Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Curratum

Getting upset an action game has a female main character is living up to the worst bullshit SJWs say about "gamers." You're feeding their nonsense with your own nonsense. Stop being a tool.

Can't speak for everyone in this scintillating conversation that's going on here, but I'm mostly disappointed that an action game has a female main character that's dull as dishwater, and that's before sexiness even enters the picture.

I also faintly recall that this is a prequel to the other Bombshell game that starred the same character, and that this game would show the character's transition (I know, lots of possible allusions right there.)

Also, seeing your riveting performance in the Epic Game Store thread, and then seeing you calling people "tools" here, is just top kek.

Yes, indeed. If there's any sin here, it would be that the character is dull and the one-liners are cringy or dull.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Getting upset an action game has a female main character is living up to the worst bullshit SJWs say about "gamers." You're feeding their nonsense with your own nonsense. Stop being a tool.

Yeah, getting upset at 2+2=5 shit. Imagine that.

You guys are still oblivious to the fact this retarded world view is DEAD. What SJWs managed to do is demonstrate the inherent absurdity of this idea.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Maybe, but it still misses the point of the character. They both did.

Kinda of amusing how those woke developers seem to really, really hate femininity. All in the name of equality, no less.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Maybe, but it still misses the point of the character. They both did.

Kinda of amusing how those woke developers seem to really, really hate femininity. All in the name of equality, no less.
Not going full-on gaze-pandering isn't "woke." They made her character design more feminine, so it's not coming from a hatred of femininity, more likely a fear of criticism and controversy or possibly even a place of restrained maturity.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Not going full-on gaze-pandering isn't "woke." They made her character design more feminine, so it's not coming from a hatred of femininity, more likely a fear of criticism and controversy or possibly even a place of restrained maturity.

I must say after all these years it's really fun seeing you become the voice of reason around these parts... :lol:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I don't mind her visual design, but the voice acting is phoned in, the lines are crap to begin with (not that Duke or Lo Wang were perfect, far from it. Caleb was the standout imo, some of those movie quotes were delivered much better than in the actual movies/media, esp. the ending quote).

The right voice actress and performance are vital to this imo. A build game without an enjoyable vocal performance for the protagonist is just fucking weird.

There aren't many voice actresses I can think of who could do a good action heroine. None would quite fit the femduke thing (and I wish they hadn't tried to make her that, tbh). But they exist... They just need a somewhat different character to work with.

Current Bombshell might as well have come from a Call of Duty game.

The original version was meh to start with, and diablo-lite version was awful. Kind of sad for the character.
One thing none of the current retro shooters have managed to pull off is to have a build-trinity or thief 1/2 level protagonist. Something we haven't really had since those games came out, come to think of it.

I have some other issues with the game, but nothing too big. Some annoying enemy sounds, the pistol and smg being meh, etc.
Game being too easy (well, its wanna-be Duke, I guess).

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah because this is what the legacy of build games is known for.

Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage, Blood, all known for their restrained maturity.

"I want to make a somewhat-less juvenile version of this thing" seems like a valid want to me.

HansDampf

Arcane
Tbf, if it was my job to design a female version of Duke Nukem, the amalgamation of action hero cliches, the mountain of triceps, testosterone overlord, ... then a grey overall wouldn't be my first choice of outfit. Unless I was trying to avoid potential internet outrage about oversexualization of women.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage, Blood, all known for their restrained maturity.

"I want to make a somewhat-less juvenile version of this thing" seems like a valid want to me.

No it isn't when one of the selling points of the legacy you are tapping in is juvenile, outrageous humor.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant

No it isn't when one of the selling points of the legacy you are tapping in is juvenile, outrageous humor.
The funny thing is, if you and your ilk were less fucking autistic about this shit I might even find myself agreeing with many of your points. But nooooo....This game is BAD and will always be BAD because less tiddies are BAD and women in a fictitious military organization is BAD and fuck the the awesome-looking level designs it's all BAD BAD BAD REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I didn't say anything about the game being BAD. This aspect of the game is bad, other aspects may be good. Is one allowed to discuss different things about a game or is one supposed to refrain from criticizing one particular thing in case someone takes it personally and assumes you are trashing on the entire game?

The part that pisses me off is that as many have suspected here the reason they have gone with this anemic character instead of the original concept for Bombshell is soy. Maybe it's even understandable considering this is a small company and they provably didn't want to risk getting caught on a shitstorm by actually giving us Duke Nukem with tits, but that only shows just how fucking insufferable the woke police has become.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I didn't say anything about the game being BAD. This aspect of the game is bad, other aspects may be good. Is one allowed to discuss different things about a game or is one supposed to refrain from criticizing one particular thing in case someone takes it personally and assumes you are trashing on the entire game?

It's bad to piss and moan about it constantly when there's lots more to talk about. It's the same thing as whining constantly about boob armor, just in reverse.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Maybe if you guys would stop throwing retarded fits over a legitimate criticism we wouldn't be going back and forth with this.

Nu-Bombshell is a shit character and that WILL detract from the game. It's not something you can just ignore coming at the heels of Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior or Blood. Deal with it.

Nu-Lo Wang was also beyond shit but the game was shit too so i saved myself the grief by avoiding playing it:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom