Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog's Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights console ports

mindfields

Learned
3. "Hi! I'm a tranny!"
If she hide this from you until you romanced her then all the incels would be crying about being deceived by the dickgirl, they can't win.

The GOG version of Icewindale 2 runs perfeclty on windows 10
Then fix this for me:
jLIxc6X.jpg

Cael

Arcane
3. "Hi! I'm a tranny!"
If she hide this from you until you romanced her then all the incels would be crying about being deceived by the dickgirl, they can't win.
Then, perhaps they shouldn't put in things that wasn't there in the first place, nor required for the game's plot. Shooting yourself in the foot is not an excuse to ban guns. Grow a brain instead.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I honestly don't get the intense hatred Beamdog gets here, if anything it's good that the IE games and NWN are assured to have indefinite support for bug fixing and for future Windows versions. Just look at IWD2, the only IE game not to get an EE, it's a real pain to get working on Windows 10, the game doesn't even run unless you get rid of some dll file, and even then the fog of war is fucked and I have not found a single fix that works (sprite dithering does not fix it).

The fact is, Bdog has the source codes, so despite their faults their Enhanced Editions are always gonna be superior to fan mods because they can change pretty much anything while mods are always reliant on hacks and other shit.

Also Neera is a pretty good waifu.

Not only that, but thanks to Beamdog, i can play NWN, BG, BG2 and other games on Linux, without wine.

About IWD2, the game just crashes on M$ win 10, but i run easily on Linux with POL. Yes, Beamdog could actually ENHANCE the game. On NWN1, they could "unhardcode" spell books, allow pale masters to get +caster level, make conjuration and necromancy like on pnp(no only one summon BS), implement newer classes like Warlock, but no.... I only purchased NWN:EE to be able to play on Linux without wine and hoping new modules.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Does this mean they're going to make the PC versions full controller support? Not reading the entire thread to find out.

I don't know. But why you wanna play with controller support an game that was designed to be played on M&K&?

I purchased NWN1:EE for my Android and could't play. Touch screen is awful.
It's wholly better if they somehow make it good. Too clunky to lie down and play with a M&K. Liked DA: O's setup with controller. Was pretty damn great, actually. Probably could work with high sensitivity, automatic pause, and using some buttons for automatic item highlights. Off the top of my head, only real buttons I remember using when playing.

I never tried touchscreen. Playing on a tablet/smartphone sounds horrible regardless.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never encountered the tranny character(or I did and didn't see the line saying they were) in SoD

The priestess of tempus in the camp in SOD tells you that she used to be a man after finishing the quest.
Ask about her name when you meet her.

This was changed in a patch last year, now it's supposed to happen after her quest.

More details there: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...e-of-dragonspear.107891/page-177#post-5753301

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I honestly don't get the intense hatred Beamdog gets here, if anything it's good that the IE games and NWN are assured to have indefinite support for bug fixing and for future Windows versions. Just look at IWD2, the only IE game not to get an EE, it's a real pain to get working on Windows 10, the game doesn't even run unless you get rid of some dll file, and even then the fog of war is fucked and I have not found a single fix that works (sprite dithering does not fix it).

The fact is, Bdog has the source codes, so despite their faults their Enhanced Editions are always gonna be superior to fan mods because they can change pretty much anything while mods are always reliant on hacks and other shit.

Also Neera is a pretty good waifu.

Not only that, but thanks to Beamdog, i can play NWN, BG, BG2 and other games on Linux, without wine.

About IWD2, the game just crashes on M$ win 10, but i run easily on Linux with POL. Yes, Beamdog could actually ENHANCE the game. On NWN1, they could "unhardcode" spell books, allow pale masters to get +caster level, make conjuration and necromancy like on pnp(no only one summon BS), implement newer classes like Warlock, but no.... I only purchased NWN:EE to be able to play on Linux without wine and hoping new modules.
Daggerford EE is cool and imo its cool that Ossian finally gets to get paid for their work on it

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
3. "Hi! I'm a tranny!"

The GOG version of Icewindale 2 runs perfeclty on windows 10
Then fix this for me:
jLIxc6X.jpg

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Check admin rights option and under the DirectX tab, check compensate flip emulation. Done. In some weird cases, you may have to start the game TWICE.

Ironically, this thing seems to work better in Windows 10 than in Windows 7. In Windows 7, even with DxWnd, i get some annoying wobbling when the screen moves. This goes for Aqrit's ddwrapper as well. The latter doesn't work on Windows 10 but DxWnd actually works and without the wobbling, so that it's better for me to play this in Windows 10 than Windows 7.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
You can also try dgvoodoo or wined3d, which map software things to hardware rendering and as such often fix legacy graphical problems. dgvoodoo in particular has a lot of options to mess around and is a very powerful tool.

e: I will say that beamdog adding stuff like zoom and other features is definitely nice and does make the games more accessible to new audiences. Like obviously I know how to fix this stuff because I play a lot of old games, but I understand the value of a way for people to play stuff that doesn't involve messing around with wrappers and dxwnd and so on

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
I never encountered the tranny character(or I did and didn't see the line saying they were) in SoD

The priestess of tempus in the camp in SOD tells you that she used to be a man after finishing the quest.
Ask about her name when you meet her.

This was changed in a patch last year, now it's supposed to happen after her quest.

More details there: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...e-of-dragonspear.107891/page-177#post-5753301
Irrelevant. It will always be remembered as "Hi! I'm a tranny!" because that was what it was before the patch. That one phrase neatly shows how atrocious cuckdog is. As programmers, as writers, as leechers, as narrators, as sjw fuckheads.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Did anyone ever bother making a mod that removes all of Beamdog's oc trash from BG 1 and 2?
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58322-mod-disable-enhanced-edition-npcs/

It doesn't remove new cutscenes, kits and mechanics added to BG from BG 2. Waste of time, you better just mod originals.
There are mods that put the original cutscenes back. I played my EET trilogy with the original cinematics.

Did anyone ever bother making a mod that removes all of Beamdog's oc trash from BG 1 and 2?

It doesn't remove new cutscenes, kits and mechanics added to BG from BG 2. Waste of time, you better just mod originals.
There are mods that put the original cutscenes back. I played my EET trilogy with the original cinematics.

So moding Beamdog abominations takes as much time and effort as would moding the originals took?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

So moding Beamdog abominations takes as much time and effort as would moding the originals took?
I just used the EE-mod setup tool, picked the mods I wanted and it did all the work for me.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

It is actually quite easy. You can use https://baldursextendedworld.com/Install-Tool/ this tool and select all the mods you want, which it then automatically downloads and installs. Also handles combining all the BG games if you want that, etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom