Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Builders of Egypt - ancient Egypt city builder - free prologue available

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited by a moderator:

blrrmmmff

Scholar
I may be alone in this, but why are all these top down sims and builder games presented zoomed all the way in with the camera? Why is that possible in the first place? If it was me, the graphics would still mostly be 2d, with a mostly fixed camera, and with a far larger focus on new game play innovation.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Looks like a modern Pharaoh - I will watch this, because the 3d graphics of Children of the Nile make it unplayable today.

Beastro

Arcane
The story starts in a little-known protodynastic period in which you will be able to observe the birth of the Old Egypt and finished with the death of Cleopatra VII.

So several thousands of years crushed in like that? It worked with Civ because of how abstract it is, but I found this kind of thing a let down in most other stuff, like Rise of Nations.

Last edited:

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
So it's just Pharaoh but without any of the charm? Every time one of these modern 3D mah-graphics brown on brown with brown background games comes around I cry for the loss of beautiful 2D sprites.

The story starts in a little-known protodynastic period in which you will be able to observe the birth of the Old Egypt and finished with the death of Cleopatra VII.

So several thousands of years crushed in like that? It worked with Civ because of how abstract it is, but I found this kind of thing a let down in most other stuff, like Rise of Nations.
They probably just mean the campaign fluff will span that period. It's about the same in Pharaoh.

Also from the trailer:
Comming to City

titus

Arcane
Patron
It looks horrible, it definitely did age way worse than Pharaoh.
It did age worse, but I don't find it that bad. Definitely not unplayable graphics-wise, and that engine can do some cool shit. I wonder why they didn't "remaster" it yet.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It looks horrible, it definitely did age way worse than Pharaoh.
It did age worse, but I don't find it that bad. Definitely not unplayable graphics-wise, and that engine can do some cool shit. I wonder why they didn't "remaster" it yet.

The last time I tried it, everything looked like a brown mess. I may have to give it another try.

blrrmmmff

Scholar
The worst thing, those 3d graphics do not really add much in terms of gameplay. You can still have smooth animations for units and elevation (see Stronghold for example).

imajia

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Couldn't agree more, the 3d graphic add nothing. As long as you don't zoom in too much it looks acceptable, but what's the point?

W5EEdr.png

W5EkLF.png

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
DD
Devblog #11
2 AUG @ 7:53PM - BUILDERS_OF_EGYPT
It's high time for another devblog!

A month ago I uploaded a trailer, which was rated much better than I thought. Thank you all for your kind words and comments!!!

This time the most important information is that the game will be also published on GOG, you asked about this possibility so here it is.

As for your feedback on the game screen, you can see the range of influence of the building, which replaces the effects of walkers. They are still in the game, but only as part of the crowd.
b3255165448b4d600ff3086936047d407cd9cd18.jpg

Of course, this does not mean that all buildings are designed in this way - there is always a dweller in the house who has to collect goods from the bazaar, first come first served, and in the case of production buildings - they are served either by a stockpiles or by a granary.

What does the range of the building mean? This means that with distance, the risk of an event such as a fire increases. If the house is within the range of two fire stations, their effects add up so it is possible to reduce the chance of disaster to a minimum.

Current status of game development:
I'm still working on the version for testing, I'm polishing all the bugs and correcting things that there was no time for before. Just like on the screen below - for example I finally managed to improve road textures and add more points of interest for residents, so now they go to pray for example to chapels.
7f6cb8cd47c8a884f23496c59f649f8c33aab060.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/818520/view/2897462086637342608

Update 0.3101A - Steam Autumn Festival

Today, the Autumn Steam Festival is starting and it will be accompanied by the latest update introducing a number of changes and improvements to the game, especially the critical ones, which have prevented many people from even turning on the game. First of all, remember that this is still an Alpha version, the game is still in production and may still contain a number of bugs and gaps that will be fixed in the next few days.

f2345f1638ba9fad6db5e16ee48c4fbacf9b0617.png

I. The most important changes:

1. the second mission - this is currently a test mission for new mechanics, which will appear in the near future, so it should be treated as a preview and not as completed.

2. a number of modifications have been made to the IU - work is under way, but it has already been possible to introduce a number of amendments which you have asked for and tabled.

3. campaign mode - here you name your family and guide them through the history of Ancient Egypt

II. Less significant changes:

1. every building from now on has fixed and marked entry points, any one of them must be on the way for the building to start operating. This will make the game more varied and allow you to control the spawning of e.g. carrier, who will no longer come out of the wall.

2 There is a tab with deities - to each mission is assigned a specific deity. Building temples to the right deity will promote it at the expense of other deities, which they will certainly not like. The promotion of a suitable deity will affect a society which, inspired by faith, will show it in various ways, such as through intensified work, asceticism or even laziness.

3 The version introduces levels of difficulty. Each difficulty level modifies a number of parameters in the game, from the most visible ones, i.e. the conditions of victory to production times and building costs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom