Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fucking whiners. Speed was good as it was.
i remember walking was so slow i just watch youtube or browse reddit while my character go to one map to the other
That is how you were supposed to play. It was a game for people with 2 monitors. You watch something else on other monitor while you travel. It is not a game for console and phone peasants.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
How the fuck do I decide what build to play on Monday?
UBgzmym.png

Its the 2 new things

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Goddammit. The idea of using a shield and sword is just too goddamn tempting! UGH!!!

Edit: Feats
  • Opportunist
  • Doctor
  • Juggernaut
  • Shield Arm
  • Thick Skull
  • Vile Weaponry
  • Weaponsmith
  • Flurry
  • Parry
  • Cheap Shots
  • Decapitate
  • Expose Weakness
  • Riposte
  • Guard
  • Taste for Blood
  • Boarding Up
  • Onslaught

I need more! Feats for Survival Instincts! Critical Power! Dirty Kick!

Any ideas what I should give up?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
epeli

Thanks for adding Neural Overload mechanics to the wiki, really nice.

What are the max enemy resolve values on DOMINATING?
Also, does Hypothermia do more damage on DOM, particularly vs bosses, due to the % hp increase?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh,assault rifle supremacist here,with some thieving abilities. I never got why people say that crafting is a viable character build,the items you make are not that better because of the lack of good materials. Are you going for traps and shit?

Parabalus

Arcane
Meh,assault rifle supremacist here,with some thieving abilities. I never got why people say that crafting is a viable character build,the items you make are not that better because of the lack of good materials. Are you going for traps and shit?

You can make shields with almost 2k capacity, never found anything close to it. Or stuff like single school headbands with 2 bonus components. The good drugs are also very rare drops.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I never got why people say that crafting is a viable character build,the items you make are not that better because of the lack of good materials. Are you going for traps and shit?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Gun-crafting will always be superior, due to stuff like smart modules.
Plus shields with obscene capacity.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I never got why people say that crafting is a viable character build,the items you make are not that better because of the lack of good materials. Are you going for traps and shit?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Gun-crafting will always be superior, due to stuff like smart modules.
Plus shields with obscene capacity.
I never find a big difference in damage output. You get a few points of damage more and that it is. I am not saying that they are not better,but that it is not worth all the points in it. For the shield....i don't remember.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The good drugs are also very rare drops.
I almost never use consumables in such games so it doesn't matter for me.

Probably depends on the difficulty and the build you're using, they're pretty handy.
I am not denying they handiness,it is personal preference. I do pop them up in some very hard battles like the protectorate's hq. I could be mistaking their name tho. There was a lot of fucking bastards there,and even mechs,phew.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I never find a big difference in damage output. You get a few points of damage more and that it is.
Dude, smart modules can give like +50% additional dmg.
Not to mention rapid reloaders, which can get you extra burst from SMGs.

And consumables like adrenaline shots can trivialize lots of tougher fights.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Parabalus

Arcane
Before the infused leather nerfs my crafted gloves were like triple the base damage of looted ones.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I almost never use consumables in such games so it doesn't matter for me.
I never find a big difference in damage output.
Concentrated Bulgarian. Not enough dumbfuck tags.
Drugs literally double damage and craft was close to doubling dmg before the AR burst and craft nerfs.
I see that you haven't picked reading comprehension as a feat. We were talking about crafting a not if drugs double your damage dipshit. Also don't care what difference was 10 patches ago. It looks like you are in need of a nice village idiot tag......nah that would just make you more recognizable.

Parabalus

Arcane
Are the specialization bonuses to feats additive or multiplicative? All additive makes sense, but the efficiency per point is then all over the place.

I never find a big difference in damage output. You get a few points of damage more and that it is. I am not saying that they are not better,but that it is not worth all the points in it. For the shield....i don't remember.
Crafting unlocks a lot of options which you just can't get otherwise. Do you want a sniper rifle that can fire more than once per turn without using blitz/adrenaline? It's crafting only (except for the SVD, but it has no scope and is far too weak for lategame). Do you want siphoner or infused leather armour? Crafting only. Do you want health regen or a discount on psi powers on your armour? Crafting only. Do you want titanium melee weapons for that lower AP cost? Crafting only.
There are lots of nice things which you can only get from crafting. And if you find high quality parts you can make better equipment which is better than the stuff you find/buy. And then there's the convenience factor of just having to find the individual parts instead of hoping you find a premade item with all the mods you want too. Crafting is pretty good.
Also chemistry is insane earlygame. You can make higher tier grenades way earlier than you can find/buy them, and they cost you less too. Spamming Mk 3 grenades by Junkyard is almost cheating.

PsychoFox

Educated
UnderRail is still a fantastic game. I have a couple of questions for the experts though:

1. How can i repair armor pieces? I know how to repair weapons with mechanical/electrical repair kits but i can't find a similar items for armor.
2. How do i put attachments on my sniper rifle? I want to put a smart lens on it, but for the life of me i can't figure it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom