Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft....cartooned.....

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Finally I can see what is actually happening on a Starcraft map!
Actually yes, Stracraft had rather non-contrast gray palette and noisy "realistic" graphics with units actually blending into landscape, beside the desert tileset, where orange background gave relatively good contrast against gray units. There were even high contrast cheats/hacks. So now it is more suited for cybersports.

Back when it was created, there was no such a thing as 'esports' or 'cybersports', it was just made as a good game with good artstyle that was slaughtered!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Imagine paying 10 bux for some Newgrounds shit.

Well, imagine thinking you could sell some Newgrounds shit.

Thing is, you should never underestimate the stupidity of Blizztards.

Just two examples from the battlenet forums:
One guy was proudly bragging how he bought Diablo 2 10 times so he can connect multiple characters to store items.
And I was getting sarcastic replies when I pointed out a spelling error in one of the Starcraft mission briefings. I wasn't even going all Codex about it (no "learn to spell" or anything like that), just reported it together with a screenshot and they were like "what's the big deal?" and "wow so terrible!". I could almost see them rolling their eyes between swallowing mouthfuls of Mountain Dew drenched Doritos.

Last edited:
Unwanted

NikitaSdkov

Unwanted
Possibly Retarded
Boycott Blizzard SJWs!
Buy Russian made Starcraft clone: https://store.steampowered.com/app/633660/Onimod_Land/?l=russian
Death to the greedy capitalist pigs! For our dear cumrade Putin!

qt6x9pe.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
Any cat would disagree to that.
Toys are only fun if they're still twitching.

Cats are practicing their capture and keep moves on something on their terms rather than not and possibly allowing prey to escape their clutches at a time when they can't afford a meal to. It's the reason why house cats will do it even after eating so they can practice without risk.

It's a reason why Cheetah's don't do too well. They can't really practice given their pursuit style of hunting, and if they miss too much prey, they've expended so much energy doing they may be too exhausted from lack of food to keep doing it, and so can't catch anything and stavre to death. They live by a very narrow margin with a low catch rate at the best of times, and like pandas, have never done well on their own even without human beings around putting on added pressure.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I never played Carbot mod, but I watched some games on youtube and thought it was p. cool. Obviously I play the normal grimdark version.

It does not look the same....... if the units looked like the ones in real starcraft, then maybe someone could justify this existing..... but everything looks totaly different and not like starcraft, but like a 5 year old would make a doodling of 'my 1st starcraft'

deama

Prophet
Too bad they didn't change the music to fit the new artstyle.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Carbot is generally a stand-up guy who knows his Blizzard games and ridldes his videos with an insane amount of small little references to the games at hand, it's especially evident in his first Diablo spoof. I figure most Codexers would have a laugh at Brood War in a nutshell, too. Or this one about pathfinding.

Anyway, the reason this is made for SC1 is because sprite-based graphics of the original make it much easier to make a new set of 2D animations to it. There used to be a mod for SC2 that let you play with Carbot graphics, but it only worked on very select maps and took a shitload of time to make, whereas this is a complete graphical overhaul.
Starcraft has never been updated, they even made a sequel and it was EXACTLY THE SAME GAME.
Starcraft has received balance patches until around 2002, the release of Remastered included a free-to-use ability to switch hotkeys to your liking and fixed a bug that made Valkyrie useless, particularly in large team games. Furthermore, StarCraft 2 isn't anywhere near the same game as the original, not any more than, say, Company of Heroes 2 is to its own original. There are different units, dynamics between races, overall flow of the gameplay, and even attitude towards patching as BW is largely updated solely by the community and SC2 receives cyclical balance patches released by Blizzard itself.
Who cares about a story in a multiplayer game that's all about how fast you bash buttons, to such an extent that they invented a term for it?
"Gookclick", if you're referring to that, is not reflective of what it takes to be the top contender in either Starcraft game. It's a meaningless, pejorative term.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom