Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodnet portrait collection project - help needed

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am making a picture (to hang on my wall) with all the characters you encounter in the game and I want to write their name under their portrait using the original fonts.

Because I didn't found Bloodnet's fonts anywhere, I've recreated them using an online font creator which saves a .ttf file.
After finishing writing in the text box in MS Paint, the letters take a smoothing effect, they're not sharp anymore.
What do I have to do for this to not happen?

Untitled555.png

Also does anyone have the Bloodnet world map original picture from the game or can be ripped out?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
MS paint is a very basic tool for doing what you want. I don't think it has text filtering options, but I could be mistaken, I haven't used it in ages.

I would advise to use Photoshop. IIRC the CS2 version was free and it's a great tool all around. PS has options on how to filter text.

As for the map, I created it for my LP simply by using screenshots:

QD0t2dj.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
MS paint is a very basic tool for doing what you want. I don't think it has text filtering options, but I could be mistaken, I haven't used it in ages.

I would advise to use Photoshop. IIRC the CS2 version was free and it's a great tool all around. PS has options on how to filter text.

QD0t2dj.jpg

11-Untitled.png

work in progress :)

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

QD0t2dj.jpg

This looks dope.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Does anyone have some saves with all the locations accessible on the world map?
And the game is the CD-ROm version? (this version has extra art)

deama

Prophet
If you want, I can try to upscale images so they become a higher resolution (using various different AI software). Can you upload a .zip file with some test images for me to try? Imgur will compress the images so it'd have to be a .zip file.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
If you want, I can try to upscale images so they become a higher resolution (using various different AI software). Can you upload a .zip file with some test images for me to try? Imgur will compress the images so it'd have to be a .zip file.

Here it is to play with it as you want. :)

My personal preference is to have sharp pixels

The format is not final. I want to attach to the right the world map art but I need to screengrab it but I don't want to spend 5 bucks on GOG because my disk is not working :)

Attachments

• Last__ - Copy.png
    Last__ - Copy.png
    965.2 KB · Views: 79

deama

Prophet

The format is not final. I want to attach to the right the world map art but I need to screengrab it but I don't want to spend 5 bucks on GOG because my disk is not working :)
Can you give me the individual portrait images themselves? Or just one of them?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Attachments

• All STAr.zip
    535.9 KB · Views: 56

deama

Prophet

I'm not sure how you add attachments, I think you have to be a patron?
Anyway, it seems like some faces ended up being decent, but others became deformed. The borders are a bit iffy too.
https://imgur.com/a/LjouFcE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom