Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

Didn't think I would see this series ever getting revived.

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

Available with Xbox Game Pass.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/9/18658909/microsoft-flight-simulator-e3-2019-trailer

A new Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to PC and Xbox One
Gorgeous trailer shows off weather effects and a variety of planes

By Ben Kuchera and Russ Frushtick Jun 9, 2019, 4:50pm EDT

Microsoft announced that a new Flight Simulator game is coming to both Xbox One and PC during its press conference today, with the game being available through the Xbox Game Pass.

The game is just called Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it looks beautiful based on the trailer, but the only other thing we know about the game is that it uses Azure and satellite data to create its realistic world.

In the trailer we caught glimpses of a wide variety of flyable planes, from small two-seaters to massive 747s. The satellite data and the Azure engine brings the world to life, with a handful of real-world locations like the pyramids at Giza and the Seattle Space Needle.

The trailer also demonstrates some incredibly realistic weather effects, complete with heavy streaking rain and lighting strikes, which are sure to make your time in the skies a bit hectic.

Microsoft Flight Simulator will arrive on Xbox One and PC, and will be included for Xbox Game Pass subscribers. No release date has been confirmed yet.

Nyast

Cipher
It looks gorgeous, but be careful of marketing tactics & deception.

Example: at 1:08 there's a city view with traffic. If you look very carefully ( you have to rewind and replay that single second many times to notice ) you'll see the traffic is completely fake. Some cars are crossing highways, some cars are driving on building *walls* ( yeah, at 90° lol ), a truck is heading straight at full speed into a tree, some cars are passing *through* buildings, etc.. In general, you won't notice any car doing a turn and all cars are running on a straight line. It's pure fakery for E3 and there's no way to know how it'll eventually look in game.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Plus it's for XBOX, so it'll be a console port. I know you can get flight sticks for consoles, etc., but it's a warning sign.

"Powered by AZURE AI" lol that explains the cars driving on walls Nyast

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That fake traffic is an indication but not the only one.

GTAV also has very good looking city overflights but if you have a trained eye you can see that the lights of the cars are just billboards moving without any connections to real cars, and then they just magically pop in at 100 meters away. Whereas real flight sims tend to actually simulate objects which takes years to program and brings a console to its knees, the popamole flight sims just randomly put a few objects in a bubble around the player that's surprisingly small and completely meaningless, and the rest is billboards.

The graphics are nice but fake. Microsoft stopped making flight sims years ago and are now just remarketing their brand that was good 15 years ago. 18 year old Combat Flight Simulator 2 still has more features than this, thats why people are still making new games with it http://www.overflandersfields.com/products.html

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Example: at 1:08 there's a city view with traffic.

Enhance

If you look very carefully ( you have to rewind and replay that single second many times to notice ) you'll see the traffic is completely fake.

Enhance

Some cars are crossing highways, some cars are driving on building *walls* ( yeah, at 90° lol )

Enhance

a truck is heading straight at full speed into a tree

Enhance

some cars are passing *through* buildings

It's pure fakery for E3 and there's no way to know how it'll eventually look in game.

UNPLAYABLE.

McPlusle

Savant
Even a new FS might not be enough to get me to "upgrade" to Windows 10. I haven't played any flight sims to come out after FSX (X-Plane, Prepar3D, etc.), but if the vanilla experience is an improvement (I'd rather not drop a ton on addons to make it playable) then I'll consider it.

Burning Bridges

But this was never how it was supposed to work. You must spend at least a couple 100$ to have decent planes and terrain.
Flight Simulator X 24.99$
Combined DLCs 4,797.44$

McPlusle

Savant
Nah, paid addons are kind of ingrained in the sim scene, even going back to unofficial addons being released as boxed retail products

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, paid addons are kind of ingrained in the sim scene, even going back to unofficial addons being released as boxed retail products
Yeah, it's needless to compare sims to regular videogames in this regard. This is an expensive genre to get into, not just DLCs, but the hardware as well.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Being on Xbox killed all my interest. Also their last flight sim game was terrible, it was like a dumb version of what they did before. And even what they did before wasn't very good, they always have terrible frame rates. I remember at one point I had a top of the line CPU and GPU, literally no higher model than what I owned. A new MS Flight Sim came out and I was getting about 14 fps. And even several years later when I looked it up, it still wasn't much better. If you can't feel immersed in a sim then it is pretty pointless to me, and I can't feel immersed when turning over a city goes 1 fps.

That said, I would like them to keep it going if they can. There was a MS Flight Sim game that was amazing in the 90s or 80s, because it had an addon that let you make your own planes. You choose the torque, engine size, body size, wing size, weight, etc. So you could do fun goofy stuff like make planes so powerful they can take off almost instantly, or a plane so controlled you can land it on top of a skyskraper. There was also some civilian traffic which didn't really fly, it would follow waypoints to look like it was doing something, but there was a jumbo jet that used to travel at about mach 2 over Chicago and I used to make various jet planes to try to catch it. Fun times. Modern sims are too simmy and boring.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR": https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/

quote-v3.png

This sentence from Leonardo da Vinci embodies the driving force behind the Microsoft Flight Simulator team. And while all of us have our own personal associations with flight, the entire team is committed to the singular goal of capturing the artistry, mastery, and essence of flying. We believe part of achieving that goal is taking a moment to recognize pivotal steps in our development process, and today is one of our biggest. The culmination of time, effort, technology, and collaboration was edited into a 1:30 second video shown at the Microsoft Keynote presentation this year to kick off E3 2019.

On behalf of the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator team, we humbly and deeply express our gratitude for such an overwhelmingly positive response to our announce trailer! We recognize that without people like you, we don’t get to make experiences like this that span more than 35 years and maintain such a passionate following. Thank you for being patient enough to weather the turbulence caused by some of our previous missteps. Thank you for being willing to look to the possibilities of the future while asking us to be accountable for the past. We hear you, we value you, we want to make the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator for you, with you.

While this is not the moment to answer every question being asked, we do want to take the opportunity to answer a few important ones:
  1. We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
  2. Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
  3. Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
  4. Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
  5. Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
Over the next few months, we will be communicating our plans for the rest of the year, including important updates to the Preview Build/Insider Programs, and important development beats. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the community starts with transparency and clearly communicated expectations. Early August is our current timeline for kicking off the communication of the development roadmap. We will continue to add clarity to this timeline throughout the summer. If you’d like the latest updates, please make sure to sign up for the Insider Program.

This is just the first step in an adventure we are honored and excited to be taking with all of you. The reaction we received from our recent trailer was an incredible reminder that we are not alone in this passion we have for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, honestly expressing your feedback and concerns, and for taking this next step with us.

From all of us here working on Microsoft Flight Simulator:

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/

CockpitDR400_3.png

JULY 11TH, 2019 – DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

As the team enters the dog days of summer, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on many of the big updates we’re planning to share toward the end of summer. Our excitement continues to build, as does our impatience to share this information with you. So we press forward counting down the days until we can open the hangar doors and dive into the details with you.

There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates.

In the meantime, here’s a work-in-progress screenshot, and confirmation that the Insider Program will be starting in early August as part of our development roadmap kickoff.

On July 25th, we will be releasing another update on our plans for August and September. Until next time, know that the team is excited and anxious to share more information with you.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why the are making CIVILIAN simulator? civilians simulators are so boring, the most fun period for a flight sim is ww2

Burning Bridges

Why the are making CIVILIAN simulator? civilians simulators are so boring, the most fun period for a flight sim is ww2

This is nonsense Makabb. You sound almost like you never attempted to learn a real airplane in a civilian sim. In fact I find this a much more interesting and long term investments than flying in circles trying to deflection shoot bombers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom