Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age I hate the RPG Games industry

Ninjerk

Arcane
Your desire to transition I have no problem with. The title of this thread is unforgivable and you did it to spite me.

deama

Prophet
I'd probably be best to go with MMOs because they usually have good customisations and lots of dressing up (especially if u pay IRL).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The absence of genuinely good fantasy games where you can create your own character and the fact that witcher 3 overheats my laptop so I feel nervous when playing it means that I am forced to once again download dragon age origins and replay the same mediocre game for the third time. Simply amazing. Bravo retarded industry. I hate everyone and everything. Please release the colony ship game already.

Maybe I should replay dark souls 2 instead tbh.
Have you considered Attila Total War? You can manage a royal family.

Squid

Arbiter
So the criteria is:
- Fantasy
- Can make own character
- Can dress your character with all kinds of items
- Shitty enough graphics to run on a laptop

hivemind maybe try Sims?
Fantasy? You can actually be successful and buy a mansion, talk to people, learn skills, not pay taxes.
Can make own character? You can make your own family!
Can dress your character with all kinds of items? Of course, it's the Sims, I'm pretty sure you can at least.
Shitty enough graphics to run on a laptop? Yes!
hqdefault.jpg

Don't tell me Sims isn't a RPG and you don't want that. You were already playing Witcher 3. This game has as many dice rolls as that one does. It's skill system is a lot like Oblivion too, you have to keep doing something over and over to get good at it in place of normal experience points and levels. There are no levels in this game but there's also not shitty level based loot.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I'm just gonna throw some and they may be extreme shit - feel free to try them though, who knows
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur
- Drakensang? Don't remember that much about creation
I might remember it wrong but the most pointless character creation system I've ever seen was from a Two Worlds game: it lets your choose the height of your main protagonist and that's it. No gender no background nothing, just how tall you will be.

Does the character height impact gameplay in any way?

Master

Arbiter
I'm just gonna throw some and they may be extreme shit - feel free to try them though, who knows
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur
I might remember it wrong but the most pointless character creation system I've ever seen was from a Two Worlds game: it lets your choose the height of your main protagonist and that's it. No gender no background nothing, just how tall you will be.
Oh yeah, if you mean TW1 you could also choose different faces but they somehow all looked the same.

jf8350143

Liturgist
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur

Does the character height impact gameplay in any way?
I don't think so, but I never finish the game.

PsychoFox

Educated
So the criteria is:
- Fantasy
- Can make own character
- Can dress your character with all kinds of items
- Shitty enough graphics to run on a laptop

hivemind maybe try Sims?
Fantasy? You can actually be successful and buy a mansion, talk to people, learn skills, not pay taxes.
Can make own character? You can make your own family!
Can dress your character with all kinds of items? Of course, it's the Sims, I'm pretty sure you can at least.
Shitty enough graphics to run on a laptop? Yes!
hqdefault.jpg

Don't tell me Sims isn't a RPG and you don't want that. You were already playing Witcher 3. This game has as many dice rolls as that one does. It's skill system is a lot like Oblivion too, you have to keep doing something over and over to get good at it in place of normal experience points and levels. There are no levels in this game but there's also not shitty level based loot.

The Sims is the definition of RPG :')

Squid

Arbiter
Of course it is. Nothing really compares. You ROLEPLAY as a character with a family and it's super realistic! How is that not a TRUE ROLEPLAYING GAME?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom