Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Modron

Arcane
Wut played both Edna and Harvey games on my win 10 machine just fine... and even older daedalic games.

Did you literally have no problem or did you have problem but found a solution? The game is unplayable for me and apparently others going by the Steam forums. It's the first game I've given up on in ages, nothing worked.
No problem whatsoever, installed the the first Edna and Harvey game just to confirm nothing changed since and it ran fine. Granted this was steam so maybe gog just doesn't install the Java Runtime environment 1.8 it needs or my special technique of forgetting to update drivers for half a decade pays off again as older game runs just fine.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They might actually pull this off. Good for them.

I received the invite yesterday, and I took a look at it. And it actually works pretty well for the basic install and library functions even in beta stage. It has cool boxarts, not the stupid GOG library boxarts, which is an additional plus. Then I deleted it because I realised that I only use one client, the Steam one. But if someone wants to integrate all of their libraries, it's pretty cool.

axx

Savant
They might actually pull this off. Good for them.

I received the invite yesterday, and I took a look at it. And it actually works pretty well for the basic install and library functions even in beta stage. It has cool boxarts, not the stupid GOG library boxarts, which is an additional plus. Then I deleted it because I realised that I only use one client, the Steam one. But if someone wants to integrate all of their libraries, it's pretty cool.

I seem to recall you were compaining about Steam in one of your episodes years ago. Then again GOG did terminate your affiliate status, so yeah...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How good is Kingdom Come's DLC? I keep waiting for a decent sale on the "royal edition" but it doesn't seem to be happening soon. Might just get the basic one.

SpaceGhost

Barely Literate
Didn't the GOG people once say something about sales devaluing games, which is why they didn't want them? That sure fell through. Glad it did though.

Soon the promises of a Cyberpunk 2077 being an RPG will also fall through. Won't be so glad about that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Retro re-release from Activision, Sierra/Dynamix's turn-based mech strategy MissionForce: CyberStorm: https://af.gog.com/game/missionforce_cyberstorm?as=1649904300

710c7b95b573891744bf2473acc8cda3e404214a127ea4bdabb8c02ed47b8472.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Removal

Scholar
huh, never thought I'd see Cyberstorm on gog
maybe my dreams of them getting the rest of MetalTech might happen

edit: looks like HiRez nuked tribesuniverse where they were giving away all the old metaltech games for free

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Got Rex Nebular and Bloodnet along with the Underrail expansion. They're from juuuuust before my time and never played them, probably never will honestly, but for $1.50 why not.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was wondering when will we finally see some actual good old games and we got CyberStorm, bought it instantly.

Now I still want Cave Wars, Civil War Generals 2 and Star General.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
GOG doesn't even have the clout to get old Bethesda titles any more. Let that sink in for a minute. That's like getting turned down by the fat drunk chick at the party. Did Poland run out of potatoes to barter?

Other than licensed shit they sure can't sell like Terminator, not sure what else you'd want on there? Unless you mean "older" Bethesda titles like Dishonored, which yeah that would be nice to see.

Endemic

Arcane
It already had a bunch of gay characters

I can remember maybe 4 or so. Doesn't bother me since they're not the obnoxious kind, and the issue of their sexuality is handled intelligently (eg Veronica being something of a pariah in the Brotherhood). It's also a future sci-fi setting so isn't breaking immersion as it would in the medieval-fantasy fare.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's a step up from Viscera Cleanup Detail, which has you cleaning up shit for no real reason. At least here you're cleaning shit up in order to buff up an asset and sell it at a higher price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom