Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ent

Savant
Temporal is no brainer as a melee support psi. Psychokinesis also has access to some nice stuns which are always welcome for melee.

Tigranes

Arcane
Ok, cruising around on my jet-ski with spear in hand, psi-blasting sea-serpents has got to be some of the coolest shit ever.

Oh god, I was going to go shotgun but now I also need to roll a spear and grenade character named Santiago

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Styg please for the love of god, add mouse keybindings to speed up and speed down option. I can bind keyboard keys, thats fine, but why not mouse? I use mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons to speedup things in speedhack, im so accustomed to it, its so comfy to use :(

Trashos

Arcane
Is it a viable weapon choice? To me it looks like a poor man's assault rifle.

Yeah, SMGs are very good. But it is a different playstyle. SMGs don't have a strength requirement, and they are better suited for stealthy highly mobile builds. ARs are better suited for tin cans.

Jezal_k23

Styg please for the love of god, add mouse keybindings to speed up and speed down option. I can bind keyboard keys, thats fine, but why not mouse? I use mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons to speedup things in speedhack, im so accustomed to it, its so comfy to use :(

I tried to bind mouse wheel up and down for speed up and down, but I could not. Would be nice for sure.

Ent

Savant
1563836202664.png
For those interested.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey Fenix, you have a build for Psi + Shotgun?

I do.
It's usual squishy type, not the best for Expedition, seriously.
But to make it mire sturdy you need to compromise it in something.

Now I am regretting picking Tranquil.

Tranquility is superior now, Psychosis lags miles behind sadly.

Problem is Psi builds dont usually go for high Perception, which is presumably needed for shotgun.

It's not Psi with Shotgun, it's Shotgun with Psi - you don't need Will more than 3 that way.

Had to go out, I'm back now. So, my character. How do I start building psi + melee (spears or machetes, dunno which yet)? Which of the psi skills interest me? What attributes should I go for?
First you ar interested in Temporal Manipulations, it's useful for all.
For that 3 Will is absolutely OK, don't neeed more.
Spears simpler then machete, which are require much thinking, because you need plan B for times when your Flurry willmiss and goes on 3 turn cd.
For machete go for Dex, but you can go for Str too, it's just a noobtrap.
For spears you can go Str or Dex too, Str is you want to complement spears with Riot Armor, which was significantly buffed.
Or you can abandon Riot Armot and like, go for Dex and Spear Throw feat.

Which Psi schools can best support my melee build?

Temporal Manipulations!

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Man, some of the new songs on the soundtrack are really great. Huge improvement over the original's in a lot of ways. In fact, from what I'm seeing of my initial 4 hours of new content, Expedition seems to improve upon the excellent foundation the OC laid down in almost every way. Absolutely loving it.

Jezal_k23

Not even gonna reach Expedition content today, I don't think. But having a blast with the game nonetheless. Playing a new build feels so different!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I haven't gotten to the new stuff yet but is there still no way to trigger bear traps if you can't disarm them besides walking over and taking damage? Why can't I poke it with a stick? I can throw grenades at mines...

You can disarm them and take them home.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
DEX is 8 therefore the APs of .44 Hammerer should be reduced to 29.

Is this a bug or I'm losing my mind!?

94603B1AB12E2D61DBA76289ED1FF07548655F0C

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
... snip ...

That build is squishy as fuck. Don't recommend it for a beginner.

Not even gonna reach Expedition content today, I don't think. But having a blast with the game nonetheless. Playing a new build feels so different!

Yeah. I've spent 6 hours with the game and I'm at the 5th build. I do enjoy the game but fml.

DEX doesn't reduce the base AP cost, equip it to see a difference.

Nothing changed.

EFF5F4E3B91AB312FDCC8605C3FDF46D82E8FCB2

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Look at the number in the weapon slot.

Edit: You are right. I did not see it.

The correct reduced 29 AP appears during combat.

It works. Thank you.

But this shit is non-intuitive as hell. It was always like this?

6AB5DE15D894CECED4EF9AE0B21F2F9940F5839B

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
You don't have to go into turn-based mode to check, look at the weapon slot. Next to the fist, man.

And yes, it was always like this. I don't find it non-intuitive at all, it's an important distinction when you account for base AP cost reduction mods and the fact that DEX value can change over time.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the game is so cheap i feel guilty about it. literally cost as much as my dinner (granted i kinda splurged on expensive restaurant yesterday but still )

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is it a viable weapon choice? To me it looks like a poor man's assault rifle.
In a nutshell, it's a shorter range AR that can burst A LOT more and doesn't reload when hit with a Crippling Strike.

In other words, it is a poor man's AR.

The AR obliterates everything you point it at by midgame and never really stops, unless it's been massively nerfed since I last played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom