Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #62: Version 1.1.0.5 Beta

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

With the release of the Expedition expansion fast approaching, Stygian have released a new experimental beta update for Underrail to test the new features that will be added to the game alongside it. These include a long-desired speedup functionality as well as various quality-of-life and cosmetic tweaks. The latest development update announces the news:

Hi guys,

In preparation of the expansion release, we're releasing a new version of the base game (on which the current testing version is running on) to make sure that no major breaking bugs have been introduced.

To play experimental branch on Steam, you right click the game in your library and go to "Betas" tab. To do so on GOG, you select the game and choose More->Settings. Make sure you don't override all your live version saves just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Here are the patch notes:

General
  • Added the ability to speed up the game while out of combat
  • Added achievements to the GOG Galaxy version
Nice Things
  • Containers that you opened once will now have darker labels
  • Organic enemies that die while burning will now be smoking and appear charred
  • HE grenades and some other explosions will leave temporary marks on the ground
  • Gas clouds will now fade in/out
  • New barrels
That's it. Let us know how you like the changes.
Read the full update for details about the changes made to the game's feats, mechanics and items, plus the usual raft of bugfixes. Two more weeks!

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't remember having any problems with the walking speed, but it's a common complaint and not adressing it with an optional speedup option would have been a mistake.

I can't say if Pillars of Eternity would have been annoying without the fast mode option, but it's certainly a nice option to have.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wooh! Speedup and slightly gorier deaths. I like it.
I guess it would have been best to have it like in FO with weapon-specific deaths (IE getting torn to shreds by minigun, blown to bits by rockets, etc) but this is a good start :D

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
General
  • Added the ability to speed up the game while out of combat

Styg you beautiful motherfucker. You bring the incline.

I salute you, good sir.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I gotta ask, what resolution do you guys play at ? what's the ideal?

I think 1600ish gets really blurry on my 1440p inch screen. playing at 1440p things are too small.

what's the sweet spot?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
on 1080p I play at 1600x900 and its fine. So maybe one step down for you? 1360x768 or 1280x720 should be fine. Oh and let the gfx card handle the scaling, not sure if that helps.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess whiners won

Why what's wrong with having QoL features? (coming from someone who thinks Grimoire's UI is fine)
Because it changes the game. It matters little for people that just play games and never talk to anyone. But for us that come here and share game experience, it is widely different game if you need to go slow and explore or zoom zoom around the gameworld like you got your rocket shoes on.
But it also changes the game and the feel of it. It changes your decisions. For example if you are overloaded you are more likely to explore more since the penalty for slow walking is now lessened. And there are more like these.

Just like how I hated speed up option of PoE (someone else brought it up) compared to Bg1 where you took it nice and slow. Although I did use it a lot in the 2nd part of the game where I no longer liked the game and just wanted to be done with it :D

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
Because it changes the game. It matters little for people that just play games and never talk to anyone. But for us that come here and share game experience, it is widely different game if you need to go slow and explore or zoom zoom around the gameworld like you got your rocket shoes on.
But it also changes the game and the feel of it. It changes your decisions. For example if you are overloaded you are more likely to explore more since the penalty for slow walking is now lessened. And there are more like these.

Just like how I hated speed up option of PoE (someone else brought it up) compared to Bg1 where you took it nice and slow. Although I did use it a lot in the 2nd part of the game where I no longer liked the game and just wanted to be done with it :D

Should of added in jet skates for shoes for fast traveling similar to megaman legends. Underrail already pretty wacky setting they fit in perfectly also with the jet skis. https://youtu.be/rcl7PIgPhDE

epeli

Arcane
For example if you are overloaded you are more likely to explore more since the penalty for slow walking is now lessened
unknown.png
a6aOfWu.png

zntznt

Novice
Rocket boots, hm. I'll love that to breeze through parts of the game I've already seen time and time again.

I mean, you can already set speeds in combat to 1000%, so this much should be natural. It's all optional, to suit different people. The nature of choices leaves options you yourself wouldn't pick, but that shouldn't be of personal concern.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom