Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Lilura's blog becomes number one BG3 info channel - 1 zillion daily visitors

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
was bored

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
meh this thread is just so boring that I’m just shitposting most of the time

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You still maintain that it is an RPG and not an adventure game, so I think Vault Dweller wins this one.

I'm sorry. Vault Dweller is a monocled poster who should have remained a moderator here, but my criticisms of BG2 have been more scathing.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Meh,and infinity engine games are a wannabe tactical games

What makes you think I would disagree with that? Are you forgetting that you are speaking to a Jagged Alliance 2 and ToEE veteran?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Hopefully any further Lilura blog advertisement gets dumped here as well.

Most of this thread consists of Agents of Decline trying to sell me Poncefinder: Cuckmaker. Just fuck off with that shit, please. You're speaking to a Fallout, ToEE, Jagged Alliance 2 and Infinity Engine veteran. With the exception of BG3, I'm not interested in the current gen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhhh Infinitron why are you so annal about this shit is beyond me. It is not like there is anything of real value in the BG3 thread anyway. It have a shitty trailer of a tentacle hentai dude and like bazillion pages of shit posting.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Hopefully any further Lilura blog advertisement gets dumped here as well.

Most of this thread consists of Agents of Decline trying to sell me Poncefinder: Cuckmaker. Just fuck off with that shit, please. You're speaking to a Fallout, ToEE, Jagged Alliance 2 and Infinity Engine veteran. With the exception of BG3, I'm not interested in the current gen.
Maybe because Kingmaker is better than BG1 and you would know that if you would bother to play it.

Oh wait, it’s just another shitty knockoff.

I don’t understand you’re logic and probably never will.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't give a shit if Lilura likes Kingmaker or not. Or Underrail. But liking SoD with its only redeeming feature being "it has a good combat for an Infinity Engine game" makes zero sense if you put it next to pretentious reasons for not liking Kingmaker and Underrail.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kingmaker is definitely better than IWD2.

Wrong.

It was very buggy at release but not nearly as bad as VtMB

VtMB is a bug-ridden popamole for hipsters, yet I'd still replay it over Poncefinder: Cuckmaker. In fact, I almost did replay it. But then I thought, nah, Jagged Alliance 2 deserves more coverage, so I've resumed my authoritative write-up for the GOAT, instead.

I only played IWD2 once, and I've played Kingmaker twice so far - but am waiting for the final edition before I complete it. So can't really compare the two. I'll say this though (bug riddled or not)...
those Russians made sure they got stealth working before they released their game!
:smug:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't give a shit if Lilura likes Kingmaker or not. Or Underrail. But liking SoD with its only redeeming feature being "it has a good combat for an Infinity Engine game" makes zero sense if you put it next to pretentious reasons for not liking Kingmaker and Underrail.

Ofc it makes 0 sense, until you realize she was getting "Doritos" at the time from Beamdog.

Despite this, and her retarded opinion on PS:T, I like her blog.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
With the exception of BG3, I'm not interested in the current gen.
Other than the name, what could possibly be the draw for BG3, there is a zero percent chance it will be good. Larian suck at writing and have flat-out said they aren't going to be faithful to PnP rules.
Play Kingmaker or don't, I don't give a shit, but it's a much better Baldur's Gate/IE successor than whatever turd Larian's gonna squeeze out (and much better than SoD, too, for that matter).

Saduj

Arcane
The one button from the expanded set that I’ve been jealous about not having is the “autism” button.

And this is thread makes me miss it more than any other thread I’ve ever read here.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Other than the name, what could possibly be the draw for BG3

BG3 commentary makes me bigger, fullstop. Also results in increased viewership of my preexisting King Content. For the specific content I've targeted, only Steam outranks me or I'm no.1. Once the preexisting is employed as leverage, I have a chance to repeat that success with BG3. Since my content is ads-free, bereft of donate begging, and doesn't piggyback on, reach out to or acknowledge any authority above myself in terms of commentary, I have cause to adjust my monocle and look down my nose at those who criticize me.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don’t understand your logic and probably never will.

Simple: it jeopardizes the echo chamber and the "write-ups".

P:K is a pretty big game. Who has time to play that many hours? Explore that many classes? Go through all the kingdom decisions and ramifications? Explore all the companion stories? Analyze everything?

... and then compare that with the older games?

It's a titanic effort. And who wants to do effort?
It's much simpler to toss it aside - say it is a weak title, and keep coasting on the knowledge you've slowly accumulated on 20 year-old games. :)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Well, it looks like someone has half a brain. In terms of commentary, diversity isn't strength: it's weakness. Generalist commentators, in covering everything, end up with an authority on nothing.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
As long as it stays in this containment thread, I really don't mind.

Good to know that you get butthurt every time you see a hyperlink. I'll self-cite wherever and whenever I like. It's my right as a contributor. If you don't like it, then you can go and get fucked.

Also, if you think I'll contain my self-citations to a shit-thread like this, I've got news for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom