Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Xbox360 - final verdict

Source on the Demon's Souls remaster?

My badl, I just remembered it wrong. There was a bunch of noisy articles few months ago and that's all. For now it's not happeing.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
America%27sArmyTrueSoldiers%28Full%29.jpg
Banjo-Kazooie_Nuts_%26_Bolts_Game_Cover.jpg
BombActZerobox.jpg
Destroy_All_Humans%21_Path_of_the_Furon_cover.jpg
FuzionFrenzy2Cover.jpg
Perfect_Dark_Zero_Coverart.png
Too_Human.jpg

More here (unmark everything except "Full", look at the Retail column only): https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-360
It's not perfect, though, and it's a bit outdated... And I see they are missing one actually good game for some reason: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

I would also include Kameo, which is a tough game to describe. It's a Rare game that combines arcadey hack and slash combat with platforming, collectibles, Zelda-ish dungeons, Zelda-ish sidequests, and a hub-based open world. You play an 11-way polymorph fairy chick and go on a big ole adventure.

Historically it's a bit interesting; Kameo was supposed show off the console's power, because the big open map between zones is chock full of endless enemies to massacre. Reviews were lukewarm if I remember correctly, but I think that's a bit harsh. The game is unique.
Haven't played it since it came out, but fond memories.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Not exclusives, but games which I had some real good times with on the 360 and I still have in my collection today to return to.........

images

91IxILw%2BM5L._SY445_.jpg

51oMsNdl99L._SY445_.jpg

81hilUhwsJL._SY445_.jpg

p1_2352997_39ac7e19.jpg

513DhuKIToL._SY445_.jpg

!!d-3ZjQEGM~$(KGrHqYOKpIEy+jCzob0BM8nr8v+!w~~_12.JPG

51koejh4C7L._SY445_.jpg

220px-Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG

81OrWG8BDOL._SY445_.jpg

91tsHGDkZFL._SY445_.jpg

51J41PdVTkL.jpg

71vbhcflNyL._SY445_.jpg

61DC1P53CPL._SY445_.jpg

cover_4-250x350.jpg

91G46JYjSpL._SY445_.jpg

91sOz3yf1zL._SY445_.jpg

91zYtFvozlL._SY445_.jpg

91L%2BHoARTJL._AC_SX215_.jpg

91vDVOVt0RL._SL1500_.jpg

51kch8xjNXL._SY445_.jpg

91zMp1N3cCL._SY445_.jpg

images

91RhEYL04WL._SL1500_.jpg

81iSSwlDPsL._SL1500___31620.1508557276.jpg

s-l300.jpg

81sSHxbUBuL._SY445_.jpg

91IKa%2BAxYhL._SY445_.jpg

51k57ulrlEL.jpg

51O1iUpKx6L._SY445_.jpg

51VNTuMYqAL._SY445_.jpg

51UBw6%2B%2BIwL._SY445_.jpg

51VF6AA6DBL._SY445_.jpg

91287iMiZcL._SY445_.jpg

That's a pretty big list there, and there's a lot of lengthy 30+ hours games in there too.

I genuinely can't think of many other consoles which have provided that amount of thrive-time

I genuinely can't think of many other consoles which have provided that amount of thrive-time

PS3? Library wise both consoles seem too similar to each other, is Xbox360 providing overall better experience of the same games? Better pad? Better multiplats? Lower hardware failure rate? Better anything?

Falksi

Arcane

PS3? Library wise both consoles seem too similar to each other, is Xbox360 providing overall better experience of the same games? Better pad? Better multiplats? Lower hardware failure rate? Better anything?

Definitely a better pad, for me it was a more reliable system too. Still have it, never 1 thing wrong with it in around 10 years. Had 2 PS3's die on me. Luck of the draw I guess.

Squid

Arbiter
I only buy fighting games (cuz the PC used to BSOD with controllers, fixed that though) and console exclusives ever since building my first gaming PC.

Falksi

Arcane
Got a PC. Enjoy it just as much. Horses for courses.

Yeah, Xcom, Farcry and Deus Ex are real "I could play this on PC but I'll play it on console instead" games. Sure.

Who's saying I didn't play them on PC too? I do. It's just what mood I'm in & how I fancy playing them.

Sometimes is in the office on the PC, sometimes it's in the front room with my feet up. Each has it's place.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The final verdict is Xbox 360 is crap, PS3 offers way wider selection of interesting games in any genre. Microsoft fucked up with the first versions of Xbox 360 on retail market just to make sure they'd slam dunk a defective product (their cooling WAS shit) by the year 2005, just to be one year ahead of Sony and Intel/AMD/Nvidia. Dick move towards customers.

Lost Oddysey is a poor weebs Planescape: Torment.

Falksi

Arcane
The final verdict is Xbox 360 is crap, PS3 offers way wider selection of interesting games in any genre.

Lost Oddysey is a poor weebs Planescape: Torment.

I wasn't struck on certain elements of Lost Oddysey (mostly the total emo-fag of a main protagonist), but I've gotta say, I think that it absolutely nails the JRPG format perfectly.

It's as if they've been honing the formula for years to make that game. It just gets so much right.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I wasn't struck on certain elements of Lost Oddysey (mostly the total emo-fag of a main protagonist), but I've gotta say, I think that it absolutely nails the JRPG format perfectly.

It's as if they've been honing the formula for years to make that game. It just gets so much right.
Maybe it's the format that is unsuitable for a game like this?

The Decline

Arcane

Yeah, Xcom, Farcry and Deus Ex are real "I could play this on PC but I'll play it on console instead" games. Sure.

Who's saying I didn't play them on PC too? I do. It's just what mood I'm in & how I fancy playing them.

Sometimes is in the office on the PC, sometimes it's in the front room with my feet up. Each has it's place.

That's why you build a pc for home theater use.

Falksi

Arcane

That's why you build a pc for home theater use.

Not if you enjoy a change it's not.

I like redheads, my missus is a redhead. But my mistress is a blonde. Doesn't mean I prefer blondes when I'm fucking her, just means it's nice to fuck something different now & then. Same for gaming.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I always thought X Box (and sequels) was a crippled PC.

Never bought one. Never had any interest in its one or two exclusive games.

Microsoft money grab from the start.

Zep--

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well it's from 2005, and for that specific year, it was loaded with hi-end PC equipment, 3c/6t PowerPC CPU and first GPU that has unified shader cores and dedicated framebuffer that enables quality anti-aliasing. But it was an unfinished product that should've taken another year for redesigning. The DVD drive was laughable and gets worned out before GPU and CPU fries, no HDD and reliance on memory cards on cheaper versions, no HDMI, all this already cripples Xbox too much.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

It was always a "bring PC games to people who refuse to game on PC" machine, right from the start. Halo, Fable and Morrowind brought PC style FPS and Western RPG games to consoles, dumbed them down and made them work good enough, and changed the industry. They've been focused on the same shit ever since for the most part, only now they don't do exclusives anymore so there's really zero reason for a PC gamer to get one.

Squid

Arbiter
I only buy fighting games

W-why?
Because they get better treatment on consoles and my controller used to BSOD my PC until like two weeks ago. Between Windows and a driver manager program, my USB drivers were 2 years out of date and I finally checked what was causing the BSOD and found the driver for it and installed it. Simple but you'd think program meant to keep your shit up to date would do so.

If you're asking why I play fighting games the answer is I like some of them? I don't just play cRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom