Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
The awkward moment when you tell your customers not to buy your game...

sluangkhothttps://forums.otherside-e.com/g/Otherside_Employee

"If you want a complete experience, I would wait just a bit longer for all the hotfixes to come in. PS4 has some pretty annoying issues that we’re nearly finished tackling"

https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/july-8-2019-weekly-update-ps4-xbox-one-hotfix-ks-update/10118/9

Another satisfied customer.

Game not fit for purpose.

Well done devs, it's people like you that give kickstarter a bad name. Having said that, at least there are still some honest devs out there that hold true to their word.

Change the name of this game to "Underworld Descendant" and you will be done, cause lets be fair, this game never Ascended.

I'm done here, may you all get proper jobs you're good at!!. I wish that much for you.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/692840/discussions/0/1640916564829611901/

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kickstarter supporters are rubes.
Try before you buy.
The only sensible response to the years of shit releases.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
I propose this game (and I use the term loosely) be re-named Underhand Deception ... the Dull buggy RPG

One way in which this game could still make some money is if it were turned into a parody.

Like having Typhon's voice taunting the player for having been so dump to buy the game and having a Jurassic Park-style "ah, ah, ah" message after each crash.

Or stuff like adding "and don't ask me how I wrote this while in the cage" to this graffiti.

From the Steam forums: story telling level: grand master

F8FC93553154111A5186C26A66C3AE8A18D5078E

That way, it could really make the game worth buying for $5. I'm serious.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If the unannounced project is Thief, then they can't fuck it up as bad as UA, right? I mean, they have to get the stealth right, the sound propagation system, the level design, the atmosphere, the light gem with it's granular increase/decrease, the various surfaces with different noises, the equipment, the rope arrows, the swimming and diving, the...........Yeah, you know what, they can fuck it up.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
True. But compared to T1 and 2? I mean........topping 4 isn't exactly an achievement or a challenge by any stretch of the imagination but the previous ones, considering they're about to shut down and all the financial problems that they have does cause some concern.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Folks, this "unannounced project" is a red herring. It's meant to signal to potential SS3 publishers that OS has plans for the future and expects to continue operations.

Why is it "unannounced"? Because OS doesn't want inconvenient questions. How many people are working on it? How are you going to fund it? Any publisher interest? As long as it's "unannounced", they can always say they aren't ready to disclose any details yet.

Besides that, if they have a big unannounced project that is about to start, why did they lay off half of their Boston team two weeks ago?

They are still hoping that someone will bail them out and this is a desperate attempt to distract form the underwhelming progress they have made so far with SS3 and their hopeless financial situation.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
MasterLobar is absolutely right of course, these vile scumbags have lied to us from day one in order to make a quick buck, lets disregard the fallacy it's a different team doing SS3, that in its self is an admission of guilt ,,, the mere fact they said this SS3 game was MORE than HALF way finished as early as January this year speaks volumes about their honesty and commitment, what have we seen so far, a couple of very bad screenshots and that was months ago too, from a game that was supposed to be MORE than HALF way finished.

Their words, their scumbag LYING words.

These guys are despicable, the scum of the earth, they don't care, they got paid, and they surely never delivered, the idiotic white Knights who come here to defend this rubbish need to get their collective heads out of their arse's and go join that Razorfist moron in one of his public masturbation videos, they have as much credibility as him ... and yes, Razorfist did do that, yet he is seen as the celebrity Gamer who thinks this Undertard Demented POS is one of best games of all time.

I rest my case.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
It's very obvious what's going on:

- They don't have an "unannounced project," that's all BS

- After having abandoned UA, they laid off QA and other support staff (the CM will leave soon, too)

- They still have some money in the bank from their $3.5 million stock sale last August

- With that money, they are paying the remaining Boston staff and the Austin team to work on SS3

- They hope that they can make some more progress and finally convince a publisher to fund SS3 and keep them afloat

- Of course, "more than halfway completed" was a lie, and SS3 is nowhere near where it should be after more than 2 years of development

- Publishers also see clearly that they are so incompetent that even *6 months* after launching UA, they couldn't bring that game to an acceptable level (both PC and console)

- So every publisher knows that SS3 won't be released any time soon, will overshoot budget, and once it would finally be released, it would be delayed again and again (OS never met any deadline for anything) and at launch it will be the same mess as UA proved to be

That's why no publisher is going to dump $12+ million into this bottomless pit and they are going to run out of money in the next couple of weeks.

I stand by my prediction: OS will shut down in August.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Always so extreme, Lobar. There is an unannounced project, presumably "Thick as Thieves". The guy's not going to lie on his own LinkedIn page.

What is true is that project is nothing more than ideas and maybe some early prototypes with the UA engine, and may never go beyond that. If you want to call something like that not actually a project, be my guest.

Silentstorm

Learned
That is...impressive, also, an intro movie isn't fun gameplay wise, well, no shit, unless it has some random QTES, the purpose of a cutscene is to add to the freaking story or at least be entertaining to watch, but the fact they felt confident in removing the intro movie tells me they did not think it gave any actual interesting details for the plot or setting, and was so boring it could be removed.

Glic2000

Educated
I'm thrilled they got rid of that stupid talking mask intro. It looked cheap and gave a terrible first impression. The amusing thing is it took them THIS long to realize it was terrible.

Cael

Arcane
I'm thrilled they got rid of that stupid talking mask intro. It looked cheap and gave a terrible first impression. The amusing thing is it took them THIS long to realize it was terrible.
There is a difference between realising it is shit, and admitting publicly that it is :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom