Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Lilura's blog becomes number one BG3 info channel - 1 zillion daily visitors

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
you ever run into those people who think because they have a couple thousand twitter followers they should be able to demand free shit from restaurants? "i'm an influencer" they scream. "i'm famous." but in fact they're garbage people with no value, nothing interesting to say, and the world would be better off if they never spoke to anyone again

i don't know what made me think of that, though. how weird

Lil likes to brag about how she doesn't need to beg on her blog.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What is stated is that Fallout 1 is the most OVERRATED entry to the series, which is true.
you're confused. Fallout 2 was the most overrated. you know, the one where they decided to pack the game full of over the top references instead of trying to do a real story. :M

well, I guess fo3 is the most overrated now numbers wise, but among real FO fans.

Corvinus

Arcane
Yeah,but Thief is the better game :smug:.

Thief is a great game (*the* stealth game, probably), but it is quite different to JA2 or FO. Is it really fair to compare them? Apples and oranges, etc.

Also, what is it with Bulgarians and thieving? You lot are even represented with a specific unit in Medieval II:
iu

Bulgarian Brigands

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lil likes to brag about how she doesn't need to beg on her blog.

Well, I'm one of the few commentators whose site is ads-free and bereft of donate begging. As I've said, not a cent invested and not a cent requested. Also, 'Dexers should not get butthurt about hyperlinks: the traffic garnered from public venues is as nothing in comparison to what is garnered natively from Google. And also, the main beneficiary of my site is neverwintervault.org, where people can download free mods, ads-free.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,but Thief is the better game :smug:.

Thief is a great game (*the* stealth game, probably), but it is quite different to JA2 or FO. Is it really fair to compare them? Apples and oranges, etc.

Also, what is it with Bulgarians and thieving? You lot are even represented with a specific unit in Medieval II:
iu

Bulgarian Brigands
Well it is fair to compare them when it is about butthurting somebody :). Well we do have a long history of being thieves on horses,even pillaged half of Europa with Attila and even our Khans were of his descendants. The symbol of clan Dulo is pretty respected here among skinheads and nationalists alike. Also our views are very....acceptant of thievery in a way. Here the logic is "Every bastards is a stealing bastard,no point in pretending". Most of those thieving acts are aimed at the big guyz,the government or the corporation that you work for. Bulgars rarely steal people tho,that is mainly the gypsos. Tho if we find a lost thing,we will keep it and sell it. We also have pretty good criminal underground,we have good professional thieves of all kinds. This comes from our love for true freedom,not that garbage the americans are selling.

Corvinus

Arcane
Well it is fair to compare them when it is about butthurting somebody :). Well we do have a long history of being thieves on horses,even pillaged half of Europa with Attila and even our Khans were of his descendants. The symbol of clan Dulo is pretty respected here among skinheads and nationalists alike. Also our views are very....acceptant of thievery in a way. Here the logic is "Every bastards is a stealing bastard,no point in pretending". Most of those thieving acts are aimed at the big guyz,the government or the corporation that you work for. Bulgars rarely steal people tho,that is mainly the gypsos. Tho if we find a lost thing,we will keep it and sell it. We also have pretty good criminal underground,we have good professional thieves of all kinds. This comes from our love for true freedom,not that garbage the americans are selling.

Honesty among thieves. Who would have thought? :cool:

So I guess that if BG3 took place in medieval europe, all the power gamers would choose Bulgarian as race when playing a thief. Such a game would be interesting, now that I think about it...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also our views are very....acceptant of thievery in a way. Here the logic is "Every bastards is a stealing bastard,no point in pretending". Most of those thieving acts are aimed at the big guyz,the government or the corporation that you work for. Bulgars rarely steal people tho,that is mainly the gypsos. Tho if we find a lost thing,we will keep it and sell it. We also have pretty good criminal underground,we have good professional thieves of all kinds. This comes from our love for true freedom,not that garbage the americans are selling.
What?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also our views are very....acceptant of thievery in a way. Here the logic is "Every bastards is a stealing bastard,no point in pretending". Most of those thieving acts are aimed at the big guyz,the government or the corporation that you work for. Bulgars rarely steal people tho,that is mainly the gypsos. Tho if we find a lost thing,we will keep it and sell it. We also have pretty good criminal underground,we have good professional thieves of all kinds. This comes from our love for true freedom,not that garbage the americans are selling.
What?
He's a Bulgarian

Cael

Arcane
What?
He's a Bulgarian
Nah. More like bulgogi :D

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

So I guess that if BG3 took place in medieval europe, all the power gamers would choose Bulgarian as race when playing a thief. Such a game would be interesting, now that I think about it...

Gypsy. Everybody would play gypsy thieves.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Ahh it is not much of honour among thieves,but knowing that he is a thieve and trying to screw him over while he is trying to do it himself ;). In the end everyone is screwed a bit and no hard feelings :). We here have a saying for politicians "There is not problem that he is stealing,as long as he is building!"

He's a Bulgarian
I am too, but that sounds ridiculous, lol.
Fuck off German! You lost any right to call yourself Bulgar the moment you decide to emigrate and serve other country! Also you left because you didn't fit in our culture and despise it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Fuck off,that is too op! They have a total immunity to electricity and fire,while natural 20 on stealth checks and double speed while running away. Oh and their weigh capacity is limitless for stolen goods!

Corvinus

Arcane
Exactly! How could thr munchkins resist picking them?

I'm not so sure, since they will be universally hated (negative reputation with all factions), and if the game is historical, they would also be banned from entering more than a few nations (thus making thieving difficult). Bulgarians could however blend in fairly effectively in southern europe, thus making them the superior choice. It all comes down to the location of the game, and power gamers are soulless individuals.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Sure mate,your life your choice,i don't begrudge you for it. Just don't go around pretending to be something you are not. You decided to leave,so fuck off and good luck.
Don't be so overdramatic, I've been gone for like 8 months and on Monday I'm flying back for like a month. It's not like I don't have family or a home there anymore.
i've got mugged more times in Berlin than in Sofia :?
You won't see the myths come to life in the majority of Sofia, those only come from basically-inbred suburbs and villages.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What?
He's a Bulgarian

He is Romanian but he's too ashamed to admit it therefore he claims to be Bulgarian.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As i said,personal theft is very rare and done by the gypsos here. I have never been mugged in Bulgaria,tho a few times in the west.

Sure mate,your life your choice,i don't begrudge you for it. Just don't go around pretending to be something you are not. You decided to leave,so fuck off and good luck.
Don't be so overdramatic, I've been gone for like 8 months and on Monday I'm flying back for like a month. It's not like I don't have family or a home there anymore.
You won't see the myths come to life in the majority of Sofia, those only come from basically-inbred suburbs and villages.
It is not about what you have here,but about how your perception and views change when you live in another country. Have met enough Bulgarian migrants like you in my like,they are all the same obnoxious faggots,worst than vegans and cyclist,always wanting to tell you how the country should change.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Don't worry, I won't tell you how the country should change, I've already accepted it's a sunken ship.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Don't worry, I won't tell you how the country should change, I've already accepted it's a sunken ship.

Go back to the basics, implement Generalplan Ost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom