Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
as all other things in this game the answer is you literally just wait

I think it takes like 30-40 days for relations to move back to the level that you can interact with them

Reinhardt

Arcane
just another quick question. on my map i have 5 cities of same fraction. 3 of them are hostile to me once i defeated mercenary group that was at that moment hired not by fraction but a locals. anyway. how to regain trust? just do missions in other city's of the same fraction or that's it. those are hostile for good
Wait for crisis and help another noble house to conquer them. Or join their battles with orkz/zombos and kill their militia. Sooner or later they will be destroyed or captured. No person - no problem.

tindrli

Arcane
just another quick question. on my map i have 5 cities of same fraction. 3 of them are hostile to me once i defeated mercenary group that was at that moment hired not by fraction but a locals. anyway. how to regain trust? just do missions in other city's of the same fraction or that's it. those are hostile for good
Wait for crisis and help another noble house to conquer them. Or join their battles with orkz/zombos and kill their militia. Sooner or later they will be destroyed or captured. No person - no problem.
there is just some minor inconvenience. 5 cities 4 of them are with harbors including one that have store which will buy my stuff for 23GP usually. I could have picked a northern fraction instead

o fuck. and i was dooing just fine
vGFNhEg.png

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/1591378873854538612
Alp Rework
2 Aug @ 2:02pm - rapsdjff
b524123e79bb768fc843a0254a027cf27caceaac.jpg

We’re back from vacation with a rework of everyone’s favorite opponent, the Alp.

Why do a makeover? The intention is to have Alps provide unique encounters and challenges with a puzzle-esque element that is solved differently each time, unlike with the first iteration of Alps, while also be fun and without the tedium that now plagues the second iteration of Alps. All while staying true to their lore.

What’s changed? Alps now work like this: They no longer spawn any shadows. Instead, they attack themselves at medium range. They get a unique passive ability as well as two familiar spells, each with two tiles range, and any combination of the two can be cast per turn.

Their ‘Sleep’ spell will inflict the ‘Sleeping’ status effect, which works similarly to ‘Stunned’ in that a sleeping character is unable to act. However, sleeping characters can be woken by adjacent allies, just like you can free adjacent allies from webs, and using the ‘Rally’ skill wakes up every ally within 4 tiles as well. The effect of the spell can also be resisted in the first place with a successful Resolve check. Finally, after 2 turns (or 1 with the ‘Resilient’ perk), characters wake up on their own again.

The ‘Nightmare’ spell of Alps can only be cast on targets with the ‘Sleeping’ status effect. It inflicts damage that scales inversely with the Resolve of the target (like attacks from shadows did), but can not be resisted entirely. Once a target receives damage like this, it wakes up and loses the ‘Sleeping’ status effect.

Unique among all opponents in the game is the new passive ability of Alps, which works like this: Each time any Alp receives damage, all Alps on the battlefield, with the exception of those stunned or rooted, shuffle to a different position within 2 tiles range of your men. In other words, each attack on an Alp will change the look of the battlefield and will have you reevaluate your priorities, which mirrors how they’re besieging your mind in the lore.

What does all of that mean? Fighting Alps is now much quicker, it’s different each time, and there’s much less incentive to strip everyone naked before each fight because fatigue is not the deciding factor. The strength of Alps also scales less with their numbers, which makes them viable opponents from the early game until the late game. They’re not the most dangerous opponent in the game, but they can and probably will kill some of your men.

Changelog for 1.3.0.24
  • Changed mechanics of Alp. See above for details.
  • Fixed characters unable to move out of a zone of control when their opponent is armed with a three-headed flail.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed the player to lose effective fatigue by switching to items on the ground.
  • Fixed various minor issues such as typos.

Uncle Skull

Educated
Any word on future development? Is it "finished" or there will be more dlcs?
Looks like the recent DLC did fairly well, so we can expect them to churn out one or two more.

Well, there's a new Legends mod release with quite a lot of new features.
Legends looks promising with all the new perks and features, I just hope it doesn't get too bloated when they get to 1.0.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I didn't see this update, let my dogs after them, and had chase the alps all across the damn field.:P I like this new alp.

Well, there's a new Legends mod release with quite a lot of new features.
Legends looks promising with all the new perks and features, I just hope it doesn't get too bloated when they get to 1.0.
imo they could stand to cut the campsite. They change too much. Oh, they add women too, which is bullshit and kills the immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/1588003072334712349
Update 1.3.0.25
23 Aug @ 2:40pm - rapsdjff

Changelog for 1.3.0.25
  • Changed 'Permanent Destruction' setting to be disabled by default when starting a new campaign as to better reflect the setting prefered by the majority of players.
  • Fixed issue when continuing to play a campaign with DLC that was started without DLC.
  • Fixed named Pikes missing as potential loot for locations.
  • Fixed some minor issues such as typos.

kryminator

Augur
This spreadsheet compiled by JerekKruger breaks seeds down, so you can pick them based on the number of smelters, width of the map, etc.
Hmm should probably include if there are cities in forests on maps for quality wood availability but yeah otherwise neat.
I don't think You need to know if settlement is or is not in woods, You just check number of lumber camps on map and if > 0 then Quality Wood should be easily obtainable there.
Currently, I play campaign with no lumber camps and there is no Quality Wood in shops but there are some settlements in forest. Fortunately, I found some on Schrats and my bowyer bro even created masterwork bow.
Btw. are there famed bows in the game? I presume there are but I didn't find any so far (not that I played a lot - 3 campaigns with about 100, 150 and 200 days). I found crossbow, throwing axes, javelins but no bows.

And BB is definitely great game. I haven't had so much fun with game since AoD.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The goal is moving his data to a site where we can browse seeds by filters like gems, famed bows, forest settlements, etc.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anybody knows if there are any plans for Battle Brothers? Or is it a finished game.
From what I know they are working on something and we'll probably get to know more about it within the year.
Dunno if it's BB or something completely new though

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i want battle brothers but actual RPG instead of just caravan simulator. it gets old after 20 hours or so.
I would be happy if they added some end game goals for the companies.
I like the open ended nature of the game but I also enjoy to have a specific goal to work towards.
It could even be different depending on the background of the company etc, for variety. Plus it would allow for scoring, leaderboards etc :P

Riel

Arcane
I am all for RPGs but guys this is a tactical battle simulator revolving around managing a merc company in a low fantasy setting, it's not about a role a character's story and it certainly is not about fulfilling your lesbian fantasies screwing blue elves :P

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'd like Battle Brothers with a King of Dragon Pass meta game. Lead a minor house in the BB setting to hegemony over the other cadet families, then to maybe unite the great houses in a kingdom as the long campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom