Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
get free Team Feat > change her class into whatever you want.

Lambach

Arcane
lolz

she's immune to like everything, only character in whole game who can tank mandragora swarms probably. not to mention she can't die.
git gut.

She ain't immune to an Owlbear claw to the face and that's the type of problem you'll face the most often.

And who the fuck tanks Mandragora Swarms anyway in a part of the game with an overabundance of disposable summons and AoE damage?

deuxhero

Arcane
Is there any benefit to continue leveling Amiri as Barbarian rather than just going Two-Handed Fighter? Rage powers are kinda shit compared to all the class-specific bonuses and extra feats you pick up as THF.

As for this: Pounce from Greater Beast Token. After that or level 11's greater rage, go ahead and dump the class.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If your biggest problem is owlbears hitting her then it's early to even talk about some cheese builds.

But if you think that char suckos but you also don't want to build her to not sucko then what advice do you really want?

Lambach

Arcane
I was looking for advice on Amiri, for Jeathal I was just lamenting they did not implement Vampirism closer to PnP. I suppose that might've been a tad too OP, but it would've still been more interesting than just "immune to poison and gets healed by Negative Energy".

Shadenuat

Arcane
She's not vampyr she's just undead. And she's immune to more things than poison, like all drain and stat damage, etc. Most things that make even very powerful builds collapse due to cheesy shit don't bother her.

For Amiri, Inspire Ferocity makes some sense, but it can be tricky to use. Together with Linzi can make melees pretty hard hitting.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they didnt implement vampirism because she isnt a vampire? FFS start using your brain before you complain you fucking retard.

deuxhero

Arcane
Is Jaethal explicitly a "vampire" instead of some unique undead? One more thing holding Jaethal back is her terrible domain choice. Death offers nothing to an inquisitor. Destruction domain with Rage Subdomain would be good example of a better pick for a melee inquisitor. Actually, if you have Call of the Wild mod, the best way to save her might be to just go full Bloodrager at level 2 onward (if the game properly adds the rage boost to her charisma).

As for Amiri, Inspire Ferocity costs her her move action (no full attacK) and she only has 10 charisma (no bonus).

Edit: While we're talking companion builds, any thoughts on Jubilost? I just dumped item creation feats on him (since he had Knowledge Arcana and full caster level) after seeing how craptastic the spell options for alchemists were in this game and how badly he's screwed by the encounter design favoring more encounters instead of fewer high power ones.

Shadenuat

Arcane
As for Amiri, Inspire Ferocity costs her her move action (no full attacK) and she only has 10 charisma (no bonus).
not sure what you mean here.

Edit: While we're talking companion builds, any thoughts on Jubilost? I just dumped item creation feats on him (since he had Knowledge Arcana and full caster level) after seeing how craptastic the spell options for alchemists were in this game and how badly he's screwed by the encounter design favoring more encounters instead of fewer high power ones.
:abyssgazer:

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
okay I googled d20 AND leveled merc in game for dis. game uses Unchained Barb not old barb. Inspire Ferocity just shares your stance bonus on everyone within 30 ft. and it's a modal. so 20 level amiri gives +6 ab -6 ac to everyone i think. bonus is unspecified as well so stacks with everything.

pls don't do this to me again and use actual relevant game data.

Codex Year of the Donut
what the fuck did you do to the best companion

deuxhero

Arcane
I looked at his new spell options when leveling up, and they seemed pretty crap to me. None of the unique alchemist spells that make them good.

Shadenuat

Arcane
They have very respectable spell selection, a combination of druid, cleric and wizord buffs and some of the best support spells in the game which they can share on anyone. Fantastic damage debuffs and disables with bombs too. IDK what more do you want.

Exchanging a level 2 slot to use a potion without consuming it is one of their best tricks. Keep in mind you can just say you want a potion with 20 CL and buy it in any city so you can get any hours per CL duration spell that's legal on a potion and keep using it as soon as you hit level 4.
There is no fucking reason u need this in this game or in vidya game at all.

U have pnp autism i think. fite it man.

Darkforge

Augur
Respecialize mod, all your problems solved. It's only cheesy if you choose to rebuild the character cheesy.
Developers always make retarded choices with companions in D&D games, you might as well just accept it move on and respec.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Retarded like giving them class u dont like. Right.

Instead of cheating, you can also stop being a wuss and accept companions as one of the strategic and rp challenges of the game and building your party. Want romance with your waifu? Play with waifu. Want powah? Use mercenaries.

But stop blaming devs for your autism and inability to cope with companions not being super perfect how you envision them in your meta.

Lambach

Arcane
Retarded like giving them class u dont like. Right.

I don't think it's a controversial statement that lots of companions in Kingmaker don't have optimized stats, specially Attributes. Makes perfect sense from an RP perspective (another reason why I avoid cheese builds on companions - almost none of them fit the theme of the character), but it's understandable why it pisses off min-maxers.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Depends on what you think is optimized.

Fact that Octavia has shit CON doesn't matter at all.

Valerie's low STR is bad but her Charisma also makes her great dazzler and extremely flexible in multiclassing.

Amiri has shit STR but then she gets items with free extra size damage on top of them.

PK has probably the most powerful character building system in any RPG which came out in years, and since there's no Favorite Class, the sky is really the limit on what you can do even with the "weakest" companions. On my first playthrough I played 3/4 of game on hard, finished on Unfair and never multiclassed.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
He even suggested an option to remove effects on resting( that was in the game )? I played PfK on custom difficulty. Most of his complains could be resolved just by playing on custom difficulty. But no

This is why devs dont bother with custom difficulties, and easy difficulty has become the new 'normal' standard setting. Because these degenerate Mongoloid Youtubers and their mouth-breathing audience are incapable of any cognitive function beyond clicking new game... But they can rant for four hours about how the game design is shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom