Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

• Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The manual needs to describe what the icons at the bottom mean.

I clicked the "Eyeball" and got a blank shaded Grey area on the screen that would not go away.
I clicked another (forget which) and got a smaller blank shaded box at the center of the screen. This also didn't go away.

I clicked another and the "compass" thing at bottom center lit up...but clicking on it did nothing after it was lit.

Talked to everyone in start town (I believe), did not get a quest to do.

Needs work, men.

Zep--
It looks like Fallout 4 might be better suited to your tastes.

There's a reason he has the dumbfuck tag

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I could tell you what I clicked on, but I can't...it's 2019...tool tips are a thing here in the future.

Is that an eyeball? Is it an Anus, Is it an Oval? Who the fuck knows.

I clicked on the anus and got a large shaded area on the screen from the top left that was blank and wouldn't go away.

I clicked on the dildo and got a smaller shaded area in the center of the screen that would not go away.

Help me, help you.

Zep--

Not sure on that one. I was not able to reproduce the behavior.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I hate sitting on the fact that L2 was dubbed 'unplayable' on my thread. If anyone finds a bug and can give me info to help me replicate it then I will fix it. Screenshots are also helpful. Obviously the issue described above was the result of clicking on the 'dildo' and then the 'anus' without clicking on the 'lube' first.

Dorateen

Arcane
oklabsoft

The game is playable. It runs beautifully.

pOlnpnP.jpg

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The big grey box appears (upper left) and won't leave if it can't display the text it wants to (I guess).

The small box in center screen I haven't been able to replicate yet.

So...yeah, no text (or only sometimes text) means unplayable.

Zep--

Sandor

Novice
The game is looking great, an Ultima like game world awesome!
Now I don't know if any of these ideas are still possible for Lurking II if you can add that it's great otherwise if you can add it for void or the other 3D games that would be really cool to.
And you mentioned you were not sure about putting it up on Steam there's a steam RPG that has worst graphics and has like a million downloads called undertale for some reason I got a real Buzz about it and got popular so you never know here's the link
https://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/Undertale/
I would ask you to please not forget about good Quest writing I hope you guys have played something like Fallout or Arcanum which has really interesting quests and is giving you different options on solving them. I think that makes for a much much better game so if there's a quest to get to a place you would have more than one way of doing that, you might be able to use stealth, might be able to use a conversation option, find a secret entrance, or disguise or even then combat.
One example of a quest could be so you have to get in to a walled town it's not letting anybody in so you have these options.
1. Stealth you can try to sneak in have a have the Rogue climb the wall and then either lower rope for the rest of the party, this would only require a skill check for the rogue character and then skill bonuses for the rest of the party.
2. Exploration if the search for an alternate secret tunnel that goes into the town
3. Disguises the party has to find some disguises as merchants and they get on to a merchant wagon and enter the town like that or something similar
4. Dialogue character that has to use bluff or something else to convince the guards to let them in as they are percentages of high importance or even Nobles. This could be made more of a challenge if there are several conversation options to choose from in you have to carefully choose the best ones.
I believe strong and interesting quests instead of just fetch Quests are one of the things a lot of game developers these days kind of skip over and it's one of the most important things for great games that people look at.
To get a wide sense of enjoyment from many people I think you should definitely focus on that, again take a look at Fallout and Arcanum for some inspiration if you can or if you have already.
Also I hope you're taking into account cover for combat specially for ranged, so it's not just a click fest you would have to use the environment and buildings to your advantage.
These kinds of little features would really add a lot of variety to the game play so you're playing for 50 hours the parts won’t feel like they're dragging or getting tedious that way.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
The game is looking great, an Ultima like game world awesome!
Thanks for the compliment and the thoughts. We are definitely altering combat a bit in Void to account for the (mostly) shootout type encounters. We will certainly try our best to add aspects of the mission that fit your descriptions. Crew member skills in Void are combat, engineer, medical, science, and I.T. so some progression involves properly balancing your crew and making use of these skills.

urmom

Learned
I wish this game was on Steam or GOG. Too lazy to keep track of random websites on Internet.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I was directed to this game and am trying to play it but I have a small issue which I'm not sure is just something on my end - if I alt-tab out of the game I'm unable to return to it because there's no Window to get back for some reason - the game is clearly still running because I see it in task processes and the music is still playing but I have to force terminate it then.

I'm using Windows 10 if anyone else can let me know if it's just something on my end.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I was directed to this game and am trying to play it but I have a small issue which I'm not sure is just something on my end - if I alt-tab out of the game I'm unable to return to it because there's no Window to get back for some reason - the game is clearly still running because I see it in task processes and the music is still playing but I have to force terminate it then.

I'm using Windows 10 if anyone else can let me know if it's just something on my end.
Sadly, it is an issue that was not able to be resolved. Try using Ctrl-M in place of alt-tab. :(

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I am a long ways along with recoding L2 as I did L1. The above issue will then be resolved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom