Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Was the Last (Fun Allowed) Game You Played?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing Shogun 2. All 3 games. I like these games and they stand out as some of the most demanding, cognitive, stylish, advanced (for what they did for the genre) of any of the games that I've played.

But they're not necessarily "fun". Sometimes I just like you wanna watch a mindless action film with an 80s star - or play a game (not necessarily easy) but actually fun.

And I realized the only one in my library of games is: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. I remember Giants: Citizen Kabuto was also good, and MDK2.

Anyone think of any others? Clearly the xriteria is:
Good gameplay
"Fun" writing
Interesting setting

Maybe a few other things.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
BroddockRoundhouse.gif

RibXTml.gif

96dF4LU.gif

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't played Broforce but I do often play an old 2D pixel art game for "fun." It takes me back to my youth and what I perceive as simpler times. Same for old adventure games like Monkey Island.

For current stuff... usually FPS games I guess. I have a relatively low bar to meet for FPS games being fun, if I can shoot a bunch of dudes and see some cool environments for an hour after work then it's a good stress reliever and distraction. With RPGs I'm much more "serious bizness" about them, so flawed shit stands out more.

Anyway to answer question... Amid Evil. Super fun FPS with colorful environments and a great PC feel.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I started both Fallout and KCD for the first time on the same day. The latter left an incredible first impression.
As for the latest game I've played, it was Lair on PS3. Flawed as hell, but ultimately still fun. The soundtrack's great too.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah that sounds like fun!.
*mumbling* should have known that word doesn't translate the same everywhere.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I remember going to a friend's house and him showing me Lair on his PS3 because of what a shitty game it supposedly was, but I actually had fun with it. Nowhere near fun enough to go buy a console, but it was amusing.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Been playing A Robot Named Fight because it was on sale for super cheap, it's p.gud. I've also sank a lot of time into Hideous Destructor.

Insert Title Here
Playing Stranger's Wrath (and later Munch's Odyssey, tried it a bit but it's kinda bad as they say) since I never got a chance to play the not-main Oddworld games when they came out. Cautiously optimistic for Soulstorm coming in 2020.

Swigen

Arbiter
I thought Viscera Cleanup Detail was pretty fun. I don’t even know how I ended up with it, it came with something I got on steam and I’d never heard of it. I couldn’t believe the premise was “clean up a violent crime scene in real-time” like actually picking up each body part and putting ‘em in the trash and mopping up the blood but that’s indeed what it was and before I knew it I’d wasted hours on the thing. I highly recommend it, it will run on a potato.

zapotec

Liturgist
I am currently playing the dosbox version of Master of orion 1 and i am very enjoying it, after i am done i'll move to the sequel.

Then i'll try again Alpha Centauri.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Saints Row 3. GTA with a pinch of LSD. Totally ridiculous game that lets you beat people to death a giant purple dildo. Great stress reliever.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I just completed Assassin's Creed Unity. It was just okay. Pathetically easy with absolutely ZERO C&C but at least Elise
dies at the end. She annoyed me somewhat.
All in all, a pale pimply tit compared to AC2 & Brotherhood though. Even though I have the Dead Kings DLC for it, playing until the end of the original campagin was more than enough.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cuphead. But I only played that very recently. Before it... AoD, which I tried to replay with a different ending, and before that - Underrail, in January

DraQ

Arcane
Ori and The Blind Forest was an all around great experience, but it's not quite an 80's action flick the game, more like Studio Ghibli animu: the game.

Gorgeous as fuck, possibly the best OST I have ever heard, absolute joy to just move around the levels, hard as nails, not a single thing to bitch about (other than your own frustration).

Shadenuat

Arcane
before kangmaker probably child of light

f1KAN3hHKXRkor7jx1daniodDU9bUx3eVVgPBF59ojUNmKTIIK1Eo39LqN_GNkTD6STiBKcdPO4T00nWQN_8UDq4LCLVYki6X1Uim1r-37-upqDNQw-x3oW3qyibC6XuvA

2516667-child%20of%20light%20-%20chapter%204%20part%202%20-%202014-04-24%2010-46-5801.jpg

I was a princess n shit :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom