Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
ss_58401cc905ef1b74fcf8a7f181d8820d9e3c5c75.1920x1080.jpg
latest

lightbane

Arcane
Unfortunately named game:

My name is Logan Johnson, and I am a journalist for the NewsLine newspaper, this was the beginning of my story. I snuck a secret K-529 scientific and technical base to find clues that Panicum had hidden. In this underground laboratory secret biological weapons were developed.
created from an Ebola virus called the virus "E". Due to the accident, the virus has spread throughout the base "Mole-529", almost all the staff mutated.

You need to immediately find out who set up the accident on a secret base, and stop the spread of the E virus, millions can die!

In the game you will have to wait, an unsurpassed rush of adrenaline, an exciting storyline and unimaginable horrors.

• Infection - there is an opportunity to be infected with the Ebola virus. Antivirus searches.
• Realistic visual effects - photorealistic visual effects.
• Excellent lighting - properly selected lighting gives the atmosphere of horror.
• High-quality sounds - well-chosen and high-quality audi sounds, and a soundtrack that fill the atmosphere of the game.
• A large number of enemies - engage in a tough battle with enemies, explore the dark scary corridors.
• Puzzles - solve puzzles to access areas, collect and use objects found in the environment, in a terrifying constant struggle for survival.
• Large expanses of the map - 10 floors, scientific and technical underground station "Mole-529".
• An interesting plot - there is nothing more beautiful than a famously twisted plot. The plot, which keeps in suspense from the first to the last minute.
• Various weapons.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*checks out above video*

"I will have a few consoles (13), I will start with DOS, then I will start moving forward to Commodore 64, so on and so on..."

:x

lightbane

Arcane
Remember that disgustingly hipster "game", YIIK? Apparently in a recent update they added a "bibliography" of references/stolen things that sounds bitter as hell:

6006732634ff3fc86a9e464191bfabb11e91cfa7.jpeg

There's also a LP being done by the Timrod guy who, although he tends to exaggerate IMO, it will be more-than-fitting for a game of such caliber. Chances are he began the LP because he read about the ending at TVTropes or somewhere else (since there's barely any info in the game's wikipedia article, guess why), which seems to be uber-pretentious, ultra-hipstery and yet it still fails to achieve the point it was trying to make. It also steals Persona 4's shadow thing but does so poorly, as expected.
https://www.lp.zone/t/yiikes-lets-dunk-on-yiik-a-plagiarism-rpg/3716

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember that disgustingly hipster "game", YIIK? Apparently in a recent update they added a "bibliography" of references/stolen things that sounds bitter as hell:

6006732634ff3fc86a9e464191bfabb11e91cfa7.jpeg

There's also a LP being done by the Timrod guy who, although he tends to exaggerate IMO, it will be more-than-fitting for a game of such caliber. Chances are he began the LP because he read about the ending at TVTropes or somewhere else (since there's barely any info in the game's wikipedia article, guess why), which seems to be uber-pretentious, ultra-hipstery and yet it still fails to achieve the point it was trying to make. It also steals Persona 4's shadow thing but does so poorly, as expected.
https://www.lp.zone/t/yiikes-lets-dunk-on-yiik-a-plagiarism-rpg/3716

> the earliest written language is cuneiform

Cuneiform is not a language, it is a script first used to write down the Sumerian language, and it was then adapted by Akkadian, Hittite, Elamic, Hurritic, and many more near eastern languages as the standard script for writing records and letters.

Factually wrong, I think we can sue the dev now.

lightbane

Arcane
Is Ni no Kuni 2 a bad game?

Compared to the first one? Yes.

On its own? Mediocre-to-bad. It has the standard Level 5 flaws: Some good ideas with poor execution such as base-building mechanics that use a real time timer, poorly explained uses of certain buildings, a weaksauce and badly-balanced skirmish battle system inspired by Suidoken games, etc. It also has a weak plot that uses isekai elements but badly, incredibly cringe-inducing plot-twists, an unlikeable and boring main character, DLCs with barely actual content, little connection to the first game besides a few nods here and there, and so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom