Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is the level cap increased,it felt pretty low in the game?

epeli

Arcane
Updated character builder might be out as soon as this coming Friday.
"As soon as"... Christ, that specialization window has been sitting there empty for years, useful only to a small inner circle. I had highly optimistic expectations about the expansion's development schedule, didn't I?

Styg I believe you or someone in the know said that there would be significant changes to character creation. Are you giving us the option to save/load character files, and mock up characters? i.e. during char creation after you've created your level 1 person, say "go to level 20" and theory-craft how they'll advance from level 1?

edit: given how popular it is to share builds and advice, I think letting us export and import base characters would be fairly popular.

No changes to character creation. Just more feats, specializations after level 15 and veteran feats after level 25. And before anyone asks: Yes, you will get all your specialization points if you continue a high level character into Expedition.

Character export/import has always been in the game.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hating trash like Underrail has no time limit.
Mind elaborating, the reason you thought the game was trash?

Leaving things vague in your post, it's difficult to take your experience into consideration, just like someone merely saying it's "good", without adding things to reflect on. It doesn't help the developer figure out what worked, and what didn't.

I see you called it "overrated" as well. Did you try the game with that mindset?
Because starting a game you believe it's awful (due to friends comments, or whatever), before the main menu even loads, will certainly impact your final "score" for the game.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've posted here as early as 2012. I've read a 3 hour long shoutbox convo about Crispy trying to hit on cute asian girls in his store or w/e. As a true codexian, which implicitly means I correctly consider Underrail bad, not in theme, but in execution, I am offended. I don't argue in shoutbox all day about SJWs and stuff like half the degenerates that post here. I only argue about what is shit or not and the proper way to represent the rise and fall of magitech empires through true to life political and logistical game mechanics while still being fun.

Welcome back Roqua!

I missed your senile rambling! :hug:

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Hating trash like Underrail has no time limit.
Mind elaborating, the reason you thought the game was trash?

Leaving things vague in your post, it's difficult to take your experience into consideration, just like someone merely saying it's "good", without adding things to reflect on. It doesn't help the developer figure out what worked, and what didn't.

I see you called it "overrated" as well. Did you try the game with that mindset?
Because starting a game you believe it's awful (due to friends comments, or whatever), before the main menu even loads, will certainly impact your final "score" for the game.
-broken combat of one-trick of your char works everywhere, just like poe1 but single char, repeat till you go insane
-balance whack, from chars to econ
-char building consist of building something that sucks into something usable
-no quests to speak of, that arent a very straight line
-mandatory crafting that does the balance no favors
-idiotic mandatory realtime timesinks, ive got places to be chicks to fuck and checks to collect, i am NOT watching chars move EVER EVER and have not done so since the unfixable state of NES games
-banal shit boring caves and railtracks

Its actually you who has to explain why you like killing rats.

The game has 2.5 good things going for it.
1. its different
2. "weird" aesthetics
0.5. the famous explorashun

Larper scum of the world - UNITE!

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
balance whack, from chars to econ

char building consist of building something that sucks into something usable
So you tried every possible character build, is what you're saying? :?
Or you were just unlucky to create bad P.C., in that playthrough? It could be the case, and that's always a risk with the freedom the developer has given to their players, in the customization (stats, skills, etc) of the character. I made
disastrous character for example, in another game (in Diablo II), but I realized the fault was on my hands, so I was responsible for the miserable existence of said character. :lol:

no quests to speak of, that arent a very straight line
A shame it wasn't to your liking. Just take into consideration how small the company is, before throwing into the mud for not satisfying your expectations. Maybe that was improved, in the expansion, who knows?

idiotic mandatory realtime timesinks, ive got places to be chicks to fuck and checks to collect, i am NOT watching chars move EVER EVER and have not done so since the unfixable state of NES games
Unplayable, time to uninstall.

Its actually you who has to explain why you like killing rats.
Have you destroyed Keeng Ra'at and his kin with dynamite, in Fallout 2, or stabbed blood-thirsty rats that (literally) kick your ballsack, in Arcanum?

The game has 2.5 good things going for it.
:nocountryforshitposters:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see speedhack retards are multiplying in this topic. The ones that played Underrail with rocket boots are now joined by those that didn't want to play it at all because of lack of rocket boots that are part of the game.
Both of you can fuck off from Underrail as far as I am concerned and go play whatever phone game makes your ADHD go kaboom instead.

Unless you are a true fan of this game (that ends at a certain elevator like everyone knows) you got no place here :P

I leave this topic for few days and it is taken over immediately.

I now miss the times where only retards in here were the AoD fanboys.

I see speedhack retards are multiplying in this topic. The ones that played Underrail with rocket boots are now joined by those that didn't want to play it at all because of lack of rocket boots that are part of the game.
Both of you can fuck off from Underrail as far as I am concerned and go play whatever phone game makes your ADHD go kaboom instead.
Well, Styg seems to think the people who want the game to be faster have a point, so it seems like you're the one who should be fucking off. He's choosing to cater to them over you. It's their game now.

Okay, okay, how about a distraction? The character builder has the expedition content available for everyone now. Go look at the new feats instead of talking about speed up.

Sykar

Arcane
Okay, okay, how about a distraction? The character builder has the expedition content available for everyone now. Go look at the new feats instead of talking about speed up.

Can somebody explain to me what the use of Shooting Spree is? First time I use Snipe I will not have Aimed Shot on CD, ever. By the time I can restealth and Snipe the battle is usually over anyway.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Can somebody explain to me what the use of Shooting Spree is? First time I use Snipe I will not have Aimed Shot on CD, ever. By the time I can restealth and Snipe the battle is usually over anyway.
It won't do anything on the starting Snipe since Aimed Shot won't be on cooldown at that time, true. That said, it will reduce the cooldown on every subsequent kill if Aimed Shot is on cooldown, including Aimed Shot kills. So, if you do kill someone with Aimed Shot (as happens in most cases, unless you miss) the cooldown will only be 2 turns, not 3. Also, it gives a better incentive to actually kill enemies with regular sniper rifle attacks, which can be pretty strong actually, especially if you have decent crit chance.

It's a really good feat. At average, it means you can use Aimed Shot every 2 turns. With a bit of luck, maybe even each turn for 2 or 3 turns in a row. And that's without Limited Temporal Increment.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Good for pure Sniper, not so sure my new PSI/Sniper hybrid can make much use of it
It's definitely better for pure snipers since they don't have that many things to do other than shooting, but even for your hybrid it means the Aimed Shot's cooldown will be 2 instead of 3 most of the time. That's not to be underestimated.

Parabalus

Arcane
How did crafting requirements get affected, i.e. how much higher do component qualities go with the expansion?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Unless you are a true fan of this game (that ends at a certain elevator like everyone knows) you got no place here :P

I leave this topic for few days and it is taken over immediately.

I now miss the times where only retards in here were the AoD fanboys.
Why not use speedhack to make the game slower?! That way you can spend 5 hours to walk a few inches, like real men! Totally sane, yeppers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom