Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games with the best/realistic gore

kain30

Cipher
Please guys, recommend games (old and new i don't mind) with realistic gore please. I haven't found a game with better gore than soldier of fortune 2 yet.

Curratum

Have you also not upgraded your computer since SoF 2 came out? Because almost every other FPS that came out after it has better gore.

yellowcake

Arcane
The BEST (maybe not very realistic) gore - Severance Blade of darkness.

Edit: name other game that has somewhat realistic blood splatter physics, ie blood squirts rhythmically from neck of decapitated guy on the wall/stairs, makes pools on the floor or splotches on the wall in the place squirts landed (not just random decals), then those splotches flow down the wall or stairs making bigger stains. Blood also squirts from severed limbs/heads with the same behavior (so a head rolls squirting making pools on the floor or splotches on the wall than flow down if big enough. If you ambush a few guys on the stairs you can make actual bloodfalls. It is fucking mesmerising.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Die by the Sword, though it doesn't beat SOF2.

I visited the thread to mention this game, but saw that udm beat me to it. It was a revelation when it was released, though let down by the terrible controls (but then, I was more or less a (blatantly unsupervised) kid). There was nothing like it for quite some time.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Dead Island had multilayer body damage, which was supposedly quite advanced; though since it's a zombie game, the end result was barely noticeable.

The newer mortal kombats had pretty gratuitous fatalities with xray vision of broken bones, etc., though I'm not up to speed with the series, so can't tell you which of the newer ones aren't shit.

Then there's Sniper Elite and its xray damage camera.

There's also Hatred if the classic Postal (not the FPS shit) type of violence is your thing.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Please guys, recommend games (old and new i don't mind) with realistic gore please. I haven't found a game with better gore than soldier of fortune 2 yet.

Realsim doesn't really work very well in games, because games are an exageration of reality. That's why the good recomandations so far are actually good, because they aren't realistic but are very stylish and fit perfectly to what happening on screen and the type of gameplay.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For multiplayer side, Mordhau has pretty funny looking gore, you can chop off a knight's arm and he's still up for several seconds punching your face before crumbling down. Insurgency Sandstorm has amazing blood effect (as in realistic, not fancy looking), gore is a bit rare as it's only triggered when someone's exploded or shot by shotgun. Warhammer Vermintide 2 is gory in its nature. I watched my friend play Hell let Loose a bit and body mutilation looks pretty impressive, although they disappear real quick.

For singleplayer side, Resident Evil 7 has a lot of close up gory scenes that genuinely look disturbing (the card game DLC for example), while Resident Evil 2 has great body damage. Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus has good gore but blood and model look quite plastic.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't know about realistic, but Project Overkill for the PS1 is a lot of gore and a lot of fun. Also has a good soundtrack.

Sjukob

Arcane
In EDF 5 you can drown the entire city in godzilla's blood, though it looks like red cabbage juice.
EDF5-2019-07-23-16-03-42-88.png

Also every limb of humanoid enemies can be cut off

Bloodrayne series have some pretty decent stuff, but gameplay is rather mediocre

And of course, everybody's favourite Postal 2 is very good with some mods

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
As far as I remember, Rogue Warrior was pretty explicit. Maybe not necessarily gore, but the violence was pretty extreem for a game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom