Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Started a new character on hard, shotgunner with temporal psi (will 3). Took 7 STR because Full Auto lists shotguns, hopefully burst shotgun is as good as it sounds, for now i'm only seeing single shot models (but i'm at the very beginning).

Tygrende

Arbiter
There's full auto frames and uniques later on. That said, pump actions are pretty good in their own right. If you mod them with a forward grip, it lowers the AP cost to 20 if I'm not mistaken.

Aemar

Arcane
Any new perks for a psi monk build? Planning to do a second monk run now that Expedition is out.

Parabalus

Arcane
Temporal Manipulation is gonna get nerfed in the next patch, too good all around.

Making it only boosted by Tranqulity (which was already the stronger option) is just stupid though.

Does anyone know if not meeting strength requirement on armor impacts a pure PSI somehow? I know what it does with weapons but it is unclear to me how not meeting the strength requirements of armor impact your character.

Psure it gives you AP penalty.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How viable is a pure shotgun build going to be?

Challanging.

was thinking about doing a sneaky shotgun build, but my last game was sneaky crossbow so instead going to go opposite and do max CON tanky shotgun dude!

I have a lot of research to do but here are some early musings...

STR 7 for Juggernaut and other feats
CON 10 for Thick Skull and the lots of health

Like this? http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgg...AAAAAAMKgVQg7JsKWFcKwMWPCmEvCl8KQwo_CtcKkRd-_
If you don't want Armor Sloping, you can lower Int and rise Perception, and take some Fast Metabolism or something.

Any new perks for a psi monk build? Planning to do a second monk run now that Expedition is out.

There were new feats, only for bare handed fighter.

Temporal Manipulation is gonna get nerfed in the next patch, too good all around.

It was already nerfed. ^_^

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
spoilerinos

Really? How so? For pure psi or as cooldown reducer on something like spear abilities? How far are you?
Imo, this loses to the first Ice dmg ability in dmg per psi. And psi points are the bottleneck not AP. It also is super delayed and has to be set up in some kind of artificial way to not be absolute niche.
kL2X7wd.png

This one is quick but super expensive for a single target debuff for only 2 turns. Fear gives you 4 turns of complete safety for 40 psi, here you get 2 turns and maybe stop melee enemies only.
HCHW1pb.png

And this thing is only great to chug psi boosters with the doctors pouch since they have only 3 turns cooldown, which becomes 2 turns. Its great because I lack psi but you still have to set up a sequence where you use this ability at the end of the turn, right after you chug the psi booster.
XMktpN2.png

Basically, my usage is: spend all your psi points (PP), but leave 10 or 2 AP for psi booster, inject psi, Limited Temporal Inc, and now you are at 75PP (from booster) - 35PP (from LTI) = 40 + whatever you regen next turn.

The alternative is to not use LTI and you have 75 + whatever you regen PP next turn, which can be a much better option.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
spoilerinos

Really? How so? For pure psi or as cooldown reducer on something like spear abilities? How far are you?
Imo, this loses to the first Ice dmg ability in dmg per psi. And psi points are the bottleneck not AP. It also is super delayed and has to be set up in some kind of artificial way to not be absolute niche.
kL2X7wd.png

This one is quick but super expensive for a single target debuff for only 2 turns. Fear gives you 4 turns of complete safety for 40 psi, here you get 2 turns and maybe stop melee enemies only.
HCHW1pb.png

And this thing is only great to chug psi boosters with the doctors pouch since they have only 3 turns cooldown, which becomes 2 turns. Its great because I lack psi but you still have to set up a sequence where you use this ability at the end of the turn, right after you chug the psi booster.
XMktpN2.png

Basically, my usage is: spend all your psi points (PP), but leave 10 or 2 AP for psi booster, inject psi, Limited Temporal Inc, and now you are at 75PP (from booster) - 35PP (from LTI) = 40 + whatever you regen next turn.

The alternative is to not use LTI and you have 75 + whatever you regen PP next turn, which can be a much better option.

The damage is delayed but a big burst. You can cast 3 Distortions vs. only 2 Crykonesis shards. So in two turns you can get 6 Distortions vs 4 Cryokinses, but you deal 120% increased damage per Distortion and it ignores 50% of damage resistance. The damage is really high, probably the highest among all single target PSI damage abilities. Then there is the ability where the enemy gets a % of the damage again. It racks up fast. Throw in Continuum feat and you will see it popping all over the place.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
hNfN1vc.png

3BkrDWB.png

Its the about the same per AP but I said dmg/psi. Here you spend 45 vs 30 PP for the same dmg. Either I count wrong or you count wrong.

edit

Alright, with 6 spells, maybe but its possible to get something economical but setting that up is a waste. Gib example.

Sheepherder

Augur
Can anyone tell what's the AP cost of a shotgun burst? It can't be the same as regular burst, as 300% of 25 AP would be 75 AP. Also, what are the crit damage bonuses of various shotgun frames? It seems like I can have a semi-permanent sustain of Limited Temporal Increment and I'm wondering if the extra AP can help me burst more than once per turn or maybe squeeze in extra shots. It may also be worth it to keep an offhand shotgun loaded with 20 pellet shells for use with Sixth shell as the damage bonus from Expertise will be added to each pellet, though i'm not sure yet.

Tygrende

Arbiter
XMktpN2.png
Who ever said only pure psi builds can use temporal manipulation? It was designed as a support discipline that every build can benefit from. I can use Aimed shot every turn for 3 turns in a row with it and Future Orientation on my sniper. It allows to throw grenades crazy fast with Grenadier. The options are limitless.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't like the fact that the hotkeys for the speedup feature are +/-. On my keyboard (and I would assume most keyboards) they're not accessible without moving the left hand, and taking my right hand off the mouse is much too arduous a strain. I play video games to relax, not to exercise.

Cross-posting:

Expeditions Build:

I name it nignog of the machete horde:
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgY...NSyoWwpnCjsKzEzzin4QB4qK1AuKyiAXisokC4rKSBd-_

6 str and versatality for Ar burst when flurry misses.
max dex as melee is primary and dex inc. melee crit chance
7 agi (can be 6 cause sprint but eh)
3 con
3 per
5 will (for feat pre-req)
6 int (for weaponsmith; cna be 5 otherwise)

Idea is simple craft a tungsten curved machete; go for flurry and stack the onslaugt stacks. ofcourse keep flashbang/sting ball grenades for cc.
70 temporal manipulation for stasis. maybe squeeze in 30 psychokinesis for forcewall
I think the crafting/social skills reach thresholds; cannot be sure but other than that it should be quite self-explanatory

Sykar

Arcane
hNfN1vc.png

3BkrDWB.png

Its the about the same per AP but I said dmg/psi. Here you spend 45 vs 30 PP for the same dmg. Either I count wrong or you count wrong.

edit

Alright, with 6 spells, maybe but its possible to get something economical but setting that up is a waste. Gib example.

That example is worthless. There are a lot of enemies, especially robots, who have high resistance against mechanical and energy damage. Cryokinesis becomes worthless against them, in fact Meta as a whole is worthless against robots and Dreadnoughts. Even the slow is barely noticable. Furthermore, unlike Cryokinesis you can get a feat which spreads Distortion among nearby enemies, which quickly amps up and they are immediatly at 1 turn plus they too can spread. Even against enemies with really high mechanical resistance like metal armor wearers Distortion retains some effectiveness, while CK is again useless except for the slow, but there are other ways to CC and tin cans are slow to begin with anyway. Probably more economic to slow them down with the new temporal ability instead anyway.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Who ever said only pure psi builds can use temporal manipulation? It was designed as a support discipline that every build can benefit from.
I dont know. Lets point and laugh at whoever said that. Ive seen the 2 turn spear ability and thought about the time ability too.
I have not seen a lot of the game, Im just saying that I dont find the first 3 new Tempo abilities useful on a full psion.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
That example is worthless.
You dont have an example at all...
How the fuck is it worthless? Most of the fucking game you fight flesh. I tried using it for 6 levels and it was utter garbage. There is no indication of it getting any better. Wasting a feat on this feels borderline idiotic. What trash hordes are you fighting with it to waste a feat on it?

edit

You should try it on death stalkers...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Elephantman 6 is the lest you can get with Tranquility, with adrenaline it's more, and more with well, "haste".

Also, pistols http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgM...yPAEmJMKDVsKRAlpLM1kpMcKawrXCpCjiqawK4rK7Bd-_
or this http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgU...AAAMKjOSY6VsKRWjFLwoMpJCgRwrNHTuKllAXita4K378

or this http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgU...RkAGRkAAAARkEASwEmMToCWlkoS8KDJCkRM8KzwqRO378

or that http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgU...6VsKRWQJLMSTCgzMRwrPCpCvCh-KllAXiqawF4rK7Bd-_

20 pellet shells for use with Sixth shell as the damage bonus from Expertise

Expertise doesn't work with shotguns.

Can anyone tell what's the AP cost of a shotgun burst?

50 AP I think.

Still don't get why there's no fast travel OPTION, I forgot how terrible the backtracking is in this game, even sped up it's such an annoying waste of time.

:negative:

Dude, just play the game already. ;)

Last edited:
Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
I know that you can get 6. What for? Why are you wasting psi? Who and how are you fighting?

Why are people always posting those L30 builds? I was blazzing through the original game with a CON 3 AR build on Hard as soon as Commando and thats L14?
All those vet and spec feats wont matter even a tiny bit outside of niche cases on DOM. Guaranteed.

Jinn

Arcane
Is the trainer for temporal manipulation psionics in South Gate Station?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom