only AC & HP, but more importantly Fort & Will!) . And using Enlarge to attack from 2nd row is kinda bad for a Dex based char with tiny weapons.
Level him as invulnerable rager

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Eh, too squishy (not only AC & HP, but more importantly Fort & Will!) .
I'm not going to pretend to have actually finished the game (I recently restarted in EE) but maxing Dex and buffing properly is one of the best ways to get high AC, and he should be fine - or at least as fine as anyone that isn't a dedicated tank can be. In my last game, Nok-Nok actually ended up having higher AC than almost everyone else other than Valerie.
And using Enlarge to attack from 2nd row is kinda bad for a Dex based char with tiny weapons.
Unless something is fucky in PF:K, a Small character would not get a 10ft reach when using Enlarge anyway, because they'd just go from Small to Medium, and the damage dice of the weapons are near-irrelevant anyway, since sneak attacks do not depend on it. You'd probably be better off with actually making yourself Tiny, since it'd give you +1 to Attack and AC, as well as +2 Dex.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm not going to pretend to have actually finished the game (I recently restarted in EE) but maxing Dex and buffing properly is one of the best ways to get high AC, and he should be fine - or at least as fine as anyone that isn't a dedicated tank can be. In my last game, Nok-Nok actually ended up having higher AC than almost everyone else other than Valerie.
And using Enlarge to attack from 2nd row is kinda bad for a Dex based char with tiny weapons.
Unless something is fucky in PF:K, a Small character would not get a 10ft reach when using Enlarge anyway, because they'd just go from Small to Medium, and the damage dice of the weapons are near-irrelevant anyway, since sneak attacks do not depend on it. You'd probably be better off with actually making yourself Tiny, since it'd give you +1 to Attack and AC, as well as +2 Dex.
His AC gets decent but his will save is unsaveable. I even took will save feats and he still failed most confusion saves in last chapters on challenging. On hard he is probably useless.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
His AC gets decent but his will save is unsaveable. I even took will save feats and he still failed most confusion saves in last chapters on challenging. On hard he is probably useless.
If Confusion in particular is a major issue, just pick up Focusing Attack - Confused. The second he gets his first sneak attack on anyone, the Confusion will be gone. Putting an Extended Spell Resistance on him for major fights should also work... ok-ish?
Cast Cleric's level 8 aura spell.
Or that. It doesn't last very long, though, and you don't get it until level 15.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You do not get confused often until level 15 either. It's mostly Knurly Witch & Jabberwocks ability.

There's also level 1 Unbreakable heart spell, although I don't know if it is fixed yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom