Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Lilura's blog becomes number one BG3 info channel - 1 zillion daily visitors

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I don't like Might & Magic; I'll never cover it. VtMB I just finished installing from the original optical media bought when the game came out, and it works fine except the menus are low-res. There does not seem to be a fix. wesp just spams his unofficial patch links whenever anyone asks how to fix it. I refuse to write a retrospective for VtMB that is not based on the Troika original.

Fairfax

Arcane
I don't like Might & Magic; I'll never cover it. VtMB I just finished installing from the original optical media bought when the game came out, and it works fine except the menus are low-res. There does not seem to be a fix. wesp just spams his unofficial patch links whenever anyone asks how to fix it. I refuse to write a retrospective for VtMB that is not based on the Troika original.
I think his patch uses this to fix that.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Don't fuck with the Renaissance/API-era, you disgusting piece of shit:

renaissance.jpg
I would say Kingmaker is definitely better than IWD2 at the very least.
It's good shit.
It was very buggy at release but not nearly as bad as VtMB for me (still have never finished it because it always crashes too hard at some point in my playthroughs)

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We call this "living in the past" and "nostalgia goggles". Remember that, originally, nostalgia was considered by the inventors of the word, the ancient Greeks, to be a MENTAL ILLNESS.

Nostalgia is not a Greek word. It’s an early-modern coinage made from two Greek roots. Originally, it was used to describe worn out Swiss mercenaries who really wanted to go home—probably PTSD. Doesn’t mean the same thing today.

pomenitul

Arbiter
I'm more disturbed at the mass usage of actual English here in Germany (not in dialogues with people, but in businesses, supermarkets, shops, advertisement, etc.), rather than germanized or borrowed English words.

My German is serviceable when it comes to minimal interactions yet I utterly froze the last time I was in Berlin and systematically resorted to English. It fills me with shame to this day.

But yeah, that's the lot of Germanic countries in general. One of the francosphere's perks is that, for obvious historical reasons, English is viewed with more suspicion than elsewhere. Which isn't to say that Frenglish has been stamped out, especially among pseudo-entrepreneurs, but it's easier to call people out on their sub-Globish shit.

pomenitul

Arbiter
(I am aware that we're straying further from the topic at hand, which, as we know, is a wellspring of juicy facts, far removed from hallucinogenic speculation of any kind.)

you like nvn?

I love Swordflight. If we include mods, then Swordflight is the best D&D campaign ever.

is Darkness over Daggerford worth playing?
It's unashamedly a BG homage, but it's a nice little adventure with plenty of side-stuff to do. If you do have NWN:EE then get the enhanced version of daggerford; it has bugfixes and new assets and Ossian actually gets paid for it
I noticed they released this for NWN EE today:

This makes me consider getting the game....

Looks maybe amazing..

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/sinister-secret-saltmarsh

Lil doesn't strike me as the type of person who will tolerate a Russian knockoff, given her opinion on Kingmaker (and also the Serbian knockoff Underrail which she actually did play but didn't like).

All these current gen devs do is make knock-offs of the classics that play more slowly, look ugly/faggity and take longer to load.
I like Kingmaker, but in some ways that criticism is valid. The game plays more sluggish.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Lilura
kingmaker is like JA2 had a baby with baldurs gate...
why you resist? is it money problems?

We call this "living in the past" and "nostalgia goggles". Remember that, originally, nostalgia was considered by the inventors of the word, the ancient Greeks, to be a MENTAL ILLNESS.

And here we call retards those who think calls to "nostalgia goggles" are valid arguments.

It's a Codexian thing.

So, if you take two Greek words, mash them together, they're no longer Greek? Top logic.

You said "the inventors of the word", retard. Don't try to weasel out when it's being pointed out you're just a pathetic pseudo-intellectual.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
you like nvn?

I love Swordflight. If we include mods, then Swordflight is the best D&D campaign ever.

is Darkness over Daggerford worth playing?
It's unashamedly a BG homage, but it's a nice little adventure with plenty of side-stuff to do. If you do have NWN:EE then get the enhanced version of daggerford; it has bugfixes and new assets and Ossian actually gets paid for it
I noticed they released this for NWN EE today:

This makes me consider getting the game....

Looks maybe amazing..

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/sinister-secret-saltmarsh
There's a ton of original module adaptations on the vault, though I'm not sure of the quality of all of them. Unfortunately, of course, NWN still deosn't have full control of your party or even party generation, so you either do them in multiplayer (which works great, especially since the EE improves netcode etc) or with whatever companions they saw fit to include (this is a mixed bag)

For starters? A massive amount of bugs, often game-breaking. And no, the "use mods" argument doesn't work, since:
1. They weren't available at release.
2. Even with them, there is a large number of bugs remaining.

This is especially egregious considering that:
1. It's the shortest entry in the series by a large margin.
2. It has the least amounts of locations/NPCs/quests out of the series.
3. People shit on Bethesda games (justifiably) for exactly the same thing, while wearing rose-tinted glasses for the old titles.

Imagine someone seriously believing that. This game with great writing, characters, themes, atmosphere, character system is bad because.. because it's short. 20-30 hours is too short! And there are bugs... awful lots... they were twenty years ago... but but it still counts, just like the quiz you won in the middle school still counts, which means you are not a hopeless loser.
If you were a smart troll you would mention unfinished Followers of the Apocalypse and Zax quests. But you are not.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lil doesn't strike me as the type of person who will tolerate a Russian knockoff, given her opinion on Kingmaker (and also the Serbian knockoff Underrail which she actually did play but didn't like).
If she has stated she doesn't like Underrail, but claims she likes Fallout, then I'd be curious to know why she doesn't like Underrail.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is Roguey her representative or like her stalker? Does she tell someone who then tells roguey who then tells codex? Like a network of spies, retarded spies.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is Roguey her representative or like her stalker? Does she tell someone who then tells roguey who then tells codex? Like a network of spies, retarded spies.
Probably. Lots of codex stuff goes on in the backgrounds, but peasants like us don’t give a shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom