Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
baud already posted the Anu armor from the latest devblog update, but looks like no one bothered to post the rest

I was too lazy to check if it had already been posted. I posted that armor because it was the only that had a non-scifi look, which is a welcome change.

Mustawd

Lots of people ITT called the delay.

But just 3 months? Still seems like it needs more time than that, but ofc it’ll have to ship by Christmas.

xmd1997

Educated
THE MUTATIONS OF ANU
In our last update, we revealed the Synedrion classes and some of their technology. In this update, we will be focusing on another of our factions, the Disciples of Anu. We know many of you have been eagerly anticipating this faction, and we’re excited to show you the Disciples of Anu and their visually unusual look.

The Assault
During the last update we gave a little teaser of the Disciples of the Anu Assault class armor. Just in case you missed the update, here’s a little reminder.

The Disciples of Anu Assault.

Assault.png

The Disciples of Anu Assault.

The Assault class is the reliable foot soldier of Phoenix Point and is the only class available to every faction. Much of the Disciples’ culture revolves around religious devotion and ceremony. The Disciples take on a very ornate appearance to their armor and weapons, such as the revolver-shotgun pictured below.

The Disciples of Anu’s Revolver-Shotgun

de2996ac7629b535c31a1859bcec5c74.png

The Disciples of Anu’s Revolver-Shotgun

Because the Disciples have such a close affinity with the Pandoravirus, they have the ability to embrace mutations to create new classes and also gain some interesting abilities.

The Priest
One such mutation allows completely changes the soldier head, and leads to the creation of the Priest class. The Priest has a proficiency for viral weaponry, but also has a few neat tricks up his sleeve (or maybe that’s under his hat?). Either way, the Priest’s mutated head allows him to take control over Mutogs, the large mutated quadrupeds that fit somewhere between a pet and a deadly weapon for the Disciples.

The Disciples of Anu Priest class

Priest.png

The Disciples of Anu Priest class

Priests can have several variations to the mutated head, giving them several abilities including the power to locate enemies in the area that others have not yet spotted, hiding their allies from the alien’s perception for a turn, and even absorbing the Pandoravirus mist to boost their Will Points.

If they’re caught in a bind, Priests can also perform a devastating, area-of-effect Psychic Blast to all enemies in range.

Some of the Priest head mutation variations

heads.jpg

Some of the Priest head mutation variations

Other sets of mutations can also create other subclasses of the Priest.

The Berserker
The Disciples of Anu Berserker class can have a number of different mutations to give them a variety of bonuses in combat. The prefer to use melee weapons and handguns.

Berserker armor

BP_F_04.jpg

Berserker armor

Berserkers are formidable in close quarters combat. They have the ability to automatically attack an enemy that enters or attacks from within melee range, they can damage enemy armor when using a proficient weapon and apply virus damage to enemies when attacked in melee.

They have a Bloodlust ability allowing them to gain Will Points when they inflict or receive melee damage, along with a very powerful triple melee strike on the same target.

Other Mutations
These mutations and more will be available to Phoenix Project, provided it develops the appropriate relationships and technology. Some of the other mutation variations for soldiers are pictured below - but we’re not going to spoil what they do here. We will leave it up to you to discover those for yourself.

Mutation+1.png

Mutation+2.png

Mutation+3.png

Development Progress
We know that you’re all eager to get your hands on the release version of Phoenix Point and we’re all just as excited for that to happen. In the next update, we’ll be taking a look at where we are in development and what we’re working on currently.

If you didn’t see it, here’s our latest update on the final release of Phoenix Point, which we have moved to December of 2019.

We thank you again for being so patient with us while we strive to make Phoenix Point the best it can possibly be and deliver the game you deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh, I was looking forward to playing it soon.. I guess this means I now need to install and play LW Rebalanced.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This unexpected, uncalled for, and sincerely surprising delay is due to the fact that Snapshot is helping Epic with the great challenge of the shopping cart implementation, which is still in pre-alpha and seriously lacking in pads.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
THE MUTATIONS OF ANU
In our last update, we revealed the Synedrion classes and some of their technology. In this update, we will be focusing on another of our factions, the Disciples of Anu. We know many of you have been eagerly anticipating this faction, and we’re excited to show you the Disciples of Anu and their visually unusual look.
I don't think I've seen uglier armors. Holy bananas.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
No chance PP is worse than nuXcom. nuXcom is barely playable without mods.
Latest footage of PP already shows a better game than vanilla nuXcom or nuXcom 2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Latest footage of PP already shows a better game than vanilla nuXcom or nuXcom 2.

The "barely playable" game is considered one of the best strategy games of the last decade by the way.
I don't care what morons of the world consider best. Those same morons also think Avatar and Titanic are one of the best movies ever. Or consider Skyrim and Fallout 4 one of the best RPGs.

Mazisky

Magister

The "barely playable" game is considered one of the best strategy games of the last decade by the way.
I don't care what morons of the world consider best. Those same morons also think Avatar and Titanic are one of the best movies ever. Or consider Skyrim and Fallout 4 one of the best RPGs.

I play games since '92 and Ufo defense was my first strategy game i've ever played along with Dune 2.

I played and loved almost all strategy games in 25 years and i still think Xcom 2 is the best strategy game of the last decade, even with its flaws.

luinthoron

Learned
The Anu mutations sure are strong, the sniper's claw goes right through his rifle...

Too bad they haven't got you in their team, the best world game designer with a huge resume made of whining in forums.
Eh, I don't think one joking comment is worth to be called a "huge resume". But feel free to apply yourself, you seem to be well-versed in this art.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I play games since '92 and Ufo defense was my first strategy game i've ever played along with Dune 2.

I played and loved almost all strategy games in 25 years and i still think Xcom 2 is the best strategy game of the last decade, even with its flaws.
I am sorry to hear that. I hope you recover from that brain injury.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom