Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
So changing active feat sequences on all enemies for a single difficulty? If that's what you mean for better AI.

That looks like extremely unrealistic expectations even if Styg had more money than Skyrim.

Just fixing the obvious ones mentioned would be have been a lot better than retarded stat bloat and for sure not that hard to fix.

Trashos

Arcane
Fundamentally, I 'd indeed prefer it if the increase in difficulty only led to new enemy feats/gear and few changes in the composition of enemy parties (eg, 1 warhog+2 pigs instead of 3 pigs). I do not like the increase in enemy numbers at all. Give me enemies I can respect, not huge groups of nobodies.

Shadenuat

Arcane
That is basically changing every encounter in the game by hand. Unless game draws enemies from some sort of lists which can be easily adjusted shifting how game draws enemies into the world up the table.

Trashos

Arcane
Sure, it is going to take some work, but afaic it is important enough to deserve it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ah, classic codex.
love.png

Isn't it the best place in Universe? I think it IS.

when they decide to stick around after stinging and bite you 4 times instead of vanishing away, which happens from time to time.

Yeah, that's bad scenario when even Riot Armor can not helpsometimes. It's often happens on that map in video you recorded - they could be just to far from corner if you enter map from east side, so instead they grind you like... chewing gum? Sorry, not my day for metaphors.

When people ask for this they don't truly know what they are asking for, and when they get this they understand they never wanted it.
imo
Players mostly big kids, who are all about what you said...

Dan, Saban and the drone are so fucking retarded it is not even funny, using non armor piercing bullets

I think W2C bullets will probably trivialize the fight, so the player won't need to do anything sagnificant - that's the possible reason.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Ah, classic codex.
love.png

Isn't it the best place in Universe? I think it IS.

when they decide to stick around after stinging and bite you 4 times instead of vanishing away, which happens from time to time.

Yeah, that's bad scenario when even Riot Armor can not helpsometimes. It's often happens on that map in video you recorded - they could be just to far from corner if you enter map from east side, so instead they grind you like... chewing gum? Sorry, not my day for metaphors.

When people ask for this they don't truly know what they are asking for, and when they get this they understand they never wanted it.
imo
Players mostly big kids, who are all about what you said...

Dan, Saban and the drone are so fucking retarded it is not even funny, using non armor piercing bullets

I think W2C bullets will probably trivialize the fight, so the player won't need to do anything sagnificant - that's the possible reason.

The fight IS trivial. It is essentially all about slowly grinding down tough(ish) enemies with high resistances and immunities who can do nothing but melee. The fight is boring, trite and most importanly annoyingly irritating IF you care about Dan and Saban surviving due to all the shortcomings I mentioned earlier.

Jezal_k23

W2C bullets on NPCs might trivialize the fight in easier difficulties, but then you already signed up for an easier time if you're playing on Easy or Normal. On Hard and Dominating, I don't think the fight would be trivialized. It would be a good change, because the fight itself is not very tactically interesting anyway.

Lhynn

Arcane
Gameplay on dominating is very different than from vanilla. Its almost a different game. The entire gameplay changes and demands that the player cheese heavily. If you are into that you should go for it. But i dont find it entertaining in the slightest bit, and should be a different game mode instead of a difficulty setting.

Sykar

Arcane
Gameplay on dominating is very different than from vanilla. Its almost a different game. The entire gameplay changes and demands that the player cheese heavily. If you are into that you should go for it. But i dont find it entertaining in the slightest bit, and should be a different game mode instead of a difficulty setting.

Yeah, I will return to Hard tomorrow, autistic is completely boring, trite and obnoxious but the worst part is that it is immersion breaking to me.

Jezal_k23

I can't seem to get Underrail out of my head today due to the release date tomorrow. I'm so anxious. I hate this feeling.

Sykar

Arcane
Stealth builds are also forced far more often into combat instead of avoiding it, which I consider :decline:.
dude you can finish whole game with only 2 fights

myself I prefer to adjust difficulty by larping

Sure, good luck with that on Autistic.

Jezal_k23

I'm wondering how to build my character for new playthrough with expansion installed. I don't know whether I do melee, or Psi, or something new from the expansion. My previous playthrough was focused on Guns skill, some stealth and traps.

Parabalus

Arcane
The issue is the number bloat is already present from the player side - you can't make a difficulty above hard without bigger numbers, since the player already has so much damage he one shots everything, e.g. the last fight, you could tweak the AI or add more spawns, what does it matter when almost every build can one shot(turn) the eye?

At least on Autistic it's not that simple.

Jezal_k23

Do we have a release time for tomorrow? I'd like to know so I can move my schedule around as needed.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
W2C bullets on NPCs might trivialize the fight in easier difficulties, but then you already signed up for an easier time if you're playing on Easy or Normal. On Hard and Dominating, I don't think the fight would be trivialized. It would be a good change, because the fight itself is not very tactically interesting anyway.

OK, I came up with Solomon's desision - make them have W2C bullets for Easy/Normal, and usual bullets for Hard/Domination.
Yeah, I'm good in such thing!
:yeah:

Jinn

Arcane
Joking aside, was there ever any time given for release? Will it be the standard Steam 10am PST, or are we going to get lucky and have this baby in a few hours? Styg or any of the Stygian crew able to weigh in on this?

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

Well, it's July 22nd. What do I do with my life while the expansion isn't out? What is the point?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have work tomorrow alongside most of the civilized world, but releasing on a Monday and then remaining available to fix bugs throughout the week is always the correct plan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom