Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Putting an Extended Spell Resistance on him for major fights should also work... ok-ish?

That's actually a pretty good suggestion. Not that I'm gonna waste such valuable spell slots on him.
And no, confused isn't the only issue. He tends to bend over any time any sort of caster looks funny his way. Remeber it's not only Will, but also Fort!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Putting an Extended Spell Resistance on him for major fights should also work... ok-ish?

That's actually a pretty good suggestion. Not that I'm gonna waste such valuable spell slots on him.
And no, confused isn't the only issue. He tends to bend over any time any sort of caster looks funny his way. Remeber it's not only Will, but also Fort!
SR does not work vs Jabberwork ability.
Shadenuat that spell never worked and I don't remember seeing it fixed in patch notes.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And today in "Things I feel really stupid for not thinking about earlier", I just realized that there's sunlight coming through the ceiling at Kargadd's, and you can lure him into it:

8eH9h1G.png

I must've done this fight 5 or 6 times earlier, if not more, and this was the first time I made this connection. I've just beaten the shit out him without thinking, all the other times.

Edit: It also works on his kids. :cool:

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
So I haven't gotten any companions aside from the ones I could have gotten from the prologue and the DLC one. I know I missed the technic league encampment and the two from there in chapter 1. Any I could have before the troll quest starts?
How the fuck did you miss the technic league? Also, can't you just do it after the prologue, or does that ship actually sail? Kudos to Owlcat if so. That said, as soon as Troll Trouble starts, you can go to A Ford Across the Skunk River and Ruined Watchtower, at which point you'll be able to recruit two of the objectively best CNPCs in the game, BAM and Journognome. If you're smart and have the time, you'll go to A Ford Across the Skunk River before Troll Trouble actually starts, though, because the map changes a little bit.

I never got the random encounter when I was in a shape remotely able to fight them and missed them on the overworld.

Riel

Arcane
Have anyone tried the turn-based mod?
I'm doing a play through with TB mod now and I think it is the tits. It isn't perfect and slows down the fights but I think it works well and suits me fine. also makes some abilities more user friendly which opens up more tactical options.

You can toggle the mod any time with no bad consequences, even mid combat. Just press CTRL + F10 and do it.

Riel

Arcane
So I haven't gotten any companions aside from the ones I could have gotten from the prologue and the DLC one. I know I missed the technic league encampment and the two from there in chapter 1. Any I could have before the troll quest starts?
How the fuck did you miss the technic league? Also, can't you just do it after the prologue, or does that ship actually sail? Kudos to Owlcat if so. That said, as soon as Troll Trouble starts, you can go to A Ford Across the Skunk River and Ruined Watchtower, at which point you'll be able to recruit two of the objectively best CNPCs in the game, BAM and Journognome. If you're smart and have the time, you'll go to A Ford Across the Skunk River before Troll Trouble actually starts, though, because the map changes a little bit.

I never got the random encounter when I was in a shape remotely able to fight them and missed them on the overworld.

You are supposed to lose that fight, yeah I know the notion you can lose a fight in a cRPG is counter intuitive but there's a few situations where you actually can, mostly related to companion quests.

You can win that fight, quite easily if you have a proper party, but not much will change.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
the tb mod is more or less the only reason i bothered going all the way to the end.

Eh, too squishy (not only AC & HP, but more importantly Fort & Will!) .
I'm not going to pretend to have actually finished the game (I recently restarted in EE) but maxing Dex and buffing properly is one of the best ways to get high AC, and he should be fine - or at least as fine as anyone that isn't a dedicated tank can be. In my last game, Nok-Nok actually ended up having higher AC than almost everyone else other than Valerie.
And using Enlarge to attack from 2nd row is kinda bad for a Dex based char with tiny weapons.
Unless something is fucky in PF:K, a Small character would not get a 10ft reach when using Enlarge anyway, because they'd just go from Small to Medium, and the damage dice of the weapons are near-irrelevant anyway, since sneak attacks do not depend on it. You'd probably be better off with actually making yourself Tiny, since it'd give you +1 to Attack and AC, as well as +2 Dex.
His AC gets decent but his will save is unsaveable. I even took will save feats and he still failed most confusion saves in last chapters on challenging. On hard he is probably useless.

I gave him a diadem, too. +6 wisdom plus the will save feats, and testing it he could indeed make wild hunt will saves.... on normal. above that you're basically gambling against the odds

e: winning the technic league fight i think makes it harder to find the camp, so it might actually be preferable to lose

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
Have anyone tried the turn-based mod?
I'm doing a play through with TB mod now and I think it is the tits. It isn't perfect and slows down the fights but I think it works well and suits me fine. also makes some abilities more user friendly which opens up more tactical options.

You can toggle the mod any time with no bad consequences, even mid combat. Just press CTRL + F10 and do it.
there's a hotkey to toggle turn-based. by default it's alt-t but you can remap it in the mod options menu, along with end turn and some other things (like speeding up combat, which i reccommend)

deuxhero

Arcane

You are supposed to lose that fight, yeah I know the notion you can lose a fight in a cRPG is counter intuitive but there's a few situations where you actually can, mostly related to companion quests.

You can win that fight, quite easily if you have a proper party, but not much will change.

I came close enough the one time I got it and wasn't totally spent. Figured I'd beat it next level but I never rolled it after that.

Darkforge

Augur
Why are none of you cretins talking about the clearly superior Turn based mod? Fucking easily saved this dumpster fire for me, and now I am quite enjoying it. its also way better than dead-fires official TB mode.

I stand corrected, Agesilaus. Yes install it, and stop being so melodramatic... (literally takes two minutes)
The thing is, there are so many trash mobs(most of them includes dozens of enemies), it takes forever to explore a map with turn base mod on.

Even with RTwP I feel like half of the big maps are a chore to explore. Every 5 steps there are some wolves or pigs you need to kill.

You realize the mod has a hotkey to toggle on RTWP right? Fixes the trash mob problem as much as it can be.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You get a hint from the stone troll at the Lone House but then again the game throws trolls in direct sunlight at you in random encounters so it sends mixed signals there.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wow that is a nice find with that troll lol. I done that fight 6+ times and never knew about it LOL .
Now that we are talking about hidden stuff, how many of you figured out the herbs in a chest thing by yourself?
And how many of you figured out it works with two chests in the game, not just the one?

Use spoiler if you plan to reveal exactly what I am talking about, let those that don't know it figure it out themselves :D

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
About herb thing
In early versions Niryssa was giving hint about it, saying that fey often use this trick and it was easier to figure out. Option to ask her about druid note disappeared around 1.1 and I have never seen it again.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
Honestly, I felt that with the turn-based mod animations turned up really fast combat ended up not taking that long. You can lead off with charge on every melee character, for example, which is often enough to destroy kobolds and other trash mobs instantly. Later on, just cast spells on them

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Honestly, I felt that with the turn-based mod animations turned up really fast combat ended up not taking that long. You can lead off with charge on every melee character, for example, which is often enough to destroy kobolds and other trash mobs instantly. Later on, just cast spells on them

Only problem is my team looks like Angela Merkel attending a public event ...

Second problem being : "i can't turn off the fucking weather", who the fucking hell designed that shit ?

It's playable, even enjoyable but there is quite a list of serious flaws, even after one year of patches and fixes ...

neilsouth

Augur
finished it, a little more than 100 hours
real playing time was probably less, left it idle here and there
good fucking lord the the house at the edge of time was some bullshit

the third key :x
with the exception of some rough edges i really liked it
tempted to another run, using other companions, DLCs and the TB mod but down the road
need a palate cleanser now

Although I had no interest in the City Building/running aspect as it was just becoming tedious, I was really enjoying this game up until the screaming chapter ( Towards final, house of edge of time ). Swapping between different world states with the latern, and having to be in the right places is almost pointing me towards the uninstall give up option.... L

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
And today in "Things I feel really stupid for not thinking about earlier", I just realized that there's sunlight coming through the ceiling at Kargadd's, and you can lure him into it:

8eH9h1G.png

I must've done this fight 5 or 6 times earlier, if not more, and this was the first time I made this connection. I've just beaten the shit out him without thinking, all the other times.

they have to awkwardly justify it by saying his kind of troll is specially weak to sunlight, since you fight lots of trolls in the sunlight already with zero harm to them

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wow that is a nice find with that troll lol. I done that fight 6+ times and never knew about it LOL .
Now that we are talking about hidden stuff, how many of you figured out the herbs in a chest thing by yourself?
And how many of you figured out it works with two chests in the game, not just the one?

Use spoiler if you plan to reveal exactly what I am talking about, let those that don't know it figure it out themselves :D

There was a book/journal from the druid in the abandoned hut zone that hinted about the herb thing. I did actually find the second chest the first time through too... saw the empty chest next to the body of the druid, thought hmm... and was really pleasantly surprised to find they'd thought to carry it forward.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

8eH9h1G.png

they have to awkwardly justify it by saying his kind of troll is specially weak to sunlight, since you fight lots of trolls in the sunlight already with zero harm to them
It's not really awkward at all - he's explicitly a rock troll, and by the time you even hear of him, it's established that rock trolls are a thing. The only thing that is weird about it is that him and his children are seemingly the only rock trolls you fight in the game, even in the troll keep.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
the House might be the shittiest most tedious gimmick for a dungeon that there's ever been

The mist part of the house needs to be gutted.

I'm at this part now, feel like giving up... It isn't fun, what the devs thinking with this?
What, do you not enjoy wandering around two identical copies of a boring house full of copy-pasted fights looking for invisible cutscene triggers? What a casual :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom