Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Codex Year of the Donut
Not sure if it's just the missions I remember most, or if HBS actually really has a female boner. It feels so weird. Guess it would make sense to start a check list to rule out any potential bias on my side.
HBS is full of trannies
not shitposting

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
i'm a faggot
LcQ6JrN.jpg

TJrp82z.jpg

FWE6tAh.jpg

Lexx

Cipher
Swigen So? I did not state that there should not be women at all. But it's quite obvious how I have to fight and kill women in every other mission or more. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's kinda sexist how I'm slaughtering women all the time. Makes me curious if HBS is aware of that.

lightbane

Arcane
Swigen So? I did not state that there should not be women at all. But it's quite obvious how I have to fight and kill women in every other mission or more. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's kinda sexist how I'm slaughtering women all the time. Makes me curious if HBS is aware of that.

Seeing that there are trannies in the writing staff, and that the Mary Sue that is the main character of story is a STRONK FEMALE!, it makes sense.

The alphabet soup hates women, especially those who are not ugly landwhales, and all of that.

Cael

Arcane
Is the game still unplayable?
Depends on your bullshit threshold. If you like a mindless mecha game with a side dish of cheering the Mary Sue NPC like a Dallas cheerleader, it is a playable game.

If you are looking for a BTech game that fundamentally follows established lore and has in-universe believeability, then you are looking at a cow pat varnished with rat vomit sprinkled with something that came out of a tranny's rotting, infected groin.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is totally unrelated to any discussion going on right before this, but I think it's interesting that the engineer on the ship is wearing hijab but there is absolutely no mention of Islam during the game. It's almost as if the writers had some kind of fascination with gendered clothing but no interest in the beliefs of the women who actually wear it. It kind makes you think about how they see the world and what their priorities are.

Codex Year of the Donut
This is totally unrelated to any discussion going on right before this, but I think it's interesting that the engineer on the ship is wearing hijab but there is absolutely no mention of Islam during the game. It's almost as if the writers had some kind of fascination with gendered clothing but no interest in the beliefs of the women who actually wear it. It kind makes you think about how they see the world and what their priorities are.
she should be stoned for daring to speak to a man without her owner's pemission

Norfleet

This is totally unrelated to any discussion going on right before this, but I think it's interesting that the engineer on the ship is wearing hijab but there is absolutely no mention of Islam during the game.
Well, why's that special? I see plenty of games where people are wearing crosses...but not a single mention of Christianity occurs in the game. Maybe some people just have a religion without making it a big plot point or personal issue.

Cael

Arcane
she should be stoned for daring to speak to a man without her owner's pemission
Considering that muslims are in Kuritan territory, and both muslims and Kuritans are as misogynist as they come, there is also the question of how she got her 20-gazillion doctorates. Occam's Razor states that she is lying through her teeth.

Lexx

Cipher
What I find more noteworthy is that she has a tattoo on her arm. Thought that wasn't allowed in those religious circles.

Cael

Arcane
What I find more noteworthy is that she has a tattoo on her arm. Thought that wasn't allowed in those religious circles.
One of the reasons they have good calligraphy is because they aren't allowed to do art of things as that would be idol worship, or some drek like that. If the tattoo is an animal or a face or something like that, then, yes, she's way out of bounds.

Norfleet

Because nobody ever does anything that falls outside the accepted bounds of their religion, ever. Especially not people who are living on the fringes of society and making a living as shady missionaries.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
The secret to the HBS Battletech game is just to max out PPC and LRM. And LosTech obviously if you mean double heatsinks and gauss cannons for more long range fun. Also assault mechs only. Never onced used a non-assault mech unless it was mandatory and even then it was a pair of LosTech Griffins.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think it is the new "Lets pick our token multicultural cliches and put on a blender to show how progressive we are." + the old "I want something for an exotic mysterious alien culture... humm... I will pick a hijab, there you are, she is exotic enough."

Black

Arcane
What is the status of major religions in the BT universe anyway?
Except St Blake, of course, may his HPGs light your path.

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Well, I thought it was interesting that my transgender character made no mention of using zirs butthole as a vagina....

Cael

Arcane
What is the status of major religions in the BT universe anyway?
Except St Blake, of course, may his HPGs light your path.
Pretty much the way they are today (I mean in the today of the 80s when the game came out).

Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth are space British and space Germans respectively (they even use pounds and kroners as their currency; C-Bills are Comstar currency). Christianity is massive in those states. The ruling houses are outright stated to be Catholics (FedSun being an offshoot of the Catholic faith while LC is the original Catholics).

Draconis Combine is basically a combination of Shinto and Buddhism, more or less, being space Japanese.

Capallen Confederation, the space Chinese, is definitely Buddhist.

Free Worlds League is Christian of some sort, with strong influences from the Romance era of chivalry and the like. They are supposed to be an amalgamation of Greek and Italian cultures.

The Clans are generally atheists. They revere the past and their ancestors, although some dabble in animism and vision quests a la Native Americans.

Islam didn't get off Earth until late due to them not wanting to lose track of where Mecca is. Trying to figure where to bow to sniff the ass of the guy in front is difficult when the direction is basically "another planet". When they eventually did, they never made it as a coherent entity and settled a few planets in the Al Nair region in what eventually became the Draconis Combine. A small group made it all the way to the Periphery past the Bandit Kingdoms and started a war with the Spanish already settled there (Umayyad Caliphate vs Neuva Castile). Those that stayed on Earth didn't make it past ComStar's invasion of Earth after Kerensky's Exodus, although they might have already been wiped out by Amaris beforehand.

Hindus are scattered as well. The Thugee branch of the faith have a stronghold in the Capallen Confed due to Romano being viewed as a Kali avatar and she in turn protecting them and using them as her personal assassins. There are also presumably groups in the Draconis Combine, with the head of the ISF (Subhash Indrahar) being a possible one (it isn't explicitly stated that he is, but it was mentioned that he had a "Hindi background", which might refer to his ethnicity rather than religion, given how obviously fucking confused Stackpole was with regards to that topic).

These are the main groups. BTech, being a "everyone is brown" kind of setting, basically said that there is a bit of everything in every "nation" or group, although how you can have lone muslims running around a sea of Christians is rather unexplained. He must have spontaneously turned to a religion that he had never heard of in his life. Truly, divine intervention was involved.

The Clans are generally atheists. They revere the past and their ancestors, although some dabble in animism and vision quests a la Native Americans.
Also Cloud Cobras, who have being religious as their major trait. They have members of pretty much every religion and a bunch of new ones and they somehow all get along. Not sure how that's meant to work. But they're a home Clan so nobody cares about them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom