Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Her Majesty's Ship - 18th century warship management

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Maybe you'd be more pleased if they had cutesy bobble heads like in Bomber Crew. How the hell do you even notice what "aesthetic" they're using? Are you zooming in as close as possible all the time? That's not how the game is played.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I played another game of this, and wondered if I would notice the terrible problems with "lego graphics" or whatever the fuck. Well... no... I didn't. You have to try really hard, ignoring the tutorials and gameplay, in order to play the game zoomed in to a level where you can have any opinion about how individual sailors are drawn. I dare anyone to win the game at midshipman level while being zoomed in so close that the art style bothers you. Please prove me wrong about that.

This is the Codex, so I expect everyone to be on the spectrum, but can we shoot for the high-functioning end of it at least? Make up your fucking minds. You can't claim that the world went downhill when Commodore 64s became obsolete and then at the same time bitch about a modern game because they didn't hire 50 artists to depict the droplets that some sailor failed to shake off his dick at urinal in 1800.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I went on vacation, came back expecting a torrent of criticism from your spergs and... nothing? Honestly I don't get this. I like his game and the last one (never played Vietnam '65) but I don't have a dog in this fight. Was your reaction just being contrarian to show how each other how edgy you are for the sake of the codex? (One might almost call that "virtue signalling".)

Specifically about the graphics, I would like to challenge someone to record playing the game where they're, you know, actually playing the game. Stream that shit for us. Let's see what in the graphics style offends you, *while you're actually playing the fucking game*. That's what it's all about, right? Or am I being too naive about who really makes up the population here?

fastjack

Augur
I looked forward to this, and I had no fun at all with it. It reminds me of Convoy, where it wants to copy FTL but doesn't seem concerned with whether any of the fun makes it through the copying process.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Someone is making quite similar looking game about pirates.

There's demo available that i haven't tried yet.

Some gameplay video

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom