Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Brainlet2

Educated
Expedition when!?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
wagie wagie get in your cagie
wjJYemx.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
The issue is the number bloat is already present from the player side - you can't make a difficulty above hard without bigger numbers, since the player already has so much damage he one shots everything, e.g. the last fight, you could tweak the AI or add more spawns, what does it matter when almost every build can one shot(turn) the eye?

At least on Autistic it's not that simple.

Except it changes nothing, just makes the bloat worse:

If that was truly a concern NERFING player damage would have been the way to go. Not forcing the player to go for even more damage and increase RNG.

It's almost here! Quick! How do I make a cool shotgun build?
just like you make a sniper

Except you use completely different feats, but otherwise just like Sniper!

Jezal_k23

I think well done difficulty involves both encounter tuning and a little bit of numbers bloat. Mainly though, tuning encounters so that in high difficulties you encounter higher tier monsters early is essential and a healthy way to implement difficulty, and I don't oppose some monster stats increased by low percentages like 15% or 20% in addition to that.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Well I'm glad that I haven't gotten far in UnderRail yet so I could get the FULL experience (and totally has nothing to do with being a procrastinating bitch). Though seriously, already liked what I played of the early hours, can't wait for the rest and all the new content.

Trashos

Arcane
I met with Styg yesterday and gave him my list of exceptionally-unimportant-bugs-that-noone-is-ever-going-to-notice. I didn't think that it would cause delay. Sorry, guys.

Parabalus

Arcane
The issue is the number bloat is already present from the player side - you can't make a difficulty above hard without bigger numbers, since the player already has so much damage he one shots everything, e.g. the last fight, you could tweak the AI or add more spawns, what does it matter when almost every build can one shot(turn) the eye?

At least on Autistic it's not that simple.

Except it changes nothing, just makes the bloat worse:

If that was truly a concern NERFING player damage would have been the way to go. Not forcing the player to go for even more damage and increase RNG.

It's almost here! Quick! How do I make a cool shotgun build?
just like you make a sniper

Except you use completely different feats, but otherwise just like Sniper!

I know you can still one shot him, but it's not as easy when he has more health. On <DOMINATING the above build needs one Neural Overload to kill him.

PrettyDeadman

I was confused too since I expected the game to be released on 13:00 moscow time (GMT+3), but I think it will be released on 13:00 serbian time (GMT+2), which is actually 14:00 moscow time. Very confusing move.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom