Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

ADL

Prophet
Finally someone said it besides me. It's a damn shame ReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesetERA is further ahead of the curve than y'all are on the subject of Fallout 76.
https://archive.is/ZKXjG
Alright... I think Fallout 76 might have Bethesda's best world (and faction questline) yet
Fallout 76 has the best "Bethesda" writing, main story quest, landmass, NPCs (even though they're all dead and gone)and build variety since Morrowind and New Vegas. I don't know why everyone hates it. It fits my theory perfectly that everyone handles their properties better than Bethesda Maryland does themselves.

Imagine unironically going to bat for Todd's games by saying that 3 and 4 are better than 76.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://segmentnext.com/2019/06/26/fallout-76-pete-hines-interview/
Pete Hines Grateful for Fallout 76 Fans Who Weren’t “Swayed” by Negativity

Pete Hines commented on how much The Elder Scrolls Online had influenced Fallout 76. And it is a lot! During the interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Hines discussed what the Bethesda team learned. Especially from the release and ongoing support of The Elder Scrolls MMO.

He was grateful for the fans who “stuck to their guns and weren’t swayed by people”. Hines continued by describing the experience Bethesda had from Elder Scrolls Online:

we as a marketing, community and PR team try and take a lot of what we learned working on ESO and came to them with things that we think we ought to do that we’re not doing

Inside the Vaults, which are Bethesda’s Fallout 76 updates, are released with this in mind and the way patch notes are approached is just different to the way they’ve done patch notes before. The company is trying to offer more transparency and communication.

In line with that goal is being more visible than they used to be in the Bethesda Game Studios threads, forums and subreddits. Using that experience for Fallout 76, Hines talked about how changes have to be made. Elder Scrolls Online underwent some pretty fundamental changes because they had realized that it couldn’t succeed the way they had envisioned it.

They have to adapt to what players are saying. Bethesda Game Studios has taken a page out of that notebook and said, ‘Well alright, we’re going to continue to listen and figure out what people want more of.”

The continued support for ESO “improved the value and the commitment, particularly for those who have stayed with us from the start, right?

These fans are far from few; they been there for Bethesda not only when they were dealing with problems and issues, but also stuck with them when everyone was piling criticism on the studio for Fallout 76, according to Pete Hines.

I could easily replace whole interview with:gumpyhead: and nothing of substance would be lost.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-...thesda-for-a-test-server-after-a-buggy-patch/

Fallout 76 players are begging Bethesda for a test server after a buggy patch
Patch 11 seems to have broken many of the things it was supposed to fix.

BeAMRv5tKvrGgtFzTgjp4K-320-80.jpg

Fallout 76's patch 11 went live yesterday and things aren't going well. Despite the long list of fixes, tweaks, and improvements in Bethesda's patch notes, players are finding their own lists of new bugs introduced to the very things that were supposed to be improved. Some are suggesting it's time for Bethesda to protect its players from problematic updates with a test server.

Two of the biggest highlights of yesterday's patch: improvements to the new player experience at low levels, and fixes to a collection of power armor bugs, are the source of a number of new player complaints.

An entire section of the patch notes is dedicated to power armor. Bethesda reportedly fixed bugs that would result in a player becoming stuck in their power armor, players accidentally using (and wasting) a stimpack while already having full health while wearing power armor, an option to opt out of the power armor HUD and use the standard game HUD while wearing a suit, and more.

As part of this huge overhaul of power armor, Bethesda writes that players may find power armor pieces and extra power armor frames moved from their stash to their inventory, or vice-versa, on login. So players won't get stuck in the wilderness as a result of suddenly being over-encumbered, they may also find they've been relocated to a train station to be close to a stash box and vendor.

Instead, players are reporting that many of them are missing suits of power armor. The confusion may be in part that players' equipped power armor has been moved to their stash, which they may not immediately check for missing items. Some players are reporting that their rare power armor pieces are in fact missing, even after double checking their inventory and stash.

Bethesda also made a number of changes to systems that disadvantaged low level players, like the price hike for moving your camp too many times in quick succession (a fee I have been victim of myself due to indecisiveness). They also reduced the cost of fast travel for players under level 25 and changed the level of enemies likely to spawn near where new players are first exploring.

Along with that, they've also replaced the rewards for many early game challenges so that new players often receive useful items like stimpacks (which are tough to come by early on) instead of the game's premium currency Atoms. That sounds great, but some players feel they're being manipulated into spending money to buy Atoms instead of earning them by playing.

Most contentious of all are bugs related to legendary items failing to drop from legendary enemies. As you might imagine, players are livid. As with many online games meant to be played long-term, veteran players spend a good chunk of time killing high-level enemies over and over again looking for rare weapons. Naturally, patch 11 was meant to fix issues with legendary items spawning, according to the notes: "Legendary items dropped as loot by a legendary enemy will now appear much quicker on that enemy’s corpse."

Players note that updates which break Fallout 76 in more ways than it fixes them have become frustratingly expected. Even on Bethesda's own forum, where attitudes towards the company tend to be more forgiving, players are asking for Bethesda to introduce a test server for vetting updates before they get pushed to all servers. Public test servers are common with other online games to prevent (or at least mitigate) exactly the fury that Bethesda is facing today.

Fortunately, community managers are keeping up with players on Reddit and helping point them towards creating support tickets. Bethesda has also announced a planned hotfix coming later today to address issues caused by patch 11.

Despite the issue-ridden Patch 11, we are still anticipating the Fallout 76 Wastelanders update. Here's hoping it rolls out more smoothly.

Latelistener

Arcane
So, they don't even have a test server. That paired with the fact that they also don't have any GM tools...

I have no idea who have bought and still playing this, but I guess the tag Bethestard is well deserved.

If they really wanted an online game, they should have given Fallout to ZOS. At least they know what to do.

Okagron

Prophet
Pete Hines Grateful for Fallout 76 Fans Who Weren’t “Swayed” by Negativity
You mean legit criticism, something that you and everyone involved in this game clearly ignored given how much of a fuck up Fallout 76 is? And you don't even have a test server for an online ONLY game?

Fuck off, Pete. Just fuck off.

You mean legit criticism, something that you and everyone involved in this game clearly ignored given how much of a fuck up Fallout 76 is? And you don't even have a test server for an online ONLY game?

Fuck off, Pete. Just fuck off.

There is no "legit criticism" anymore, unless its Kotaku or Polygon criticizing a game for not having every character be gay. Now everything is "toxic, entitled fandoms".

ADL

Prophet
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again. Not building on the ESO engine was a massive mistake. The only justifiable reason for using Gamebryo over ESO's engine is the modding capabilities which we haven't really been able to use outside of injecting basic QoL features in using Fallout 4's tools like proper item tagging which was considered necessary because their current inventory management is dogshit.

On a technical level this game is a fucking mess. That being said, it's still unironically the best thing Bethesda has released since 2002 :^)

As much as I think Fallout is dead, buried, and rotting, there's one thing that constantly makes me really fucking mad: the radio rock/country songs put into the trailers, giving me this "this isn't your old, silly game for nerds", but "yeah, we enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy, too, fellow gamers!" vibes.

:deathclaw:

Fucking kill me already.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom