Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Parabalus

Arcane
Some are worth taking for landmarks.

Since I mentioned HE before, they can actually effectively colonize pretty much everything, since they have a stackable hero trait (administrator), with a few of them every building builds in one turn for dirt. Other races have similar mechanics, but nothing as powerful.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The faction DLC are only required if you want to play the factions, right? E.g. if I don't care about Chaos I don't need the Chaos Warriors DLC. Or are there (interesting) mods, which require all DLC?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
You only need the DLC if you want to play as them, you'll get them as enemies either way. No effect on mods.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have been thinking about the faction reworks. Obviously empire and orks need some considerable work, but I find that Wood Elves need one equally, if not more so. The amber system sucks and is incredibly restrictive. Unless CA already changed the amber requirements, Wood Elves are the only faction I can think of where high tier units and research set you back due to the amber requirements.

I am not sure there is a solution outside of ditching amber and/or giving Wood Elves some other dilemma.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Beastmen also need some love, they are possibly the worst dlc faction. For lack of units and campaign mechanics.
I was going to jokingly respond with “Who?”, but in all honesty Beastman do need something.

Mortal Empires only.

Yes, ME is the only way to play this game. When I finally am able to play TW:WH 1,2,3 maps combined I will be in HEVAN*

*Literally, the end of turn times will probably make me kill myself.

I find that the Vortex map still has some amazing variety while still being pretty balanced. Lustria and Naggaroth isn't half-assed as it is in ME, and the load times are pretty bliss.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There seems to be modder drama between Radious and TWC.

Recently, we‘ve received a ton of messages from you, telling us that you can‘t reach or even find our mods on TWC anymore. Many of you also asked where our mods went. Fact is, they are still on TWC, but the public can‘t see them and we no longer have access to them. These changes were done by one person only – TWC Master Admin - GrnEyedDvl.

It was done without telling us aything, no information or reason given why our work is being treated like that. I believe that this is no more than classic anger, hate and an absolute lack of respect and tolerance towards others. With the moment you become more successfull than some can handle, people of all sorts pop up and try their best to harm you and destroy your reputation and work. Sadly many people belong to this category and also fit very well to our recently published article - https://www.patreon.com/posts/state-of-affairs-27280835

https://www.patreon.com/posts/28084800

tabacila

Augur
Pity post from CA about WH2 free content to come: https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/cebk8j/warhammer_ii_freelc_array/
Apparently we will get nothing else (news or content) till September.

I was about to say that they only seem to be planning to update one more race from the first game in WH2, but now I see they say 'Old World Update' which is a little more vague. Any chance of a bigger update for several races instead of just one race getting an upgrade? Almost all of the remaining ones need at least some campaign mechanics love.

No clue what 'Some Old Friends' could be...

tabacila

Augur
Btw this only goes up to the new DLC that will supposedly come out in September so there is more stuff in the works.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They hinted that the greenskins and Empire are going to get their overhauls next.

About fucking time!

Though at this stage I would kill for all these updates to get rolled back into TW:WH1, having to play ME campaign for the old world factions kind of kills my enthusiasm.

Maybe its time I upgraded my ancient PC...:negative:
Sure, a recent PC with an SSD will cut down the loading times, which is very welcome, but that doesn't resolve everything.
Even with a recent PC, the epic waiting time between turns is beyond insane.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They hinted that the greenskins and Empire are going to get their overhauls next.

About fucking time!

Though at this stage I would kill for all these updates to get rolled back into TW:WH1, having to play ME campaign for the old world factions kind of kills my enthusiasm.

Maybe its time I upgraded my ancient PC...:negative:
Sure, a recent PC with an SSD will cut down the loading times, which is very welcome, but that doesn't resolve everything.
How many seconds does beyond insane mean?

tabacila

Augur
I just want my big fatty ogre bois from WH3, I hope that stupid china game doesnt slow them down.
3K has already massively disrupted the WH trilogy imho.
3K was supposed to be released in late summer/autumn 2018, but got delayed to May 2019. Add to this the fuck up with porting Norsca from WH1 and you get a picture of how the skeleton team left behind on WH2 was overwhelmed.
I think their original plans were to bring most of their devs back to WH faster. Since they already announced that WH2 will not get any more race packs it means the most of the devs freed from 3K are going directly to WH3. This is the real shame imo since the Vortex map really had room for some more distinct races (Araby and perhaps the Southern Realms).

Hopefully this delay will perhaps mean some of that optimisation magic and perhpas some of the diplomacy system from 3K will make it into the definitive WH3. HOPEFULLY

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seconds? :lol:
You wish...

Even with all the mods that speed up turn times, better campaign camera, etc. I still had to wait for about 1-2 minutes each turn. And I do have a fast PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9uzx6j/how_to_deal_with_ridiculous_turn_times_in_mortal/
You know something is fucked up when people suggest doing push ups during turn times...

The big problem here is that they do AI turns in order instead of at the same time.

Yes, in theory, the outcome of one AI's action can influence another AI's decision - but A) that is a rather rare case and practically never affects everyone and B) the influence of one AI turn is never that big. Just let the AI "lag behind" other AI's steps by one turn and you could do AI turns simultaneously (except for combat, which affected AIs would always have to wait for).

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, this is why I'm butthurt that they're updating TW1 races only for TW2. Vanilla campaigns in both 1 and 2 are ok with their turn times and ssd makes loading times bearable, but fuck the ME campaign, seriously.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Seconds? :lol:
You wish...

Even with all the mods that speed up turn times, better campaign camera, etc. I still had to wait for about 1-2 minutes each turn. And I do have a fast PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9uzx6j/how_to_deal_with_ridiculous_turn_times_in_mortal/
You know something is fucked up when people suggest doing push ups during turn times...

The big problem here is that they do AI turns in order instead of at the same time.

Yes, in theory, the outcome of one AI's action can influence another AI's decision - but A) that is a rather rare case and practically never affects everyone and B) the influence of one AI turn is never that big. Just let the AI "lag behind" other AI's steps by one turn and you could do AI turns simultaneously (except for combat, which affected AIs would always have to wait for).

With turn time destroyer it takes only 15-20 seconds.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
True, but it goes to kinda extreme lengths to do so, removing smaller factions, making a lot of stuff static.
Still, it's probably the best bet if you want to keep sane while playing the game :lol:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I tend to alt tab and watch streamers when I hit end turn. Part of it is likely Denuvo.

But running AI during players turn gets into problems as well, for example AoW3 is quite sluggish sometimes even 15 seconds after pressing end turn.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
But running AI during players turn gets into problems as well, for example AoW3 is quite sluggish sometimes even 15 seconds after pressing end turn.
True, but I meant that only AI has simultaneous turns.
On the other hand, no real reason not to do some calculations during the player turn already to speed things up...

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
True, but it goes to kinda extreme lengths to do so, removing smaller factions, making a lot of stuff static.
Still, it's probably the best bet if you want to keep sane while playing the game :lol:

It only kills off smaler factions that are a certain amount of distance away (and that is configurable). I dont know how you play, but I usualy stop a playtrough when I have conquered half of the map. And even then, its way more fun to go to the other continent and have 2-3 huge, mayor factions to fight. This + Loreful empires is a good way to play the game if you want to actualy fight the big bois later on instead of some noname darkelf that somehow killed of both legendary leaders or other such nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom