Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent Plays Fallout 4

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Great game. Forget what you heard, it's good. Weapon modding is very cool and fun, scrounging for loot in the world is addictive, the gunplay is awesome as enemies actually take cover and behave intelligently. The exploration is very good and the perk system offers a lot of flexibility and interesting choices. The RPG elements are on point and the dialogue system is not as bad as people made it out to be. Worth a play for sure.

Deleted Member 16721

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm playing on Survival Mode. It's very challenging, you can die easily but enemies also die quickly. It's a great challenge and a very good mode, highly recommended.

Squid

Arbiter
VLulezj.png

Please move this to a more appropriate place on the forums.

Barbalos

Savant
I didn't mind the gunplay aspects and wish it was an actual better RPG around them. There are some RPG choices, like Railroad, Minutemen, Brotherhood, but is there really much of anything else in the whole game? And the dialogue system is terrible; Yes, No but later, Sarcastic Yes, Kissass Yes.

Also I hated the crafting aspect, the gun mods are OP and you have to run around picking up tons of garbage like office fans and glue to build them. I also despised the building aspect, I thought it was horrible and janky though building is never my thing. TBH I couldn't even finish it.

Swigen

Arbiter
It seems alright at first, until you realize every single mission is “go over here and clear out this area”. No slavers, no treeman Bob, no nuking towns, no insane virtual AI, no Tenpenny, no underground Ghoul towns, none of the charm and creativity of Fallout 3 let alone the superior previous efforts. It’s like comparing Grand Theft Auto 4 to San Andreas; it looks nicer, certain gameplay mechanics are smoother but none of the heart or depth of the previous entries remains.

Okagron

Prophet
no treeman Bob
You mean Harold? Yeah, it was so much fun seeing such a cool character be destroyed by terrible writing.

no nuking towns, no insane virtual AI, no Tenpenny
These were all fucking stupid and just as bad as Fallout 4.

charm and creativity of Fallout 3
What charm and creativity? Just because Fallout 4 is bad, doesn't mean we should suddenly start giving completely undeserving praise to Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a terrible game and the existence of Fallout 4 doesn't make it less so.

This is how standards start to drop. We criticize something, deservedly i might add, for being terrible, but then something even worse shows up and we start to give undeserving praise to the prior terrible thing. Just because the new thing is even worse.

Last edited:

PsychoFox

Educated
Great game. Forget what you heard, it's good. Weapon modding is very cool and fun, scrounging for loot in the world is addictive, the gunplay is awesome as enemies actually take cover and behave intelligently. The exploration is very good and the perk system offers a lot of flexibility and interesting choices. The RPG elements are on point and the dialogue system is not as bad as people made it out to be. Worth a play for sure.
You simply MUST be a troll posting this here.

Deleted Member 16721

Never played this one. Is it better than Fallout Shelter?

I never played Fallout Shelter but this is a full, huge RPG with a lot of great elements. I'd say give it a try if you're a fan of large open-worlds, post apocalyptic settings and Bethesda games.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Things which are good about it:

- Weapon modding is kinda fun.
- Best power armor implementation yet.
- Base building and summoning shits using console to die on your turret defence is kinda fun.
- The Glowing Sea.
- Far Harbour DLC.

Things which are bad:

- The game content is made by Bethesda.

If game content was made by Obsidian old crowd (Sawyer, MCA, Fenstermaker) would be a dream game, because the overall engine and assets (grafix, enemies, enemy AI, shooting) are so much better than Fallout 3.

Last edited:

Swigen

Arbiter
no treeman Bob
You mean Harold? Yeah, it was so much fun seeing such a cool character be destroyed by terrible writing.

no nuking towns, no insane virtual AI, no Tenpenny
These were all fucking stupid and just as bad as Fallout 4.

charm and creativity of Fallout 3
What charm and creativity? Just because Fallout 4 is bad, doesn't mean we should suddenly start giving completely undeserving praise to Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a terrible game and the existence of Fallout 4 doesn't make it less so.

This is how standards start to drop. We criticize something, deservedly i might add, for being terrible, but then something even worse shows up and we start to give undeserving praise to the prior terrible thing. Just because the new thing is even worse.

“We” don’t have to start giving “completely undeserving praise to Fallout 3”, Obsidian already did by making New Vegas for Bethesda and adding NOTHING new and then again by making “Fallout 3 in space” with The Outer Worlds!

Deleted Member 16721

I really like how enemies don't become bullet sponges on Survival Mode. You can die quickly but a few shots to an enemy and they're dead quickly too. It's very intense. Difficult mode but so satisfying.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Depends on what you mean "on point". For example, in Sawyer-Vegas Perception doesn't affect accuracy, but in Fallout 4 it does. In New Vegas extra AP from Agility you get is x3 AGI, in F4 it's x10.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why does Fluent always play shittier and shittier things? Fluent shouldn't degrade its tastes further or it will lead to a cesspool explosion. I don't know how lower taste can go, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom