Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

I’m getting very triggered by some of the people posting in this thread. Fucking Dunning-Krueger effect. Google it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah, options in difficulty is a mistake. Casuals simply don't use them.

Although without options they'd pick one too high for them and bitch it's too difficult cause poison damages dex or something without option to turn permanent damage off. With options they'd miss the option or bitch it doesn't give them achivos or something.

It's really a fight you cannot win.

RPGs were a mistake.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
He even suggested an option to remove effects on resting( that was in the game )? I played PfK on custom difficulty. Most of his complains could be resolved just by playing on custom difficulty. But no

This is why devs dont bother with custom difficulties, and easy difficulty has become the new 'normal' standard setting. Because these degenerate Mongoloid Youtubers and their mouth-breathing audience are incapable of any cognitive function beyond clicking new game... But they can rant for four hours about how the game design is shit.

Yes, IMO if they had renamed the easy to "normal" and "normal" to "pathfinder veteran", they will get much better reviews. Sure, some dumb jounralists will still give 6/10 because "i can't kill an insect swarm with my poleaxe in an completely optional quest"

But no, he cries from minutes about how "this perma effects doesn't work on video games"(note : Might & Magic VI-VII had this perma effects and stone to flesh spell has an limit on game time to be able to revert the petrify condition) and i laughed when he said about sleep to change spells, cure blindness and re sleep again when he could just use an scroll or >

45OZHDk.jpg

If he believes that this mechanic "doesn't work in a video game", he could just played on the custom difficulty setting. So the guys who wanna an more pnp experience could enjoy the game and those who don't like perma effects can enjoy the gme.I an awful at kingdom management, but just play the kingdom management in lowest difficulty. I din't complain and honestly don't know how much pnp-like the kingdom management is.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
considering reviewers dont complete the games... it was entirely possible they give high points for first 2 chapterss

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Do you people just not remember how fucked the game was on launch? If a reviewer back then gave it a 10/10 they were lying, seriously

My first run(sorcerer of silver draconic bloodline) got an awful gameberaking bug on Pitax, but on earlier parts of the game, i din't suffered much from bugs.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I remember I got a bug after Trobold that erased all my party members somehow, lol

Plus a lot of stuff simply did not work, including many of the domain powers. Some other feats and class features were similarly broken or unfinished.

Codex Year of the Donut
Do you people just not remember how fucked the game was on launch? If a reviewer back then gave it a 10/10 they were lying, seriously
game is bugged beyond playable, most of the quests in my log can't be finished now
steam should be forced to mark this as an early access title even if the developers disagree, it's not a finished product
enhanced edition? how about they finish making the regular game first?

Codex Year of the Donut
The only reason I'm even respeccing
ahem
Let's hope not, but given how they've already shown to prioritize being liked over making a good game, I'd be surprised if the retard-brigade doesn't get their "press here to undo every choice made" at some point.
It's not a difficulty issue you paste-eating piece of shit, and nothing I said implied that it was. Games come with certain design elements that change how they are played and affects how the game is made . If you don't understand something as simple as that, you should just uninstall yourself right now.
But there is no place for decline-enabling respec-niggers anywhere on this the gods green Earth, and no other solution than the wholesale genocide of their entire breed. The same goes for their compass-jew and fast travel-faggot kin, who all have proven equally uneducateable.
I can't imagine being so tempted to abuse game mechanics just because they're there. I'm glad I'm not a snownigger.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Edit: While we're talking companion builds, any thoughts on Jubilost? I just dumped item creation feats on him (since he had Knowledge Arcana and full caster level) after seeing how craptastic the spell options for alchemists were in this game and how badly he's screwed by the encounter design favoring more encounters instead of fewer high power ones.
This has got to be the most retarded thing I've read in this whole damn thread, not counting the obvious trolls. Congrats

ArchAngel

Arcane
Her biggest issue is that inquisitor is a fairly weak class, easily the lamest of the medium BAB 6th level spells classes, and has no other need for charisma. As an Oracle (with appropriate ability distribution) she'd be awesome, and downright insane if she was built so she ignored two ability scores (which you could do if you could play something without con in PF).
I don't agree. In my evil campaign she was my main tank and she did that job better than Valerie. Yea she ended up with few AC less at endgame but she had better touch AC and she was immune to 90% of CC.

Also Charisma gives her bonus HP (like all undead) and I think even bonus to fort save.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didnt you know? Level 20 Casters hang out in every city and absolutley wait for THAT alchemist to show up just to sell them one potion for cheap.

deuxhero

Arcane
What's your point?
... you can just say you want a potion with 20 CL and buy it in any city ...
Not only do you have PnP autism, but apparently your PnP games are absolute and utter shit.

That's the RAW for shopping. It's under a certain cost so you can buy it in any city with more than that as its max cost. It may not make sense, but anything else is house rules. Besides that, there's so many ways to boost CL temporarily it doesn't actually require a level 20 caster make it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the RAW for shopping. It's under a certain cost so you can buy it in any city with more than that as its max cost. It may not make sense, but anything else is house rules. Besides that, there's so many ways to boost CL temporarily it doesn't actually require a level 20 caster make it.

Whilst this is correct, most PF games I've played the GM has applied some discretion to what you can get, even in big cities.

Worst case you just get the item crafted by an NPC.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Mildly cool realization: You can dual-wield darts. Not that you'll ever have enough feats to grab both enough ranged feats and the dual-wield feats to make it effective, but still.
Worst case you just get the item crafted by an NPC.
Good luck with that in the Stolen Lands. :argh:

deuxhero

Arcane
You could always dual wield throwing weapons and apply rapid shot. Problems were this stacks the attack penalties for both, it requires both dexterity and strength because brutal throw isn't a thing in PF and it requires magic items to throw. The last one isn't an issue in Kingmaker due to thrown weapons being an infinite stack of such weapons, but the others apply. If you want to do it you need bonus feats and extra damage per hit to make those rapid attacks mean something, which means you should either do Slayer (Studied Target+Sneak Attack and can grab extra feats prerequisite free, plus talents can be dropped into extra feats since combat trick can be taken multiple times here) or Fighter (Weapon Training+Weapon Specialization+Gloves of Dueling and a bunch of extra feats)

That's the RAW for shopping.
[citation needed] + RAWtism confirmed.
Imagine playing games devoid of context.

Core Rulebook Page 460 said:
The number and types of magic items available in a community depend upon its size. Each community has a base value associated with it (see Table 15–1). There is a 75% chance that any item of that value or lower can be found for sale with little effort in that community.

Should it have said the spellcasting section can limit it as well? Yes. However you can't discuss a system while assuming the GM house rules everything stupid about it because you're not going to be discussing the same system anymore.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Should it have said the spellcasting section can limit it as well? Yes. However you can't discuss a system while assuming the GM house rules everything stupid about it because you're not going to be discussing the same system anymore.
See, this is what separates the RAWtist from a reasonable human being. RAW is the default assumption that we all have to share in order for fruitful conversation and gameplay to happen. But there's also the real, de facto application of the rules, and simply assuming that something is true without any GM input whatsoever is beyond fucking stupid. It's not a matter of "houseruling", it's a matter of useless theorycrafting based upon a "RAW" that doesn't exist in practice and which you can never assume a potential game is going to adhere to.

Further and more importantly, this isn't actually RAW at all, and your reading is deliberately deceptive at best. In fact, the section makes it abundantly clear that these are not intended as hard rules in any way whatsoever. It is impossible to read what you cited without also having seen the introduction to the section, which plainly states that it's deliberately left up to the GM:

a1c3Kga.png

And even if we were to RAWtistically stick to the tables and guidelines, which are far from clear-cut and more hassle than I've ever seen any DM go through for any game, there's no guarantee whatsoever that the potions would be there. A Spelllvl 3 Castlvl 20 potion costs 3000 credits, which means that we would need to be in a "Small City", and even then, there'd just be a 75% chance to find even one. But more to the point, it also means that there's a level 20 caster (or equivalent) somewhere that is churning out these castlvl 20 potions that you can somehow "just say you want" and "buy it in any city", and selling them to some fucking noname shithole in the Stolen Lands.

Any DM that plays by the "omnipresent magic-mart" principle should be barred from the hobby.

deuxhero

Arcane
Page 9, the intro, says everything in the book is a suggestion. Again, it's not that that's how the rules should be, it's how they are and if you assume something other than the rules will be used we're not discussing the same game.

Alchemical Allocation is still really fucking good regardless. Even if you just use your built in brew potion and pay to hire a spellcaster for the one day to craft non-Alchemist spell potions, it's still really good.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Page 9, the intro, says everything in the book is a suggestion.
Ignoring the "everything is rule 0 lmao niggah just make your own rules nigger everything is either full RAW or no rules matter lmao", which is utter fucking nonsense in its own right, Page 9 doesn't actually say that at all. What it does make is a clear distinction between the rules as presented, clarifying that a GM can come up with house rules as they see fit, and that the purpose of the rules are to make the game easy and exciting. It doesn't actually say anything at all along the lines of "the rules are just a suggestion", it actually makes a clear distinction between the rules and whatever you can come up with, going so far as to say that rules changes should be discussed with the group.
Again, it's not that that's how the rules should be, it's how they are and if you assume something other than the rules will be used we're not discussing the same game.
There's two idiocies in this sentence. First of all, as the book makes abundantly clear that what you keep referring to how "the rules ... are" are not in fact rules, but are explicitly guidelines. Second, and still more importantly, is the fact that nobody can be reasonably assumed to adhere to these guidelines in full. You try to equate it to, say, the Fighter getting bonus combat feats, or the Discoveries of the Alchemist - things that are managed in explicit rules text and are part of what players of the game(s) must assume to be true in order to be "discussing the same game". Even if this would be an actual rule, only a complete retard and a hardcore autist would plainly assume that something like that can be depended upon in any way, given how uncertain such circumstances are by their very nature, in any roleplaying game.
Alchemical Allocation is still really fucking good regardless. Even if you just use your built in brew potion and pay to hire a spellcaster for the one day to craft non-Alchemist spell potions, it's still really good.
Oh, yeah, it's pretty damn amazing, especially mid-levels, in the PnP, but it'd be useless in the CRPG, because potions themselves are pretty meh, because the selection is limited, Spelllvl 3 maximum, and (almost) all have the lowest possible Castlvl for the Spelllvl needed. I was considering grabbing the Discoveries that allow you to drink potions at your own spellvl, and have them be Extended, but unless you're a Chiurgeon or something, it's just not worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom