Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

norolim

Arcane
When you press a button, something awesome has to happen. Button Awesome, connected now in Cyberpunk 2077!

Zer0wing

Cipher
With this music beat his speech sounds even more "button awesome". Also, trve slav mark - he pronounces the number 2077 as two-thousand_77 as opposed to westerners who say twenty_77. It is how in most slavic languages four digit numbers that represent a year are pronounced.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would've been much more interested in their cars if he had said the CP2020 driving skills were in.

Cars and radio.... Yeah, they're there, but who gives a fuck beyond that.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
With this music beat his speech sounds even more "button awesome". Also, trve slav mark - he pronounces the number 2077 as two-thousand_77 as opposed to westerners who say twenty_77. It is how in most slavic languages four digit numbers that represent a year are pronounced.

Didn't know that the French and Germans are Slavs.

Quillon

Arcane
I always wished GTAs were RPGs; it always seemed like waste of detailed cities to have only linear stories...then they also thought the same and added online shit :P

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

You mean two thousand seventy seven, right?

S.torch

Arbiter
If Cyberpunk 2077 puts a radio in the game is a GTA clone.
If Fallout New Vegas puts a radio in the game is RPG masterpiece.

Ok I guess.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
This is what happens with triple-A development. The RPG elements are gradually stripped out/abandoned.
Depends when the game was made, at some point RPG elements were everywhere tacked on to most ridiculous games, now they're being stripped. It's not about RPG, it's about what is actually most popular.
Well that's true, but I was talking about triple-A RPGs, rather than triple-A games generally that are having RPG elements tacked onto them. But yeah, you're right that a lot of non-RPG games have been having RPG stuff tacked onto them.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
cyberpunk-2077-4k-renders

He did the soundtrack for the 2012 Dredd movie.

He's music is completely generic & unoriginal. But I guess it's befitting, since he's mostly known for his work on reheated titles - Dredd 2012, BF Hardline, Dawn Of War 3...

Van-d-all

Erudite
Dredd 2012 was awesome though
Decent enough, but it was mostly Raid 2011 re-imagined for western audiences with some legacy branding. The music was completely forgettable though, and I'd really like them to get someone with more distinctive sound for CP2077 like Ed Harrison (NeoTokyo) or FlybyNo (Event0, Endless Space) but I guess they're really going for that generic electric guitar hard rock sound. Same goes for the Swedish screamo shit supposed to play Silverhand songs - should have been some dirty grungy stuff, as imagined in the '90s. Stuff capable of moving masses to riot in a true rockerboy spirit, not something that sounds like soyboy whining about his dead axolotl.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Dredd 2012 was awesome though
Decent enough, but it was mostly Raid 2011 re-imagined for western audiences with some legacy branding. The music was completely forgettable though, and I'd really like them to get someone better for CP2077.
Hmm, I thought it was ok, but I admit a lot of it wasn't exactly memorable. I thought some of the slo-mo scenes had pretty good score.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Hmm, I thought it was ok, but I admit a lot of it wasn't exactly memorable. I thought some of the slo-mo scenes had pretty good score.
I'm talking about cost effectiveness. Leonard-Morgan is fairly high profile, yet virtually unknown, so he's probably charging quite a penny while not actually contributing much quality or recognizability.

Gerrard

Arcane
Speaking of which, is it only me who's been thinking all this time that they picked the worst possible year? "Twenty seventy seven" just rolls off your tongue.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Speaking of which, is it only me who's been thinking all this time that they picked the worst possible year? "Twenty seventy seven" just rolls off your tongue.
For more edge, they've doubled on sevens. The number 7 is one of the first that comes off as comepletely random for human mind. It wasn't meant to be convenient for pronounciation but for written text, cover art, promotional materials. Because it looks more edgy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom