Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Codex Year of the Donut
Better outfits too.
Greedfall companions are a lot more interesting than Outerworlds companions.

Is historical fantasy better/interesting than futuristic dystopia? Hmmm :M
I prefer scifi, outer worlds companions just look like shit so far sans maybe Ellie
It's like the person in charge had a checklist of what companions need, they're too formulaic, and single-minded. Maybe the game itself will change my mind.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is historical fantasy better/interesting than futuristic dystopia? Hmmm :M

I think it has more to do with whether Spiders can write good companions based on their earlier games.

bbfwalp.jpg

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The culture and traditions are very different between the colonizers and the natives. The natives’ faith is akin to Animism and Pantheism, meaning their mythology is made up of stories and myths linked to specific places or landmarks: be that a lightning-struck tree, a hidden spring, or an oddly-shaped rock.

The natives have their own Celtic-based language
Is this game partly based on the arrival of the gods to Ireland?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The culture and traditions are very different between the colonizers and the natives. The natives’ faith is akin to Animism and Pantheism, meaning their mythology is made up of stories and myths linked to specific places or landmarks: be that a lightning-struck tree, a hidden spring, or an oddly-shaped rock.

The natives have their own Celtic-based language
Is this game partly based on the arrival of the gods to Ireland?

Fuck, I'd love to play a game about the Tuatha De Danann.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Basically what I expected considering they've been refining and building up on the same formula since Mars: War Logs. Weird how getting hit seemingly stuns you for a second, but then your character still executes the attack regardless.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Stuff!

Video goes through these fast so i'll just post them.
Skill Tree:
EbX7PnC.png
Attributes:
8OF1KCp.png

Talents:
M1ruqZs.png

Character Sheet:
p2oJdlU.png

jf8350143

Liturgist
Looks like there are 5 companions(2 females and 3 males based on the name?) and 6 factions.

Kind strange to make Natives one big faction considering they mentioned the natives are very different among themselves.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Stuff!

Video goes through these fast so i'll just post them.
Skill Tree:
EbX7PnC.png
Attributes:
8OF1KCp.png

Talents:
M1ruqZs.png

Character Sheet:
p2oJdlU.png

The skills tree in Greedfall looks like children's scrambles compared to Underrail's skill system.

You have so many geometric figures (circles, squares, rhombuses), colors (red, green, blue) and icons arranged in symmetric patterns which should hide the fact that the system has no depth what-so-ever and would make Tim Cain vigorously masturbate proud.

I never thought I will live enough to recognize a mediocre game based on the idiotic and streamlined skills tree. This makes me sad.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41018/devblog-the-birth-of-a-new-universe-part-3
Devblog – The Birth of A New Universe (Part 3)
  • Raibi Community Manager för ungefär 6 timmar sedan

Hi everyone,

Welcome back to our devblog series dedicated to GreedFall – the one-of-a-kind RPG developed by Spiders and coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 10.

We’re taking a look at this new world, specifically created for GreedFall, with Jehanne Rousseau, Lead Writer and CEO at Spiders, as well as Cyril Tahmassebi, Artistic Director.

Building a new world
    Teer Fradee is a new place both for the player launching GreedFall for the first time, as well as the colonizers who have just arrived there. The island is a solitary entity, old and full of mysteries, encouraging players delve into its story and unveil its secrets. When building the Island of Teer Fradee as well as the Old Continent, the development team were committed to starting from scratch.

GreedFall isn’t Jehanne’s first time building a universe. While the creative process is complex, she finds it enthralling. Her first step is selecting a time and a place to act as reference. Environment is key, since it almost always dictates how people live and how creatures and plantlife develop. The economy, history, and spirituality underpinning this world must also be thoroughly considered.

Even though the most difficult part of the creative process isn’t populating the world with creatures and plants, it's still the means by which the player discovers the strangeness of the new world. The biggest challenge is consolidating all the creative choices made by the team.

More than an Island: a character
    Cyril, Artistic Director at Spiders, explains that even before starting work on new concepts for this mysterious place, he aimed to approach the Island of Teer Fradee as if it was a character. He started by visualizing the Island as a person, imagining what they would physically look like, and what their story might be.

In searching for a visual theme for the emotions they wanted to convey with Teer Fradee, Cyril landed on the season of autumn. For him, autumn was perfect for Teer Fradee and a great choice for the imagery they wanted. With its golden light and dark shadows, autumn’s wilting vegetation is both a memento of the past and a portent of change. Reminiscence and change are inherent to autumn, making it perfect for illustrating what is happening on the island.

Everything serves a purpose on Teer Fradee

History is crucial in GreedFall, and creating a detailed timeline was fundamental to the storytelling. Everything that happened on Teer Fradee prior to the game impacts what the player is going through, and enhances the narrative, visuals, and even gameplay.

Teer Fradee is both a place, a vast space composed of numerous natural landscapes with intermingling towns and villages, and a character, with its own unique identity and wants. Spiders wants to ensure players understand that this entity has a personal history and identity, and that each place on the Island has its own reason to exist; be it cultural, economic, historical, or otherwise. As the player explores the many young colonies and native villages the ancient ruins and the holy sites that hum with magic, the player should get the feeling that everything has a purpose.

Stay tuned for more insights about the development of GreedFall in our next articles! GreedFall releases on September 10 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. http://greedfall.com/

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's always weird to me when I see customizing your character as a selling point, but in this case it's kinda warranted because in Technomancer you could only play as a dude. That was apparently a big deal to some.

The-Technomancer-20160621201559.jpg

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's always weird to me when I see customizing your character as a selling point, but in this case it's kinda warranted because in Technomancer you could only play as a dude. That was apparently a big deal to some.

The-Technomancer-20160621201559.jpg
character creation was always a big selling point, especially considering there are less and less RPGs(or games in general) allows you to do it.

Q: What is GreedFall?
A: GreedFall is an RPG developed by Spiders, with an emphasis on freedom in both character development and how you proceed through the world. The Old World is dying because of the Malichor Plague and you will have to sail to new horizons and explore The Island of Teer Fradee to discover a cure.

Q: When will the game release?
A: The game releases on September 10 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Q: Will there be a physical edition for the game?
A: Yes, there will be a physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Q: Will 4K and HDR be available on console?
A: You will be able to play with HDR and 4K support on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S.

Q: Will the game be localized in different languages?
A: Yes, here is the list of available languages.
Interface & Subtitles: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil). Russian, Simplified Chinese.
Audio: English

Q: When can I pre-order?
A: Right now! Pre-order are open here: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: How can I get the Pre-Order Bonus?
A: You need to check if your store will provide our Adventurer’s Gear Pack on our official shop: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: Will there be a collector’s or special edition?
A: There are currently no plans for a collector’s or special edition
Q: Will the game be available on Steam?
A: Yes, here is the Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/606880/GreedFall/

Q: How much will the game cost?
A: The game costs €49,99/$49,99 on PC, and €49,99/$49,99 on consoles (or your regional equivalent).

Q: Does the game use Denuvo?
A: The game doesn't use Denuvo.

Q: Will there be mod support?
A: We don’t have any plans to implement mod support.

Q: How long will the game be?
A: It will be 40 to 50 hours depending on how you play.

Q: Is this an open world game?
A: GreedFall is not an open world game.

Q: Will there be any paid DLC or a sequel?
A: There are currently no plans for DLC regarding GreedFall.

Q: Can create your own character?
A: You will be able to customize your character from the start in GreedFall! You are free to choose your gender and your physical appearance.

Q: Can you choose your faction?
Your character is linked to the Congregation. You can’t change your faction, but you will be able to directly affect the relationship between the different factions present on Teer Fradee.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41212/greedfall-faq

jungl

Augur
Spiders are a good example why assembling a large team of people to work on a game doesn't make it better then smaller studios. Nobody cares about the visuals, story and world you created. If the gameplay revolves around me traveling through corridors to more open spaces with trash mobs to fight then travel to corridors again to another open space with trash mobs to fight. STOP nobody wants to play your shit. If the gameplay part of your game design sucks graphics and all the other parts are not going to save it.

PsychoFox

Educated
Huh, the game is not open world. I was under the impression that it is. Not that i mind or anything but that's what i took away from the trailers. Anyhow, no Denuvo malware is a huge plus.

Readher

Savant
Huh, the game is not open world. I was under the impression that it is. Not that i mind or anything but that's what i took away from the trailers. Anyhow, no Denuvo malware is a huge plus.
They said long ago that the game has multiple hubs rather than actual open world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom